1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Unique Articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Aviator Wayer, Jan 27, 2014.

I want to know how to research and write Copyscape passed Unique articles? Are there some special tools or techniques which can be used for researching and writing unique quality articles? I tried replacing synonyms in EzineArticles and this take around 6-9 hours to write 500 words.

Proper technique used by pro in generating unique and quality content is required. Please share them here if you know.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  2. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "I tried replacing synonyms in EzineArticles and this take around 6-9 hours to write 500 words."

Spinning articles isn't the same as creating unique content.

Boardwalk, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't spin article, I replace words with similar meaning and DP now days sucks with trolls like you.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia is your friend. So is Google search. So are the millions of blogs, information sites and everything else online. And your own experience.

Your fingers, your brain and a keyboard.

Ah, I see. You don't mean "research and write [...] unique articles", you mean "steal existing content and spin or rewrite it so I can sell it as if it's original". That's an entirely different goal. Spinning in any form except purely manual (and done by someone who knows what they're doing) produces word-vomit. 98% of the articles I get on the directory I run are like this and I reject them instantly.

Every single pro writer I know uses the same technique: they sit down at their computer, research the subject online (or verify stuff if they already know it), then write their own, original content. That's why it's called "original".

If you want to rewrite content, rewrite it. Don't change words. Read it, understand it, then write from scratch in your own words. It still sucks, but it's better than just pretending you're creating something new.

TIEro, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    sarahk, Rado_ch, Spoiltdiva and 2 others like this.
  5. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    All through school your instructors told you to do research - take jot notes and then write from your heart.
    A good writer writes about topics they know about and write as if they were talking to a friend. by following the simple guidelines of good grammar, spelling and content you should be able to write a quality article very quickly.

DEBooks, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google, if I am not mistaken, is nowadays able to catch content created like this and marks it as redundant. This badly affects the PR. (Please correct if I am wrong.)

Content Maestro, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. Raajul Sharma

Raajul Sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I had to rewrite what ever you wrote by replacing it with syn... do you seriously think it would make sense? Besides adding to the already existing redundancy, it will actually mean putting the time spent behind writing down the drain. Be creative. Target burning questions. Increase awareness, but for the 'love of content' do not copy and re-package.

Raajul Sharma, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  8. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if that's true, but it's SUCH a simple thing to do that I suspect you're right. Especially since that's precisely what spinning bots do.

TIEro, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I had a client who was planning to launch a product/affiliate website. He was in a great hurry .... God knows why(??!!) ... and wanted the product descriptions written from me as quickly as possible. I warned him that the work will take time if he wanted unique/original and (at least) good quality content. But he was so desperate that he threatened to take away our project if I did not submit him the descriptions within 3-4 hours! The ONLY way I could see to do this was to copy stuff from other websites, restructure it and use synonyms. I asked the client if doing so was fair by him and he allowed me to proceed with it. Now this client is quite a savvy guy and knows all the risks involved in doing this. The job was done in the allotted time frame. However, the pages from his website were never indexed with the exception of a very few ones. And those which were had a very low PR. I figure that it must be because of redundancy. Eventually, I had to write all the descriptions again:( …. in a proper manner this time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Hey, take it easy!! He was not referring to you and neither did he mean to attack you. It's just the difference between spinning articles and creating unique content that he was pointing out.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  11. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not even trolling. What you're doing can't even be called "rewriting" as you're just replacing certain words with their synonyms.

As others have said, you should do your own research about the topic you wanna write about. Creating an outline could help as well.

Boardwalk, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  12. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    Od
    Of course you are right.
    I think it checks every 3rd or 4th words in sequence and evaluate unique content based on that.

Couple of years back this was great method but nowadays is worthless.

content4cool, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  13. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can any topic/ article be unique, if you're already referring Google or other blogs to copy ideas/ content. Unique is always innovated, not imitated.

So, if you can really think of any unique Idea, you really won't need the help of Google, Wikipedia or other similar topic blogs (provided you're expert in what you're writing for/ on)

khemraj, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  14. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean but taking your statement literally rather than how it was intended - purely to raise another point of interest - I disagree. You should always check what you think is true against reference sources. You'd be surprised how many people state things they think are facts, which turn out to be urban myths or simply unsubstantiated claims on further analysis. Far too many writers just throw "facts" around without any regard for their veracity. :)

TIEro, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Yah, it must be for the same reason that the pages from my client's website were not indexed. Google must have dumped them because of redundant content. (Referring to https://forums.digitalpoint.com/posts/18863625/)
    You are right. And day-after-day, search-engine algorithms for checking spun content are becoming increasingly intelligent. It would not be an exaggeration to say that article spinners will be obsolete in the near future (.... unless someone comes up with a groundbreaking idea;))!

16. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly Copyscape telling you something is 50% unique means nothing. Something either IS unique or it IS NOT. There's no such thing as X% unique.

Secondly, being copyscape unique has NOTHING to do with article quality and simply replacing words and re-writing sentences won't neccessairly give you a good article.

The goal with your content should be to write top notch quality posts for your READERS not just stuff that fools Copyscape and Google.

Thirdly, Google doesn't punish sites that publish content already published elsewhere on the net. Curated or syndicated content are common place. Google themselves estimate that up to 60% of the web is copied content. Big news and entertainment sites that rank high and get lots of Google love do it every day. The duplicate content thing refers to multiple copies of the same content on the same domain.

However I would recommend you don't try to create sites just filled with content people can find elsewhere. Your audience want something fresh and unique from you not stuff that they can find elsewhere.

Stuart Walker, Jan 28, 2014 IP
    khemraj and Content Maestro like this.
  17. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Great input there Stuart Walker.:)
    I believe big news and entertainment sites (and may be some other specific businesses) are licensed to use syndicated content. So Google might be making an exception for these kinds of websites.
    Any idea about Google's policies for content redundancy and how it handles these pages? I suppose pages using spun content always have a low PR. Right?
    (By 'redundancy' here, I mean content with the same meaning, not that which is exactly copied.)

Content Maestro, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  18. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    They already are.

That's not what Copyscape percentages mean: they're really a measure of similarity, rather than "uniqueness". If you get a score of 50%, it's saying something more like "this is similar to a lot of other content". It's a guideline, not a rule... though most people don't understand that (which is really annoying with clients!).

Duplicate content is also between domains (for exact copies), but you've covered the situation with your "however" - if you ONLY publish copied/syndicated content, Google won't rank the site well at all; if you syndicate AND add your own content, then the syndicated stuff doesn't really matter, as it's the overall usefulness that Google's trying to gauge.

You'd have to have an inside view of Google's mechanisms for the redundancy question, I think. Spun content just gets an "utter crap" label stuck on it before it gets thrown in the "downrate" queue. :)

TIEro, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Now that you've been banned there is no longer any need for you to be worried about trolls or anything else. :cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  20. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't really believe in spinning of any type,but if you had to do it you might want to consider sentence and paragraph level spinning. It makes the article read a lot nicer because the sentences maintain their coherence.

Sean DeSilva, Jan 28, 2014 IP