1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When you need money desperately and urgently, how to make it using the internet?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Content Maestro, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have read a lot of information about this and tried a number of techniques, but had no luck or success with anything.
    There have been many situations in my life when I needed money desperately and urgently, but for some reasons could not acquire it from any source
    Can someone, who REALLY knows how to make money in the shortest time possible using the internet and has SUCCESSFULLY done it, give some advice or suggestions?
    I know that one cannot make a great amount of money overnight by these methods, but in a situation of desperation and urgency, even a small amount is very helpful to take a step ahead.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  2. WingedHosting

WingedHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres honestly no "secret". Money doesn't grow on trees, and frankly someone is paying you in the end. You need to have a skill set. I would shoot for some type of freelance work. Then again you do need some sort of a reputation. But if you build up a rep early, when that situation comes, work within a few hours of looking shouldn't be too difficult.

WingedHosting, Jan 13, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing Wingedhosting. I accept that money cannot come to you fast, there is no secret for it. And freelance work is a great solution to get some work within a short time and eventually get paid fast. (Its easy for people with a rep, but newbies would find it hard!)
    What do you think about participating in online surveys that send money straight to your Paypal? The minimum cash-out limit is also very low. I am aware that a huge risk is implied here as there are a very few legitimate sites that really pay you. And how about selling some articles if you are good at content writing? This is something that most people would be able to do quickly.

Content Maestro, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  4. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Based on your requirements it sounds like freelancing is the answer. Here is an outstanding guide on how to use video marketing to get freelancing jobs. The author $24,000 in his first month as a freelancer.

http://under30ceo.com/hacking-elance-the-step-by-step-guide-to-how-i-made-23700-in-4-weeks/

Sean DeSilva, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sean DeSilva for the info.

Content Maestro, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  6. WingedHosting

WingedHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    And yeah selling articles works, a form of freelance :) The survey sites pay really little per survey (like a cent or two), so it's not exactly "quick" either. Most of the higher paying surveys require subscriptions etc.

WingedHosting, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  7. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have some basic talents I would probably try fiverr.com

al

agmccall, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know how you feel. I was in the same position ten years ago. Well, lot worser situation to be honest. I needed money as much as you need now, I didn't have any skills and in 2003, there was almost no resources I could take advantage of and learn something. Now, you have resources, free guides and many more on every corner. Open your eyes and turn around. I'm sure you'll see something.

I consulted over 200 clients in my career and most of them were in the same position as you and me. I believe that solution to every problem lies in your head. If you are willing to work, feel optimistic, ready to search, I know you could score some money in this world.

However, it's not easy. At least not if you are on the start.

If you need any help, advice or anything, just drop me a PM here on DP. I'm always in the mood to help others.

VukasinI, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can make money faster and better by mowing lawns / washing cars, as not everyone will be able to instantly make money online.

In short, you need to find paid work. You can earn from writing, and writing articles. But do you have experience? Do you have any examples of your work? So it will be difficult for you to find someone, and as it is your first job, well, the buyer might not like your work. It might take you a few tries to get there. Also what will be your rate? You cant charge alot (due to lack of experience) and if you charge low, it wont be worth your time.
    I am actually surprised that soo many people here suggested writing simply as the high priced buyers are paying for quality, not to teach you. Low priced buyers are often described by writers as A-holes, and many times we see here of people crying over working and not being paid. Really, telling you to go into article writing is like telling you to go swimming with the sharks.

There is work such as forum posting - normally these take a bit of work. Might get $20 per 100 posts on a forum, and you have the worlds stingiest boss, reading each one, for quality.... to be honest, it might not be worth your time. Sure you can earn from it, but most times there are "jobs" available, I see that in most cases there is alot of crap that goes on, and for such low pay, you gotta be sure it is worth your time.
    Google "Postloop" if you are interested in paid forum posting work. Some people earn alot, but it will take you time before you are earning anything.

I made $2k on ebay once... was about 1 month. What you can do is take photos of things that are on sale in the shops, list it on ebay at a good price, when you get paid, go to the shops and ship it (always ship with insurance). The way I made my $2k -$3k though was from buying a bulk group of laptops from a business for $1k, and I spent my time reloading all the OS, drivers and so on. It took alot of time to set each one up, test them and so on.

One other thing to remember when working online, is that it is easy to get scammed. Just because someone hires you, and pays you does not mean you get to keep the money. Chargebacks happen, and when they do, you OWE paypal $35 chargeback fee + original amount. I am not trying to scare you, but you never accept payment from one email address, and chat to the person on another email address. Doing so is suicide (as people use friends paypal to say they were hacked and get back their money). Look, I dont want to scare you off the net, but if you ask anyone here, they are all earning "bucketloads", but when you really dig deep, you find alot of people lose money, or the amount they earn barely covers their power costs to run their pc's.

There are lots of ways to earn online. But end of the day, you are competing with millions of people for a tiny slice of the pie. So it is important to realise that when you are working online, you might earn just 10cents per hour, or even $1 per hour. You have risks of scams and timewasters, so it might be worth your time looking for part time work in real life, while you slowly learn and start to make money online. Do not just jump in expecting to make money straight away.

matt_62, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I could use someone to do all of that and to shovel snow too. If you're willing to provide a reference for the OP he's hired. I'd give you the job but you're making so much now, you'd probably want too much.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The problem is you want to make money fast. It's not how IM works. At all.

qwikad.com, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    rofl. I'd be there in a jiffy! (if I wasnt in another country).

matt_62, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.:)
    VukasinI and matt_62, your posts are very helpful.

Content Maestro, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  14. Saul12

Saul12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest completing on-line surveys for fast money. Also consider selling goods on ebay.

Saul12, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  15. FastCode

FastCode Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you capable to do?

Do you have any specific knowledge or talent?

FastCode, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  16. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Yes Fastcode, I have been content writing on a freelance basis for the last 3 years. Apart from it, I am good at tasks that require a basic knowledge and skill in operating a computer and surfing the internet. E.g. Data mining, data analysis, data-entry, proofreading, image/video/sound processing and editing, website testing (i.e. checking for dead links and outdated info etc, NOT the coding or technical part), creating (Powerpoint) presentations etc.
    Do you have anything to suggest based on these?

Content Maestro, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  17. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, you're better off looking locally. If you're that desperate at any given time, pawn something.

Online, the best way to earn quickly is on instant pay systems: low-pay content mills (iWriter, etc.), low-pay tasking sites (microworkers, etc.) and short gigs on the bidding sites.

The best tip I could give you would be to hit up your existing contacts and see if they need anything done. An article, site maintenance, updating something, creating a logo or image for a promo, voiceover, simple video, anything you can do. You'd be surprised how many of them will throw you a $5-$10 bone if you ask - though obviously you shouldn't mention being desperate unless you know them really well!

TIEro, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  18. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Those are really nice and effectual solutions. Do you know more sites like the ones you suggested which pay really fast (say in 24 or 48 hours)? I know in most cases the pay will be too low, but as I have mentioned:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  19. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Off the top of my head, iWriter lookalikes exist (places like blogmutt.com and another one I can't think of, something like iwantarticles or similar). If it's writing you're looking for, there are lists of places categorised by type over here: http://www.halfhog.com/forums - look in "The Master Lists". They're a bit outdated right now, but there's plenty to look at.

For tasking sites, Microworkers, Minifreelance, Mturk (Amazon's tasking site), Minuteworkers, Desklancer and so on. I don't know how many are reliable, other than Microworkers and Mturk.

There are only three big bidding sites now: Freelancer.com (bought vworker), Elance/oDesk (now a partnership) and Guru. They're all reliable. My preference is Elance for quality.

The gigging sites (Fiverr and the like) are a tougher nut to crack and rarely work in the short term unless you have something totally original and awesome to offer (and market the hell out of it).

Hope it helps. :)

TIEro, Jan 15, 2014 IP
    cronik, gyahoo and Content Maestro like this.
  20. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Great TIEro!!! I will checkout everything you have mentioned. Thanks a lot.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.