1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it a good decision of starting a dating site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by monim1, Jan 2, 2014.

I want to start a dating site business. So i need help for expert. How much i can earn from it? What i have to do for getting more visitors in my site?

monim1, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Not unless you have some way of advertising it cheaper than the money you make from it.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't. You will have scammers posting fake profiles (pretending to be females), at the same time, you will have very little real profiles, because people who do online dating go to the sites that have been around for a while.

qwikad.com, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is very difficult to enter a mature market like this. You would be competing against some very big players with big marketing budgets unless you are able to carve out a very small niche (e.g., a small geography or a small special interest group) that the big players are not interested in. The trouble with such a niche approach is that it will be risky in that you may not be able to get enough traffic or real members to make a business out of it. There would have to be a very compelling reason (i.e., a tremendous differentiator) to try to break in to this market, in my opinion.

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    daveman likes this.
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    dating sites are all over like fungus. unless you have something great to offer users, spend your time on something more business worthy.

webcosmo, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  6. matrix20012

matrix20012 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can not start without the members of this site and the huge ads may cost too much for you to start other services effective for making money from the internet. So you should take a firm decision not waste your money for nothing

matrix20012, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  7. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to open "dating site" but today that's really hard work. You have to invest a lot and people will always go on Facebook, free and simple..
    That site has destroyed every hope I had :)

BusinessSpy, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Think about it this way, dating is a good niche to be in. However, to be successful you have to offer something that major dating sites do not have available. This is going to take a lot of time and research on your part. You will have to join the major sites yourself and make note of their differences and similarities. You should have a verification process so you can eliminate majority of the fake profiles so you can build your reputation as a credible site. The big dating sites didn’t become big players overnight so it is not something that is going to make you money from the start but if you are dedicated to achieving a certain status in the dating industry it is definitely something that can be done.

funmom91, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    daveman likes this.
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a niche I would ever recommend. Why? Because even if you were to achieve the success of registering 250 accounts EVERY day you still miserably fail at retaining members. People sign up for dating sites to meet locals in THEIR own area and if you haven't guessed the world is a pretty damn big place. Even if you have 10 members per every 10 square mile radius of a country you still wouldn't have enough men, women, blondes, brunettes, red heads, whites, blacks, hispanics, 20 year olds, 30 year olds, 40 year olds, 50 year olds, straights, gays, and the list goes on to satisfy everyones drastic difference in taste.

Walmart has over 11,000 stores and every week more than 245 million customers shop there. Between JUST Match, Eharmony, OkCupid, Zoosk, and POF there are over 100 million members. It should down right scare the shit out of you to even THINK about competing with one of those sites. It's like competing with Walmart and starting off with 0 products. Your doors are open... someone may walk through... but you offer nothing to keep them there.

NetStar, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    daveman and jrbiz like this.
  10. kristinaant

kristinaant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that online dating is still on the rise though, and if you are creative and going niche, you have good chances of building a strong community of members on your site. Okay, not millions but at least a couple thousands of active members is quite doable. Once you're done building your members database, you will be able to start monetizing. Here are some tips on that.
    And even before that, you can earn with banner and links exchange programs.

kristinaant, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  11. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Your site can be successful on these cases as I think

Make sure all profile in your site are real. No Fake Profile should be there, for this you can make Passport photograph compulsory.
    Enquire about background especially men, make sure they are not drug addict, criminal and not married looking for affair.
    Arrange a meeting between boy and girl in your office if possible.
    Guide them in getting married.

Follow this rules, You can be successful.

eric_wahlberg, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  12. LeadMaster

LeadMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, online communication is constantly on the rise and there are always users demanding channels that are specific to their interests so there is demand for new and exciting dating sites. I recommend honing in on ease of use because networking sites involve people searching for others within a specific region, have certain interests, etc. If the ease of search is lacking then the site will probably not catch on.

LeadMaster, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Many others have now agreed with my comment about the difficulties of this very large and very mature market. The only possible way that I can see such any chance (and it would only be a chance) of success is through trying to serve a narrow subset that is not well-served by the "mass market" providers that others have referred to. I see this trend now here in the U.S. with dating sites specializing in the "over 50" crowd, people who only want to date within their own religion, and I even recently saw a site that was being marketed to people who lived on farms. Their pitch was that a city-dweller would not be compatible with someone from a rural community. If you could find such a niche within a "group" of people who would not be comfortable using a "general" dating site and your website was releasing pent up demand for such a niche site, it could work.

But I have to say, even with an approach like that, the numbers worry me. What I mean is that your niche may have to be so narrow that you will have difficulty getting any reasonable membership numbers. That said, if you were successful at this and found a way to make profits from the niche or niches, you would have an easy exit strategy of selling the business to one of the big boys who are always trying to grow marketshare and a proven new niche market will get a serious look from them.

jrbiz, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  14. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you choose carefully where to promote it, you'll do fine. General dating sites probably do better than the adult-oriented ones just because the adult ones are often associated with bad site neighborhoods and spamming. It's a competitive niche, but if you can focuse on specialized interests, such as bikers who want to meet or single parents. That's just my opinion off the top of my head, though. Maybe brainstorm with a consultant what you should do. Observe other sites that have been successful.

gambler53, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  15. Aabhinav

Aabhinav Member

Best Answers:
    People would come to you only if you are having something unique and user friendly. What I am thinking is how many people around be willing to join a new player in the field in spite of many giants already in the business. I did not mean to underestimate you but only that first of all you should do some serious research work regarding the pros and cons and then continue.

Aabhinav, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  16. tacitinc

tacitinc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend it unless you have a secretly aged 15 year old viral domain / brand campaign your planning on launching with some serious financial backing to keep it afloat during the cautionary months. I would recommend doing more dating CPA before starting my own network to get a better idea of the market ... just my 2 cents ;) very saturated these days and we own a very large dating network so I speak from experience :p

tacitinc, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    daveman likes this.
  17. Exppress Car Wash

Exppress Car Wash Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can start itand this is a good new thing wich is lykd by today's youth but u need to take some precisely acute security and legal permissions so that in case of fraudlent by any customer to other customer while using this site....

Exppress Car Wash, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  18. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of dating sites, I'd suggest you to live in the future and get some ideas of what is not available for now in the dating industry and work on it. That'll surely get you good amount of money.

MujtabaK, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  19. NirvanaO_oracle

NirvanaO_oracle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic is the hardest part for any new site and there's no easy secrets or magic bullets and therefore will require a lot of research, time, and hard work, especially if your funds are limited.

One key method for getting traffic is trying to get your site to come up on "page one" in Google searches for Keyword Phrases that are relevant to your site. When starting out you'll have to choose Keywords that aren't very competitive, for example the keyword "dating" is extremely competitive and unless you have REAL DEEP POCKETS you'll never get anywhere close to showing up on page one. Unless you can afford to pay a good SEO company to help you with this, you'll have to do your own research and and try to learn some methods you can do and try on your own, there's a fairly strong and lengthy learning curve to really get a good grasp on SEO techniques and be efficient.

This is one the main reasons so many people recommend going with a "niche" dating site since the Internet is so saturated with dating sites picking the right niche can be far less competitive than trying to compete and get a slice of the general dating scene.

Placing Google Adsense Ads directly on your site isn't going to generate traffic to your site, all it will do is place ads of dating site competitors on your site and drive visitors away from your site. Every time a visitor clicks on the ads you have the potential of earning a few pennies, which won't ever add up to much of anything unless you have tons of traffic. Don't confuse Google Adsense Ads with Google AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) keyword advertising.

NirvanaO_oracle, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  20. informaticsshilpi

informaticsshilpi Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is good you can save time money and energy.

informaticsshilpi, Feb 19, 2014 IP