1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few general SEO terms for beginners

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BhaskarD, Jan 29, 2014.

Using short forms is a practice seen in every industry. The relevant jargon saves on time and confusion and is a trend among professionals across all fields. I have attempted to explain in brief, a few terms we keep coming across in SEO for the benefit of those who have just made their first peek through the window of SEO. May these terms be their first steps into an amazing world.

SEO: Search Engine Optimization.

SERP:
    Search Engine Result Page. First SERP rankings are the targets of SEO.

White Hat SEO:
    Techniques that are ethical and foster healthy competition.

Black Hat SEO:
    Techniques that use unethical means and are unnatural (and temporary!) ways of gaining good ranks on SERPs.

301 Redirect: Code used to permanently redirect a URL.

302 Redirect: Code used to temporarily redirect a URL.

Anchor Text: Content providing explanation on the term. Often used by SEO to direct users to their website where the explanation occurs.

Back Link: Linking certain content on a website to another website.

Link Building: Placing external links to a website.

Link Spamming: Excessive Link Building without consideration of the relevancy of the links.

Google Bowling: Using Link Spamming on the competitors, hoping they would suffer at the hands of the Search Engines.

Spider/ Crawler: Bots sent out by Search Engines to index pages.

Keywords: Terms that are used by the users to search for relevant websites. Their relevant presence is vital for SEO success.

Keyword Stuffing: Adding too many keywords. It is harmful in the long run and considered Black Hat.

Landing Page: The page in the target website, where the user is sent to, when he clicks on a back link. Optimized Landing Pages play a key role in successful conversions.

Meta Data: Data read by the Search Engines in order to analyze what the website is about.

No Follow: Tag added to a link by which Search Engine bots are instructed not to consider it.

Sitemap: Map which aids the Search Engine Bots while indexing.

BhaskarD, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  2. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello sir, these are very important term used in search engine optimization, with these terms you can better understand search engine optimization.

My Property Stores, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  3. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:

BhaskarD, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  4. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    Please feel free to add more terms that I (must have definitely :p) missed. However, it will be appreciated if only common terms are provided.

BhaskarD, Jan 30, 2014 IP