1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For how much I can sell this template please help..!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Nerevarq, Dec 25, 2013.

Hi everyone,
    So I've made my first PSD based template (it's not that good) and I wanna know where I can sell it and for how much if possible.
    Here's the template

[​IMG]

It's only 1 psd file with nearly 140 layers, well organized though,
    And please I need some critics if possible to improve the template.
    Thanks alot regards.

Nerevarq, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  2. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Work Nerevarq... It depends totally that hw much you are willing to sell this template for... Personally if I would have to buy it I will find it a fair deal at $15 or less...

For design inspirations you can take help from themeforest and template monster templates...

hassan001, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  3. Nerevarq

Nerevarq Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you hassan for the reply

Nerevarq, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since the author thinks its "not that good" you won't get that much!

NetStar, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  5. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    Nerevarq You done very nice job here. I like your design and appricaited your work . I give you one suggestion You can change the social media icons background from gray to light blue and also change the text color of social media icons. You can sell this design for $20.

John Michael, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  6. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the Buy, Sell and Trade section here to sell your template. Personally I like it.

meetdilip, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  7. aryciul

aryciul Active Member

Best Answers:
    20$? Is way to mutch , try and get a look the PSD files on themeforest...,the quality is way over and and the price range is 5 to 12$ ...!

I dont want to discourage Nerevarq , but the typography is not so good it requires more work because the font pairs don't match (you can try this for start: pairing fonts. The contact form an the social icons are a disaster, try adding some Embossed or Engraved Styles ....

Take a look at this sample, maybe it will he you a little!

[​IMG]

aryciul, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  8. Nerevarq

Nerevarq Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you guys for your replies :), Thank you aryciul for the critic all you said is true but this is just my first and last template I did it after 2 weeks of learning photoshop in my free time, just wanted to try design for once, I'm a programmer and not a designer :)
    cheers

Nerevarq, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking your "designs" reek of the typical PSD jockey bull! It is filled with things that have NO business on a website -- like massive bandwidth wasting backgrounds, perfect height and multiple perfect-width elements, giant space-wasting slider/banner type crap, and a host of other things that are very unlikely to be compatible with elastic, semi-fluid or responsive design -- and a properly coded site should have all three.

Odd thing is, you say you're a programmer -- how are your HTML and CSS skills, and how's your accessibility knowledge? You really might want to work on those more before you start dicking around in Photoshop as to be frank, you've got a lot of things in there that as pretty as they are, piss all over a websites usefulness, functionality and viability.

But again that's why I advocate starting CONTENT FIRST, or at the very least a reasonable facsimile of the content, which you then mark up semantically -- saying what things ARE with ZERO concern for appearance. Then you use CSS to bend that markup to your will creating your elastic semi-fluid responsive layoutS (yes, PLURAL) adding semantically neutral containers (DIV, SPAN) when/if needed -- then and only then do you have ANY business opening up the goofy paint program to make the graphics you plan to hang on the layout -- and with CSS3 on the table there is less and less need for that... After that if desired one can enhance the page further with Javascript, keeping in mind the unwritten rule of good scripting: If you can't deliver your content in a useful page without scripting, you have no business adding scripting to it. -- it's called progressive enhancement, and is the only reliable way to make an accessible site that gracefully degrades.

Drawing goofy pictures and then trying to shoe-horn content into it is a back-assward "cart before the horse" mentality, no matter how many sleazeball scam artists and nube predators have made it SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) in the industry. No matter how pretty the result, if it has accessibility issues and can't easily be made cross-device capabilities ready, what good is it?

Remember, people don't visit websites for the goofy graphics or goofier script-tard animooted bull people crap all over websites with, they visit for the CONTENT. I'm not saying you can't make a pretty page, but if the things that make it pretty piss all over the ability to make it useful and actually gets in the way of users getting to the content, then it's a complete and miserable /FAIL/ at both design and development.

This isn't 2004 where the only question that mattered was "What does it look like in IE at 800x600". (admittedly, 2004 wasn't that either no matter how many lazy sleazy ignorant halfwits acted that way!) In the age of responsive layout dicking around drawing goofy pictures is the antithesis of sane and rational design, and seems to exist for the sole purpose of letting artists scam people who don't know any better... quite often said artists don't know any better themselves, as they don't know enough about HTML, CSS, accessibility guidelines or device capabilities to be designing but two things.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    deathshadow, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. LayerNode

LayerNode Member

Best Answers:
    worth about 10$

LayerNode, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  11. Nerevarq

Nerevarq Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you Deathshadow, that was very helpful

Nerevarq, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  12. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bitter much?

ceebee, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think you'll find he's one of the most knowledgeable members here and speaks the truth, it's just most of the pointless wasters here don't have the brains to see it.

malky66, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. slime

slime Peon

Best Answers:
    This whole 'template' can be summarized with: doesn't match. None of the elements go with one another...just this freakishly ugly thing that has the legs and arms of different animals. Oh yeah, that thing should have nowhere near 140 layers. You're doing something significantly wrong if that's the case.

slime, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  15. Nerevarq

Nerevarq Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sold for 26$, I still don't know how

Nerevarq, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  16. SitePortal

SitePortal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can sell it about $ 10 below, try to search on PSD templates on Themeforest and check their prices.

SitePortal, Feb 15, 2014 IP