1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirecting a penalized domain to new Domain Name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Alora Ram, Jan 17, 2014.

Hi,

My friend's website has been penalized by Google due to the duplicate content. Now we have removed the contents and updated with original one. But still our website has not listed in Google SERP for any keywords. So I would like to buy a new domain name and move the contents to that domain name. I have to redirect the old one to the new one. Will this affect the new Domain name too? If yes, then what is the solution? How to ride off the penalty? How long will it take to recover? naturalhumanhair dot co dot in is the affected domain name.

Alora Ram, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  2. HostNurse

HostNurse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The penalty will be passed to the new website. Since you removed the duplicated contents, it's better to wait as the penalty could be removed without doing anything, if not then you can submit a reconsideration request.

HostNurse, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    Bedwan likes this.
  3. Pshyco

Pshyco Member

Best Answers:
    What type of duplicate contents you have buddy?

Pshyco, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  4. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Don't redirect the old domain name to the new one otherwise the penalty will be passed onto it.

Solar Oblivion, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  5. alsgroup

alsgroup Member

Best Answers:
    Use Canonical Tags for Duplicate Contents.

alsgroup, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How long did you wait after updating the content?

dcristo, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  7. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Penalties will follow the redirect, basically. It's better to just wait, now that you've removed the duplicate content.
    Don't do it again. However good the content, it's not worth the google penalty.

YJunK, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are two types of penalties - manual and algorithm penalty and learning the difference between the two can save you a lot of time and head-bumping when you have future issues of the sort.

You ALWAYS receive a notification for manual penalties in your Google WebMasters Tool! And for such penalties you either have an expiration date you can await, or submit a reconsideration to Google.

Algorithm penalties, like keyword stuffing, toxic links, duplicate content etc., once fixed, all you have to do is wait for the website to be re-indexed, nothing more, NO reconsideration requests or anything.

Patience is a virtue here, young padawans :D

Rado_ch, Jan 28, 2014 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nailed that one. I would only add that there is no point in forwarding problematic domains to ones with out issues. As Rado points out... do the right thing and stuff will come around soon enough.

I keep having to fix peoples mess this year. It has been taking around 3 weeks depending on how stuffed up the backlink profile is. That works for me. It used to take a lot longer.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 28, 2014 IP