1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2014 - XBOX ONE VS PS4....What Is Your Choice?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sundaybrew, Jan 17, 2014.

Maybe this has been talked about before, XBOX VS PS3

But - Now that the XBOX ONE and the PS4 are both out.

...........Which one do you like or do you have?

I honestly just sold my PS3 and now I am on the XBOX......LOVE THE XBOX!

I think the XBOX ONE platform is going to kick PS4's butt. !

What do you guys think?

- Joseph

sundaybrew, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  2. Gerald Mitchell

Gerald Mitchell Peon

Best Answers:
    ps4 will win, ps4 is always going to own the xbox..if the ps4 was a man ans the x box was a man,the ps4 would be a dragon

Gerald Mitchell, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Xbox for me, purely because I hate the PlayStation controller.

JMDomains, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  4. Jennifer Frost

Jennifer Frost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Xbox is my choice. Every game comes first at xbox and then in any other.

Jennifer Frost, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  5. website1337

website1337 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really can't say that there's to much difference. Always loved Playstation but that's just a personal preference. What I don't like about the new consoles (maybe just for the PS4, not sure) is that they removed streaming of content. The people (like me) using their PS3 and PS3 media server knows what I'm talking about. That was one of the best features for the PS3 and they removed it in PS4!

Well, I'm probably not gonna buy a new console anyways cause custom built gaming pcs enable better performance, but if I was forced to choose one I would take the PS4. Looks like they won the competition in sales, and most of my friends have it.

website1337, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  6. NutraTech

NutraTech Peon

Best Answers:
    That's how I feel. I do own a Vita, which I use while I am on a flight or something, so I might pick up a PS4 eventually once they drop the price.

NutraTech, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  7. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I can say there are huge differences, I have played both at E3 last year and leading up to release. The XBox was not ready for release, MS should have waited and had all of their ducks in a row before releasing. The entertainment portion is bogging the machine down making it tough for games to run, on top of that its not 1080p native so it might as well be a WII U.

The PS4 has had a few issues but all have already been corrected, the machine runs at 1080p native and games like Battlefield shine with the additional detail. While many say there were not enough games released with either system at launch, I would say if you purchased all of the games you are just getting to the point where you are finishing. Thief comes out in a week or so and for PlayStation fans Infamous Second Son is coming in March.

Overall I think the PS4 has advanced the furthest and with the announcements of PlayStation NOW coming this fall and Sony adding streaming TV service similar to Google TV to all Sony device, the PS4 will be able to do almost everything the XB1 does with having to have a cable box hooked up.

Not only that the PS4 is still outselling almost 3 to 1 and they have not launched in Japan yet.

ufshane, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've owned a PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360.

This generation I'm not going to bother with the Xbox One (it's been about 4 years since I turned on my Xbox 360). I did get a PlayStation 4.

digitalpoint, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew and ufshane like this.
  9. ufshane

Best Answers:
    I have a new respect for you sir :cool:

ufshane, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  10. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    How is the network on PS4?

sundaybrew, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  11. ufshane

Best Answers:
    Now that the initial onslaught is done, it has settled out fine. Pretty much no issues since the UK release.

ufshane, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What do you mean by "network"? Like the PlayStation Network?

Not that I really had any complaints about PSN when on a PS3, but I guess it's better than the PS4.

The overall interface/UI on the PS4 is *much* better than I had anticipated... whole thing just feels very polished. Lots of refinements that I wished the PS3 had but didn't... like being able to route game audio to your headset (PS3 only let you do chat audio). There's a handy PlayStation app for iPhone/Android that lets you do things like use it as a keyboard for typing stuff on PS4, lets you manage your PSN network, see notices, etc. Also acts as a 2nd screen for games that support it.

The DualShock 4 controller basically fixed everything that was wrong with the PS3 controllers, took the nice stuff from the Xbox 360 controllers and then added some other nice stuff. I really, really like the PS4 controller.
    • The touch pad is really useful, the share button is nice (I think the system records the last 15 minutes of anything you do so you can just dump the last 15 minutes to a Facebook video if you want... personally I wish it would let you save it locally or to YouTube instead of just Facebook though).
    • Controller is slightly bigger, which is nice.
    • The built-in speaker on the controller actually is more useful than I had thought.
    • I hated the Bluetooth headset setup on PS3, and you can still do that if you want... but I really like just the normal headset jack on the controller. As a bonus, both headphones and mic work if you just plug in normal iPhone headphones.
    I wish GTA5 and Black Ops 2 worked on PS4 (even if it was just an emulation and not enhanced for PS4)... for whatever reason Ghosts just isn't as fun.

sundaybrew likes this.
  13. ufshane

Best Answers:
    I agree about black ops 2 and I expect that to be available with the launch of PS Now later this year... as for the rest, completely agree. I have the privilege of being a PlayStation MVP and we had some pretty cool access at E3. Some of the MVP's were used on the design of the Dualshock 4 and their feedback was completely included.

ufshane, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  14. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Yes, exactly - Thank you for the info and yeah, I was wondering how that was, your post covered it ;)

I had the PS3 and now the XBOX , but not the XBOX one,

So, I am trying to decide if I should get the PS4 or the XBOX ONE :)

15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have a lot of friends/achievements you care about on Xbox Live, I'd say get that... otherwise get a PS4. The PS4 hardware is better as well (which is why some of the same games run 1080p on PS4, but only 720p on Xbox One [like Call of Duty: Ghosts]).

Also - I think it depends on what you want to do. PS4 is better at games. Xbox One is better at being a media center and also if you want to play a lot of stuff with the motion sensors, Xbox's Kinect is better.

sundaybrew likes this.
  16. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Okay cool. I did not know that about the hardware and honestly my son is a die hard PS fan, so he would love for me to go with the PS4. I do not have any achievements that are so great, that I cannot live without them, so that is not an issue;

I am into games, I have seen the media center and its cool, but yeah, going for gaming more then the whole entertainment side of the videos, etc etc.

So, So far, I am really swinging towards the PS4 ;)

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ufshane and sundaybrew like this.
  18. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    sundaybrew, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  19. ufshane

Best Answers:
    If you do have any questions PS4 related, I can give you this info, please ask them here of course so that the public can benefit.

ufshane, Jan 22, 2014 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  20. Ryan krinock

Ryan krinock Peon

Best Answers:
    Xbox one

Ryan krinock, Mar 22, 2014 IP