1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Artifical Intelligence, Robotics and Future of Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by mahnazkut, Feb 7, 2014.

I don't know if anyone mentioned earlier but Google spending huge amount of money towards Robotics and AI. I have read few articles related this, quite interesting and a bit scary reminding Hollywood sci-fi movies.
    Read this : "
    DeepMind is the latest in a long line of artificial intelligence acquisitions from Google that recently included the learning thermostat and smart fire alarm company Nest, described by Google’s Eric Schmidt as "an important bet" which will lead to products that are "infinitely more intelligent".

“DeepMind was generally interested in reinforcement learning, and in deep learning, which is very useful in mining so called ‘big data’, something Google has a lot of and is interested in processing,” said Murray Shanahan a professor of Cognitive Robotics at Imperial College London.

Google also acquired a string of robotics firms in 2013, culminating in the purchase of Boston Dynamics in December, the most high-profile purchase at the time and a company holding contracts with the US military.

Google’s robotics and artificial intelligence efforts were put under the leadership of the father of Android, Andy Rubin, in December combining seven quietly acquired technology companies to foster a self-described “moonshot” robotics vision."

Demis Hassabis is a genius chess and Poker player. Legendary mind games world champion. Google quickly spot him and bought his talent and all research for 700 million USD. His company haven't even produced single commercial product yet, he was just researching.

Finally, I have started to trust Google again and respect their business intelligence.

References:
    http://www.deepmind.com

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/27/google-acquires-uk-artificial-intelligence-startup-deepmind
    Google also bought this company:

mahnazkut, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  2. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See the latest Acquisitions by Google , almost all on same subject:
    December 2, 2013 Schaft.inc Humanoid robots
    December 3, 2013 Industrial Perception Computer Vision
    December 4, 2013 Redwood Robotics Robotic Arms
    December 5, 2013 Meka Robotics Robots
    December 6, 2013 Holomni Robotic wheels
    December 7, 2013 Bot & Dolly Robotic cameras
    December 8, 2013 Autofuss Ads and Design
    December 10, 2013 Boston Dynamics Robotics
    January 4, 2014 Bitspin Timely App for Android
    January 13, 2014 Nest Home automation USA $3,200,000,000
    January 15, 2014 Impermium Internet security
    January 26, 2014 DeepMind Technologies Artificial Intelligence UK $650,000,000

mahnazkut, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  3. mahnazkut

Best Answers:
    This means trying to Outsmart google by SEO tricks is getting harder every day. Google definitely improving its Search engine and investing on intelligent learning machines.

mahnazkut, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  4. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Robots will shortly be writing the search algorithms? :)

lightlysalted, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  5. mahnazkut

Best Answers:
    Not yet but it seems to be :) would you spend billions for just fantasy? this is serious investment for google.

6. mokah

mokah Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is quite relevant to me actually. I've recently started learning about artificial intelligence, more specifically, neural networks at university and I've got to say, they're pretty damn interesting. Whatever Google has got planned - I'm excited.

mokah, Feb 8, 2014 IP
    mahnazkut likes this.
  7. mahnazkut

Best Answers:
    Yes, but we don't know their intentions may not be very innocent. I am a bit suspicious.

8. mokah

mokah Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you think they're gonna create a robot army to take over the world?

mokah, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  9. mahnazkut

Best Answers:
    Nope, but domination of internet and all related businesses, Information is power.