1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimizing Blogger Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ash1ey82, Jan 18, 2014.

Hey I recently made a website and I would like to know how to bes toptimize a blogger website. Also is wordpress better for SEO

ash1ey82, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I much prefer wordpress for a range of reasons.

This should get you started with the on site matters though.
    https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/2472665?hl=en

If you have not done too much yet I would start with Wordpress. You will find literally everything to be considerably easier to deal with and extendable as well.

Hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  3. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, switching won't be too difficult for me. I can switch within couple hours. My main concern is SEO.

4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would strongly suggest WP them.

Use this http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ it will address most of your concerns in one shot. But, with wordpress the sky is the limit. You can make it do literally anything in a matter of seconds feature wise.

Also, under tools> import you can simply fetch what you have going on in blogger and import it into wordpress which should save a bunch of time as well.
    Nigel

5. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly did not know about that import button thanks a lot man. Is it easy to import like automatic? And what hosting would you recommend. My friend said namecheap is good

6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends what you need. Lately I have been referring my host because anytime I have to talk to them I get the same guy via phone or ticket and they are so friendly its alarming. Servers are servers unless they are over sold so its largely academic really. For what its worth I pay around 70 a month for a ripping fast VPS.(which you don't need yet) the same thing on hostgator is 170.

I don't suggest anyone huge or that was recently bought out by EIG or someone like that.

Hostgator
    Godaddy etc. are simply too big for their own pants these days.

I got stuck with a VPS with these folks because a client went missing, forever it seems lol

http://www.iwfhosting.net/shared/

Additionally, yes the blogger import is basically automatic. You just have to click a few things. If you have a problem we can help you real fast though. Its a piece of cake if you don't have to worry about a bunch of old urls.

Nigel

7. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I am going to go with namecheap shared hosting.

ash1ey82, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Should be fine. I was largely trying to comment on support reliability etc. I am not a fan of huge companies.

I was not trying to sell you anything :) NC should be entirely sufficient.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  9. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    actually blogger is googles property , so they refer some visitor to site automatically to the site. So you can prefer blogspot and also its really best platform for free. you can edit source code also as HTML. but in wordpress you will not able to use all feature for free.

Thanks

Amarkolom, Jan 20, 2014 IP