1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ram4nd

ram4nd Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no ultimate truth in natural world. You are a tiny grain of sand on our planet. Our planet is a tiny grain of sand in our galaxy. Our galaxy is a tiny grain of sand in a litter-box of the universe. There is no truth, you die in 50 years and after that your existence will be forgotten. That is is the ultimate truth. Everything will die.

About the right decision of your brain. There is no ultimate right. If you live in an African gang and other gang member insults you, you shoot him. Is there any truth or righteousness in that? NO!

Supernatural is called supernatural cause it's a fairytale. Supernatural thing that occurs in this universe is called natural.

ram4nd, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  2. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    God is Science :)

24wallpapers, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  3. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in Both...
    God's rules are never change & no one can stop them.
    Example: birth, death, rain, earth quake etc.

Science's rules are changeable.

Paresh Shrimali, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  4. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you could wipe out all the religions and science in this world, science would eventually come to the exact same facts, while no religion would. Please stop saying "evolution is a theory". It's a theory yes. But "god" is a hypothesis, not a theory.

I read about a ship sinking down about 2 months ago, all the crew drowned while cook from that ship was trapped at the bottom of the ocean in a water-proof kitchen with enough air to survive those few days. After 3 days, divers found him and took him to the surface. And people said "Thank you God for saving him."

This is hypocrisy at it's best. So, nature only was the cause for all the other 100 men on board to drown and god was only responsible for saving that single man's life.

Like many Christians, I was brainwashed into the religion right from my birth and it took me years to develop my own beliefs which don't include any god-like nonsense. I read Quran and Bible and what not. Same as predictions of Nostradamus. Anyone can write a book where every sentence can have 100 different meanings and only the blind one will find that single meaning that maybe could be right and believe.

MQSS, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i do.
    the existence of god is the most obvious thing EVER.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    homer7, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  6. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Explain please, where is it obvious?

MQSS, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  7. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

homer7, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  8. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there is someone responsible for all this, this someone is GOD.
    also there are tons of scientific proofs of god existence in the Quran.
    up to you to search.

homer7, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  9. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my... There is 0, nothing, zero new scientific proofs in Quran. Everything was known before, embrio "proof" for instance copied from Greeks with same errors. Each verse can have many different meanings. Now you might say Quran said Earth was round (spiral) almost 1000 years before Columbus, but even if it was proved that Earth is flat today, people like Zakir Naik would easily twist the words or find another verse that would mean Earth is flat. I'm done with this thread, maybe in 22nd century.

MQSS, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  10. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe in both. First in God and then on Science. Both cover each other.

alek, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    homer7 likes this.
  11. conceptman

conceptman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wont compare any religion with your thoughts. (i am a Hindu )
    Do you have a open mind to discuss ?
    what is a soul ?
    Do you belive in rebirth ?

maybe since is superior. but there is a universal power which controls science
    i cant win this discussion but i wont loose either - if we talk on merits
    i don't think this is the correct place to discuss though

conceptman, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  12. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    Personally it would be science, I am not into that myth stuff

dedideals, Feb 2, 2014 IP
    earlpearl likes this.
  13. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is room to believe on both. No one can really say that God exist or doesn't exist or what God really is. Some people want to believe in God because in their minds it explains things that science cannot.

There are actually plenty of scientists that believe in God. There's nothing wrong with that and I don't find it a contradiction at all.

tdn878, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  14. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe whatever has proof. So in this case science.

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  15. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Religion exists because it seems to have the answers for things that aren't yet known to scientists. It's like selling "get rich fast" schemes to total newbies in online marketing.

Imagine you're a cat. Cat nip must be god's dust for them.

Thousands of years ago religion had the answer why sun is up in the sky. 600 years ago religion had the answer why the Earth is flat. 10000 years from now religion will have the answer about 15th dimension and so on. Religion evolves all the time to suit the latest science discoveries. If you believe in Nostradamus and you read his predictions which have verses that can have thousands of meanings, you will always find one single meaning that could fit the latest proven science discoveries. But scientists will analyze the meaning of all 1000 possible variations of same verse and give it 0,1% chances.

MQSS, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  16. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've read a few of your posts on this thread, and I seems like you have more a problem with organized religion and religious extremists rather than the concept of God itself. What I mean is people who believe in literally everything told to them(in other words- the bible or it's equivalents) eg. World was created in 7 days, Earth is thousands of years old etc. Forget about those things and Religious "institutions" for a second. What are your general thoughts on the idea of "God".

I mean scientists ask the question of "why are we here" and "what is the meaning of life" all the time. It actually drives them to come up with all sorts of theories about where the universe came from. Surely you understand from that POV why some people at least consider there to be a "creator" or designer of "sorts"? From that POV, if you think about it, it actually seems to make a lot of logical sense to believe in the idea of God or some sort of "design". Your thoughts?

tdn878, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In this case, it is also logical to say that looking at the state of the world, God is a sh*ty designer.

gworld, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  18. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol, if you are a pessimist, then you sure could. I didn't really want to use the word "design" because it always involves so much "human" connotations like some gigantic image of God sculpting everything with his hands- it's ridiculous- much like the crap they teach kids about "intelligent design".

That's not really where I'm coming from. Where I'm coming from is that, if you think about the universe, there are certain laws that govern how things are. Any slight difference to these laws and the universe ceases to be. So why are these laws there? Who put them there? It's a question that will never be answered, but for some "God" seems a good enough answer- whatever their idea of God actually is. For me it's a complete mystery that will never be solved. That's why I said in my earlier post that it is compatible to believe in both God and Science.

tdn878, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  19. conceptman

conceptman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agree with you but on which side your in ?god or science lol

conceptman, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  20. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Science.
    Religion tries to explain something that is not known to science yet and once science discovers that those things are not compatible with religious beliefs, religion evolves and finds something else to lie about.

MQSS, Mar 24, 2014 IP
    conceptman likes this.