1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutts Says Not to Use Article Directories for Links

Discussion in 'Directories' started by tornado!, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    At some point that may be their only avenue. They are currently treading a very thin line towards anti-trust.

Mia, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    SpyShifu likes this.
  2. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They've already crossed that line (IMO). Its just a matter of time before someone has the guts (and money) to take them on

Nima, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  3. SpyShifu

SpyShifu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it's true, still i don't want this to be happen. adsense is really a best thing that at a point no one can offer!

SpyShifu, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If you enjoy separating advertisers from their money; I guess I could see that. What I have found is that for more than a decade Google taught me specifically how to defraud their advertisers out of money by specifically telling me where to place their ads so that they would be CLICKED ON. Now that their advertisers have dropped off and realized that they are not converting sales on those "CLICKS", google has run around and smacked their advertisers and or all but removed those "specially placed" ads in an effort to not only appease their advertisers, but ultimately to save face from something they themselves articulated, orchestrated and created.

Mia, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. SpyShifu

Best Answers:
    Well, that only happen when your income range hit over $100 day! If income doesn't hit $100 a day, then google not even bother about ad placement. A student like me $1K+ extra income is not that bad, even for CPS offers I need to invest few percent to get ROI but these extra income doesn't even need a penny other that hosting & domain!

6. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No where in your analogy are you talking about whether the advertisers are benefiting from their ads on your site which was Mia's point

Nima, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  7. SpyShifu

Best Answers:
    somewhat, I'm talking about publisher benefits.

8. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Even article directory is officially blocked by Google, people can still pay for bloggers to write paid contents.

WallaceYeung, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way advertisers will continue advertising is if they get a positive return on their investment. Otherwise the publisher's income is only short term

Nima, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  10. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can still submit your link on high quality article directories don't submit same Article on on every article websites , use different content for different article directories.

OSSEO, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  11. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    But he's basing that response on his assumption that you're building with spammy content that gets sprayed all over the web. As with all things, there's a good and bad, a lot of grey between the white and black. He's simply saying that uploading junk, syndicating it out to a million crappy sites and expecting it to work for link building is wrong. But then we already knew that.

IMHO, his "NO" answer is targetted to the imbeciles, not to sensible people - you know, all those people who still think spun content on 250 sites is a good idea, who spam blog comments, who email you 400 times a day with the same ad...

As always, it depends on the particular circumstances. A broad statement will (almost) always say "avoid it" because such statements are intended for the mindless masses, not the careful few.

TIEro, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    YMC and averyz like this.
  12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was beginning to feel I was the lone voice in the wilderness. Nothing that Cutts says is black and white. It is always vague. Even the way the NO is in parenthesis and after the link seemed off to me.

YMC, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  13. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts is a spokes person for a publicly traded company. Everything he says to the public has a intention behind it=To increase profit.

Allstate doesn't care about your families house- They sell formulated policies and publicly traded shares that need growth.
    Audi doesn't care about your families safety- They sell cars and publicly traded shares that need growth.
    Google doesn't care about your search results- They sell advertising and publicly traded shares that need growth.

It's all advertising and public manipulation with one intention= To increase profit.

averyz, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    Nima and melprise like this.
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That pretty much sums it up. Cutts is no different than a presidential press secretary. Spin, spin, spin...

Mia, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    Nima likes this.
  15. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So How about Article Directory like enzinearticle or articlecity ??

suwandichen13, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  16. Paw Pet Directory

Paw Pet Directory Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Makes me wonder if they will knock link directories all together as well...

Paw Pet Directory, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  17. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at their Alexa states, which is about the best anyone not affiliated with the site has for a measure of traffic, you will see their traffic cut in half from 2012.

Quality can be debated all we want, and Google can run for cover under a flawed algorithm that elevates their own sites and those they are investors in, but the truth remains that there is a shift in wealth online. Anything that serves as a search alternative is a competitor of Google in their eyes, whether its links, a directory or social networks. It's time we all stop ignoring the facts and contact our elected representatives to demand that the agencies responsible for ensuring fair trade are held responsible for their inaction (ie. FTC). Google's future growth is dependent on your silence. If you remain quiet, you are partially responsible for what the internet will look like in the future through the inaction of your representatives.

snowbird, Feb 9, 2014 IP
    tornado!, averyz and Mia like this.
  18. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    You sir are a true optimist :)

sundaybrew, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Anti-trust time!

Mia, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    tornado! likes this.
  20. TStarnes

TStarnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know there are all kinds of conspiracy theories, but you have to admit they have a point. The quality of content on sites like enzinearticle and the like is pretty bad. In all honesty, on most search terms enzinearticle should not be a high ranking result, because their quality is so bad.

It sucks from an SEO standpoint, but then it was all the SEO companies pumping low quality content into those sites that made them so bad in the first place.

TStarnes, Feb 10, 2014 IP