1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Unique Articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Aviator Wayer, Jan 27, 2014.

1. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    But when you're at it you could just scan article find the keywords and rewrite it completely. I think it's a lot faster.

content4cool, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  2. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will replying here really make sense here because the creator of the thread is blocked now.. but yes just adding synonyms to the ezine article for 6-9 hours is a complete waste of time and the meaning of the article will go haywire.

impishme84, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That essentially IMO does not matter.
    Definitely if you have something valuable to add. Some important points about article spinning and rewriting have been raised in this discussion. This thread will surely be useful for people who are seeking an answer to the same question or have similar concerns.

Content Maestro, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  4. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tsk tsk... Spinning articles is never a good idea. You'd be sacrificing your credibility if you're going to post it on your site. And of course, it will sound unnatural and readers would be quick to notice the spun articles. It's like having the terminator write your term paper... yeeshh...

I didn't notice the "banned" label... but still...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not a writer but wouldn't 9 hours be how long it would take to write an entry level unique article on any topic?

One thing I find interesting at dp is we get people who try and earn credibility by posting articles found elsewhere. They stand out like a sore thumb, especially where they start with "in my last article" and it's a first post, or "for my friends at BHW". We copy a short segment of the text and it's amazing how google finds all the other copies of the article - exactly. No other articles mixed in, just the exact same article as it's distributed across forums, blogs and article directories. Makes our job easier. My point though, is that unique content can still be written - amazing when you think of the amount of information available online.

sarahk, Feb 5, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's true. If replacing words with their synonyms is all you are doing for (re)writing a 500-words article, it does not take 9 hours to do that. Even a newbie writer can do it in less than an hour.
    That's the whole point. It does not require a Herculean effort to write a 500-words original piece of content in your own words. All info for most of the topics is already available on the web. You just have to put in some thought and articulate it in an engaging style. The only exception for this would be something of the kind of research papers that needs you to put in hours and hours of study and cross-check several facts a thousand times.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Content Maestro, Feb 5, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread has been informative, in a way. The OP thinks switching out words with their synonyms isn't spinning. I cringe to think how many other self-proclaimed writers feel the same way.

YMC, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another."
    --Voltaire

TDI-MAD, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  9. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, please don't cringe yourself to death with that information! :p When it comes to writing, after some time, people start to claim something is right just because they "feel" it is right. This particular "feeling" is nurtured with repeated wrong usage over long periods of time. I am sure the concerned person has been using synonyms, believing it isn't spinning, for a long time now. Looking at the reactions that came when the mistake was pointed out, this is a case where help is beyond all earthly techniques. The real tragedy / horror is that she is not alone...

TDI-MAD, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  10. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want unique article, you cannot spin the articles.
    You either have to write it out your own or pay some content writer to write the articles for you.

Melisa455, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  11. Shoriful Islam Shanto

Shoriful Islam Shanto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spinning article is not user friendly. You can rewrite your article.

Shoriful Islam Shanto, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  12. Sheikh Asad Ahmed

Sheikh Asad Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As per my experience - Basic knowledge about the topics we are about to write is mandatory. I can tell about myself that; once I am comfortable with the topic, I search for more reliable and relevant information. I use my writing skills, practical experience and the “common sense” to set up a theme for the article and start writing. Coping other articles and changing the synonyms does not satisfy me.

Talking about the timings to write number of words depends upon - what we are about to write? Controlling Time is a part of time management and vary person to person. It depends how we manage to handle our work load.

Sheikh Asad Ahmed, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Neither does it satisfy the bots now.:D Google has rolled out updates that debar such stuff.
    If creating quality content was as easy as copying someone's work and replacing words with their synonyms, everybody under the sun would be a 'writer'.;)

Content Maestro, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  14. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Aviator Wayer!

This is a actually a very good question to discuss. I have been writing for years and it is really hard to create unique articles especially when you have no idea about the topic.

In my experience, rewriting or rewording other articles would not benefit you much as people can easily find it out. Moreover, search engines like Google are changing their algorithms and they are focusing more on fresh and quality content.

Here are a few things you can try to write fresh, unique, and quality content without consuming much time.

Understand what the topic is about and who are going to read your content. Do some research; I hope Google search is the key!

Read the content from multiple sources and get an idea. Then, list out the most important things that you want to discuss in your article.

Now expand your points in your style in order to make your readers interested.
    Chances are you can get stuck at a certain point so I would advise you to start writing the part that you have more idea. You can do further research on the hardest part so it will not consume much time.

The most important thing is that you need to consider yourself as a reader of your article so you can think like a reader. A person is reading your article to get helpful information. Thus, it is your duty to write in an easy to understand and simplest way.
    Make sure you maintain a good flow in your article. For this, splitting the content into short paragraphs with subtitles will be helpful. Proofread your article once done and make sure it passes Copyscape premium.

In order to reduce time consumption, you need a proper time management. For me, I would spend x time for research, y time for listing points, and z time for writing. These variables change according to the complexity of topic. You can simply plan a time scale even before you start dealing with a topic.

Just keep writing and don’t worry about “being perfect” as long as you can write great articles in a different way. Your speed will increase with practice and you will once write articles on any topic within quick time.

One last thing I must say. Don’t rely on any kind of tools or software if you want to create unique articles. Usage of such tools will spoil your content, website ranking and even your reputation as a writer. In my experience, people would appreciate and pay more for completely “hand written” articles.

I hope my answer helps you!

pretty10, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  15. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    As someone who spends most of their day reading the rubbish that results from this, I can assure you that it produces neither quality content, nor fools the engines. Nor does it fool a site admin! :D

The problem is that it still shows as plagiarised content. If you get more than a few percent match on an article, no sensible client will pay for it - they risk getting Google-slapped for duplication (or straight-up theft) - so you're effectively wasting all your time on producing crap that won't sell.

That said, rewriting - as in reading an article, considering the content, researching and adding your own ideas, then producing unique work that says something similar - is not really an issue. There are already 1,000 versions of just about everything ever written, so another one isn't going to hurt anybody.

Just make sure you rewrite, not re-word!

WLEadmin, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  16. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Either a person knows how to write or they don't. A person can't fake it by pretending to know he/she knows what it is he/she is writing about when in reality, the person knows little to nothing about the subject he/she is writing about. Replacing words, rewording a few sentences, etc., is not writing. It's the lazy and cheap approach to getting a job done, which ultimately will cost the person more in the long run.

TextServices, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  17. MacchuPikachu

MacchuPikachu Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still wondering how anyone gets any satisfaction from (essentially) manually spinning an article of 500 words' length and taking up to nine hours to do that. I'm no speed freak but I could churn out ten or more actually original articles in that time, and that's if I had to research the subject matter.

Almost wish the OP wasn't banned so I could ask what benefit they get from that approach. Then again, given their response to accusations of spinning, maybe that's a question I'd leave unasked.

MacchuPikachu, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  18. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Actually, everyone's wondering the same. Maybe 'I have worked 9 hours on this article' can be used as an excuse to demand an increased pay from the client.:)
    The OP was banned for some time, but the ban was lifted later.
    See these posts here:

Content Maestro, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  19. Jennifer Hutson

Jennifer Hutson Member

Best Answers:
    Replacing a few words with synonyms isn't even close to re-writing...it isn't even spinning for that matter. Good spinning replaces words at sentence- and phrase-level and is still coherent.

I can't even imagine the gobbledygook you are producing with this method of interjecting random synonyms for single words throughout an article...at 6-9 hours of work. Hell, you could write eight ORIGINAL articles in that amount of time.

This type of 'writing' is killing content marketing as we know it. Instead of creating a bunch of half-spun crap that will never create value for your readers, why not focus on writing real articles from scratch or hiring someone else to do it for you?

Jennifer Hutson, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  20. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    pretty10, very well say. I was also about the say "research" is the key to find content. But you say it before me.
    And nowadays many things can be found on the internet for free. It just takes time to research.

I also agree with you not to use software. As most of the spinning software does not give unique content.

Melisa455, Sep 11, 2014 IP