1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get more traffic ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Linda Patel, Nov 26, 2013.

1. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should buy what you need - you need traffic --> buy it. Recommend: facebook ads and send traffic to article (on which you offer affiliate products or CPA)

mrgadget, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    MarketerRon likes this.
  2. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you think it would be enough facebook ads and it will bring you traffic you want?

Robert Fisks, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  3. Aabhinav

Aabhinav Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to pay attention to three things:
    1. Be sticked to the mantra of genuine and high quality content.
    2. Pay attention towards white hat SEO techniques.
    3. Social media will be of great help to you. Share things regarding your website that may be helpful to people or people out there could find it exciting and interesting.

Aabhinav, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dear, build a fanpage (support your website), then drive traffic to the fanpage (via facebook ads), then drive fans to your website (you shouldn't just share your site's URL on fanpage, instead, diversifying your posts (info image, article, info about product, shop, funny image, etc, poll, questions, ...). Following this way, you can build 2 online assets at the same time (fanpage + website)
    GL!

mrgadget, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. Williammarkenn

Williammarkenn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create Facebook account join join Facebook group ,do blog commenting,guest commenting.

Williammarkenn, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  6. SpyShifu

SpyShifu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually love paid In-Text Advertising for blog. Frankly speaking, SEO is not my thing & I never even bother to do it, but after frequent time(5-6 months) I outsource link-wheel to stay update on Google Page! ( budget not more than $80 ).
    To be honest, you need to spend few bucks to get just lesser target traffic, which is really valued traffic than spamming methods.

SpyShifu, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell you how to get traffic with link building, but you are not going to like the cost factor; It does take some money to compete with the big boys, or you can continue with joe smoe 10k link building service, and wonder again next year why you still have not made anything....quality link building can cost, and it is a waiting game, maybe even months of waiting...I know, we all want traffic now...good PR ranking is good for you in the long run, but in the short run, it sucks; when you get down to it, traffic is what pays the bills, and when I mean traffic, I do not mean the traffic crap you buy ie 10,000 real humans for $10; traffic like that is nothing more then junk traffic re-routed from expired domains or such to your site. The type of traffic you want is either natural organic, or targeted ad traffic ie adwords, facebook, bing, and so on, and if you set your campaign up wrong, then you lose your money and go broke.

and if you did everything right I said above, then there is no guarantee you will still make anything in the end...there are a lot of factors involved; for instance, i just bought domain/site that was making $25/mo - the domain is excellent, and it has organic traffic, but his site was crap, and once I do an entire re-vamp of the
    site, then it will be a for-sure money maker; is that guaranteed for me, absoutely not, but after reviewing the domain, site, traffic, stats, well, it will be. :) and it does make your life easier when you have a targeted domain that has traffic, why start my day buying traffic when it already gets 3k/uv per month?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    dscurlock, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    SpyShifu likes this.
  8. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now i like your comment more!haha thanks,i think this answer will help for others also :)

Robert Fisks, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  9. SpyShifu

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about iframe traffic which sold 10K for $10. Why would I spend even that $10 for useless visits!
    Now, PPC it's doesn't matter, which keywords you need to get traffic! Specifically I go with bunch of longtail to get cheaper rates.
    Do you recommend any specific methods that actually loved by Google after panda - penguin update? Lets say, if you have one blog & it's about "SEO " or may be " affiliate money making ", then how would you decide to go for that specific keyword after doing keyword spy. The one thing I've known about SEO that, I don't even think now about to get rank for " SEO " or " make money online " word now! ( means it's cost a lot even for SEO ) So how you decide that, oh! yes this is the keyword! and your reason why you only pick that one out of your whole list.

SpyShifu, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  10. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    This is what you call trial and error, doing your research, and doing your homework....

It maybe tough to rank for "seo" but not really impossible...do a google search on "seo" and
    see your competitors; also take notice of listing #5 - This site has a PR0 - He should not
    rank anywhere near any "seo" pages, but yet he does; this site is dancing with the big
    boys, wikipedia, forbes, moz, and he is one over majestic-seo. My guess he is doing something
    that he is not supposed to be doing, and he will not be there for long....

long tail keywords is your life blood. If you are going to invest in your life
    blood, then this is not the time to be cheap because, picking the wrong
    keywords for the wrong reasons; you will go no where; seo is going to be tough anway,
    because there are only so many ways you can spin seo, and you can bet you are
    not the only one out there using those seo long tail keywords...

btw, people do use "junk" traffic for various reasons....
    Just do not ever expect the traffic will convert well (if at all)
    You should only use junk traffic to help your serp movement,
    and dont send 10k visitors /day to your site...can you say red flag!

and PPC sure hell does matter...If you choose the wrong
    low cost keywords that produce results, then you will go broke.
    You should not use PPC unless you are well experienced....
    unless you just have money to burn, then no worries...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    dscurlock, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  11. SpyShifu

Best Answers:
    thanks for your replay.
    btw, I'm not saying that I choose longtail to get cheaper traffic, if you do PPC then you probably know that, if you have exact longtail over the broad matches keywords, then your campaign will be get much cheaper rates ( bids ) other than normal campaign - means you get higher clicks & good quality score. I've doing PPC now over 3 years already.

now move to my question. I ask you that,

How would you decide the one and only longtail keyword over bunch of your list? Their are many keywords, which have different search result, different competitions, different types, volumes, many relevant keywords & so on... how you decide that, "yes, that's my beauty!"
    Second, Do you recommend any specific methods that actually loved by Google after panda - penguin update?

SpyShifu, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    PPC - If you use ppc then you would want to take a be more caution on what you pick on your
    list, choose a top number lets say you have 100s of long tails come up...If you are using ppc
    then you would not want to focus on keywords that are going to be either to expensive, or
    do not produce enough traffic. The bigger a company is, the bigger their budget so they can
    afford those $7-$10 click ads, but you want to focus on your buget and you have to ask yourself,
    can I afford this keyword, and if i can, then is it going to bring traffic. If you long tail is cheap,
    then maybe for a reason, even though it maybe cheap, is there any quality traffic coming
    from that keyword? If not, then why even use it at all....

If you are not using PPC, and you want to build your seo the organic way, then you can be a little
    more liberal on your keyword usage, and still, why use a keyword that maybe to hard to
    rank for, or not enough traffic that will produce when your content is indexed....

If you have been doing PPC for 3 years then why the questions...? most people that start off
    with ppc end up going broke because they just throw random keywords on the list, and go...
    If you have not gone broke by now, then that is good, but if you are just breaking even, not so much...

dscurlock, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  13. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use PPC in the wrong way, you waste your money just to get nothing! I prefer super-targeted traffic from free domains (yes it's my strategy and what my customers are using every single day for their profits)

tbtoyl, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  14. Wae Athenway

Wae Athenway Member

Best Answers:
    Use PPC for fast traffic and this traffic converts also, not like Organic traffic which comes after lots of hard-work.

Wae Athenway, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  15. SpyShifu

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about PPC, I've good success with them.

The thing is I never do SEO up till now, so I'm asking you about SEO, How you final your keyword for SEO?
    Do you recommend any specific methods that actually loved by Google after panda - penguin update?

again, I'm not asking you about PPC.

SpyShifu, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  16. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    PPC is for instant traffic - Organic is for long term traffic (sit back and smell the roses) because
    you will be doing various things, and you will be doing a lot of sitting, and waiting to see the results.

17. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    In order to be loved by google, you need to think like them too.
    google loves for everything to be natural. Stuffing 20 links on a page
    pointing to this or that is not natural. If you are building your links by the
    the 1000's each day; that is not natural. If you have a PR0 and all of a sudden
    you are getting PR5+ backlinks; that too is not natural to google....
    use software to do keyword research, that is what its for...

18. Williammarkenn

Williammarkenn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1)Create Your Own Original Content to Pin.
    2)Host a Contest on Pinterest.
    This way is also get good traffic.

Williammarkenn, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  19. Williammarkenn

Williammarkenn Greenhorn

Best Answers:

20. Williammarkenn

Williammarkenn Greenhorn

Best Answers: