1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Adsense for On-site SEO

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by inkymike, Dec 8, 2006.

This might be an incrdibly dumb question but do you guys think you can use Adsense as an idicator of the success of iyour on-site SEO efforts?

Obviously how adsense determines the theme and value of your pages is going to be different to the main Google search ranking algorithm, but do you think you could use Adsense as an indicator of how Google will see you web pages?

That is, if Adsense ads are displaying for the keywords you are try to target does this point to a possible improved ranking in Googles index for these keywords?

inkymike, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  2. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that it shows a very good indication that your CONTENT relevance is on target. That's about it though. If adsense ads are showing ads that compliment and help your users, your content is spot on.

cianuro, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  3. nichevalue

nichevalue Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say it has limited affect. Although it is good that the your on-site optimizations bring up targeted AdSense ads.

Google doesn't value on-site seo factors as much as off-site seo factors (i.e. backlinks, anchor text, etc...) Link development is one of the most important factors to ranking well in the Google SERPs.

nichevalue, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  4. brentl

brentl Peon

Best Answers:
    This is somewhat related, but don't forget that the Adsense bot is also sometimes used to index pages. Yeah. This was confirmed by Matt Cutts:

ttp://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060419-094701

(add an h ..sheesh what do I gotta do to be able to post a link? :) )

brentl, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that help adsense to idetify what your content is . when adsense has identify your content , it shows more relevant content to your pages;)

trichnosis, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  6. Ray P.

Ray P. Peon

Best Answers:
    There are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration for high rankings (backlinks, the way you strucutre your HTML. etc.) ... but for the most part, Google would assign the right ads to any page as long as the keyword density is good so I wouldn't say it is a good indicator of how valuable your page is. There are plenty of keyword dense pages out there in page 475 of the search result.

Ray P., Dec 8, 2006 IP