1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Ezine Article Blacklisted?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Dave, Jan 20, 2014.

I've been looking around different forums and some of the forum people keep on saying that Ezine Article is Blacklisted from the Google. Is it true ?? I've got 60-70 article on Ezine do i need to delete that ?

Solved! View solution.
    John Dave, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  2. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to remove your article, It may be cause of your website current ranking.

smithrick, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles is triggering manual penalties by Google. I just saw another post in the Webmaster Forums that the person showed that Google's links that were unnatural were ezinearticles.com and goarticles!

FranksToys, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  4. reenajoon

reenajoon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes friend, you are saying right and you should remove your all backlinks from ezinearticles as soon as possible.

reenajoon, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does goarticles also triggers un-natural links ???

John Dave, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  6. reenajoon

reenajoon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, goarticle is also un-natural links, that is why I have removed my all links from both ezinearticle and goarticle.

reenajoon, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  7. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input @reenajoon @FranksToys !! As the information about generating un natural links by goarticle and ezine is shared by @franks it stand to be the best answer !! More answers would be welcomed....

John Dave, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    Read more about ezine articles penalization story here: searchengineland.com/ezine-articles-press-release-links-supplied-as-bad-backlink-examples-in-wmt-172968

rozerr, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  9. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are too eager to play chicken little anytime matt cutts makes a talk or someone warps one of his talks into a rumor.

The examples people were discussing were people submitting dozens of articles and press releases a week to sites. Some lower grade sites like ezine would accept them and publish them so now they don't rank.

If you submit 50 articles a month to ezine you probably will have a spammy looking link profile. If you have one or two articles in ezine you will probably just look like most sites that have been around for a while.

But if you want to run around tearing down links because you heard a rumor have fun, I'm sure their will be lots more rumors and talks by matt cutts to keep you busy, then when google is a paid search directory you will have no backlink profile for your websites and be stuck paying google for listings.

Is paying Google for listings "unnatural" ?? Not according to google. strange how that works

averyz, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  10. RJCreationzzz

RJCreationzzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could just avoid posting more articles there and leave your articles up, but change the backlink to a secondary site such as a Hubpage or Wiki which links to your main site. The purpose of ezine articles site for SEO was never to link to a main site.

If this is true, then a lot of internet marketers are in trouble as this site is filled with articles backlinking to money sites.

RJCreationzzz, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  11. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Ezine Articles is still rated PR6, so it can't be that bad, can it? I agree that perhaps some people are putting too many spam links up instead of just linking to an author page or something. That could run things for other people.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  12. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with the volume of links submitted to ezine, to a ton of article network sites maybe. But there are countless reports on Webmaster forums and SEO forums like this one that ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com and similar large article directories are specifically cited in Google's examples in their penalty emails.

Take a look at this post as an example: http://productforums.google.com/for...le$20urls/webmasters/N44KKpr8YAY/CMBYRNBdVT0J

FranksToys, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  13. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to the forum thread, i was unaware of this fact. but question arises what are the other natural wa of developing links.

ebiztrendz.com, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  14. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one post from someone who got a letter from google and is kind of vauge, was it the content in the article ?

I'll be the first to admit ezine go pretty sleazy and did fall from the ranks, they used to be all over the first page of google. Now I never see them come up in searches.
    But I have never heard any formal blacklisted announcement from google and google still gives them a PR6 in their PR ranking (not that I care about PR) but that should be some sign they are not "blacklisted"

Almost all sites that have been around for more then a couple of years and did any kind of link building have ezine links. Most all companies that have hired marketing agency have press release site links. Is that "unnatural" ?

As far as "natural" links go when your site is powerful they came naturally but to build a new site and just let it sit and hope links "naturally" or "organically" come from it ? good luck.

averyz, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  15. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, PageRank has been getting more and more irrelevant for the past few years, individual pages can and are penalized independently of the homepage and the domain.

And yes, Ezinearticles has stopped being a good way of building links since around 2011...

wanderinglex47, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  16. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles were slapped big time after the Google updates. But it's no reason for you to remove all of them because the links have already been established. such a waste if you let them go.

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  17. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really confused how did they manage to blacklist one of the biggest article directories ever... But according to all the messages it should be right. I am glad I found this thread! :)

patco, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  18. peeter black

peeter black Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't confuse every buddy right know Ezine is worthless. and don't publish your high quality content articles. Now its decrease your organic Keywords ranking
    Because according to my experience i have a number 1 position in ranking organic search for last 5 months after publishing 2 article in Ezine when its approve my articles then my keywords ranking will be down.

peeter black, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  19. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Heck, the decline of mass-article and press-release sites importance has been going down for two or three years at least.
    Is there any real need to create "dozens and dozens" of links from ezine, other than your marketing company including it in their "premium package"? PR6 is good, but several links from such a site is completely enough. ezine links doen't bring noticeable traffic anyway.

Karuna17, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  20. sakib hasan11

sakib hasan11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will take my monthly income over a few little sales any day. I added spaces because I do not link to ezine articles in any way, shape or form from any site. It is a useless adsense site and always has been.

sakib hasan11, Jul 17, 2014 IP