1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to smartly use Yahoo Answers for getting loads of traffic?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Technary, Jan 14, 2014.

If we answer a lot of answers including the link in the source they are banning the account. So is there any strategy or technique to use it effectively to get traffic from yahoo answers?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Technary, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Yahoo Answers TOS does not allow advertising or promotion of any kind. So there really is no smart way to do this.

danasurvey, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  3. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can post few links once you enter in Level2. But you cant post affiliate links.

mollie.fr, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Pamela Turns and danasurvey like this.
  4. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The simplest and smartest/lowest risk way to use YA for traffic is to buy a Fiverr-type gig that takes care of answering with your link for you. Then the issue of your account or IP is no longer in the picture.

melprise, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  5. betting analyst

betting analyst Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking for a smart way for Yahoo answers too but i am afraid there is none.. they ban accounts when you post links in the "source" .

betting analyst, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah and rightly so, Yahoo answers is a place to get answers for your questions (The clue is in the name), It's not a place for spammers to drop links to their crap sites.

malky66, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right . We should not make every place as business -spot.

mollie.fr, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't think violating the TOS of a site is ever a good way to get traffic.

danasurvey, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  9. submission_webkul

submission_webkul Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers is a very good tool to get good suggestions/advice. Yahoo TOS are very strict. They will ban you if they caught you doing promotion. In my opinion one should not use YA to get traffic. Use YA to get the real answers for the real problem. It's very effective.

submission_webkul, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  10. melprise

Best Answers:
    Since the timid folk seem to be overrunning this discussion with the usual "don't ever jay walk" fretting, I'll just repeat a comment I made on a related thread:

Yahoo Answers remains very popular, and thus regardless of other considerations, it will continue be used as a source of targeted traffic, especially for those seeking an alternative or complement to SEO or ranking position traffic methods. So long as Yahoo Answers still permits live links (and it does) a smart use of the site will continue to pay off for marketers. The fact that answers with links can be posted by Fiverr or other gig sites basically takes the risk away, as you don't have to use your own YA account for this form of traffic generation.

melprise, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  11. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, first we should know that Yahoo answers does not allow any type of advertising or promotion so whatever we do on it we have to do it smartly that it doesn't look like a promotion but seems to be a helpful post everyone else. These are some of the tips that I have learned from my personal experience from yahoo answers and hope these will help you too.
    1. Follow the 80-20 rule. That is , if you are doing 80% helpful posts (without any links) and doing only 20% self promotional (that you will know only) you can consider yourself playing safe over there.
    2. Try to be more relevant as much as you can. If your product or service seems 100% relevant to the question asked then don't hesitate in providing the link in your answers rather than source.
    3. Login to Yahoo answers daily and try to gain as much as best answers as you can. By increasing your best answers %age and your
    level you build a reputation on yahoo answers which reduces the risk of banning your account by yahoo answers team. For e.g a level 1 or 2 profile can't do any harm to the top contributors there.
    4. Golden tip :- Make one more profile and ask answer that is most relevant to your niche that you think that people can do search about it on Google. Put your keywords in the question and then answer the question from another profile by providing the link in your answers. In most cases your question will show up in SERPs whenever such query occurs on Google and you will get good traffic from there.
    Good luck :)

Joe Badger, Jan 21, 2014 IP
    doktu and Technary like this.
  12. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    There must be some ay for sure! :)

I am not talking about affiliate links. I am talking about linking your website to relevant questions. Even I do so then also there are chances of account getting suspended.

ok if the gig does the answering for us, then its cool. What if I have a particular amount of time and I myself can invest it in doing so. So how can I anser the questions smartly with links and not getting banned??

yes it happened with me too. but still i am searching for the smart way. I hope that we can figure it out! :)

very true, it is a place to get genuine answers undoubtedly.

hahaha! rightly said! but then what other options we have?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Technary, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is, and you really need to learn how to multi-quote when you post on the forum instead of making loads of seperate posts

malky66, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Technary like this.
  14. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    thats true, thats whay we are finding a way out for getting traffic, as we are going to invest our valuable time in answering, there should be some returns!

ok I agree it partially. But then what should we do to get traffic, because YA is by far the best source to get traffic. now what should we do?

Ok! How does the Fiver gig or other gigs operate to do this task? what do they do to not get banned and do the client`s work of promoting the links?

Hi @Joe Badger i did implemented 50-50 rule and it did not worked out. Will have to give a shot over the 80-20 rule. I have to think about this a lot. The 100% relevance to the question is rightly said by you, and I also agree it!

yes indeed it was a nice tip. Difficult to execute, lets start working on it! :)

yo! how to do that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Technary, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's quite easy, just click the reply button for the post you are replying to, when you've replied to the first post don't click the submit button but click the reply button on the next post, reply to that one and so on.

malky66, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  16. melprise

Best Answers:
    For those asking about using gig sites or other freelancers, the reason why it's safe for you to get your links listed in YA through them is, they're using THEIR YA account and IP to answer the question. It's their account that is at risk, not yours, so the issue of your account being in jeopardy is eliminated.

melprise, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  17. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks @malky66 But i have noticed another thing. Even if I reply by creating individual posts, still they get arranged and get published in a single post. see the ones in the above.
    Ok i understand that. But I am willing to take that risk, then any method to do that?

Technary, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  18. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is because a moderator has edited them all into a single post, can't believe they haven't given you any warnings for it to be honest, it just looks like you are trying to artificially boost your post count.

malky66, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  19. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    ok, in the last post I did made the replies in the single post as you suggested. I don`t believe that any moderator might have done that. This is done automatically always. I have tried it in various threads. I do not do it for increasing the post count for sure

Technary, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  20. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's not done automatically, Click the "history" link and you will see that @digitalpoint merged all the seperate posts into 1 single post
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/posts/18862960/history

malky66, Jan 27, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.