1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Locally Setup Wordpress on Windows

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Aviator Wayer, Jan 12, 2014.

Need to setup Wordpress Locally on Windows PC and edit the Themes using Dreamweaver. I know that this needs WAMP Server installation and other things.

I need tutorials for setting up Wordpress properly and can be used with Dreamweaver, please suggest if you know. Thanks

Aviator Wayer, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could try AMPPS http://www.ampps.com for managing installations locally (although I recommend learning about setting up Apache, PHP, MySQL and manually installing scripts). As for editing in DW, no idea. I do it by hand. To be honest, you should too if you are wanting to make themes. Learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript first and then move on to PHP. WordPress uses it for its template files and it's much easier to make a good theme when you understand what is going on. DW won't help with that, just hinder.

I am sure @deathshadow can put it in better words.

ryan_uk, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  3. OwnCoder

OwnCoder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You cant open a wordpress site on Dreamweaver. You need to use wamp or xampp.

OwnCoder, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer XAMPP... just put what you want to test into /xampp/htdocs, use the copy of phpmyadmin it comes with to set up the database, and done.

NOT that I'd EVER use that fat bloated steaming pile of halfwit idiotic MANURE known as dreamweaver, particularly for a CMS like turdpress... NOT that I'd EVER use that insecure bug-ridden steaming pile of manure known as Wordpress with it's halfwith idiotic theming system and shoving broken bloated code down your throat that just screams "Inheritance, what's that?!?"

Dreamweaver and turdpress.... yeah.

deathshadow, Jan 12, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. Alto Pluma

Alto Pluma Member

Best Answers:
    You can use a standalone portable WordPress development environment. It turns any Windows machine into a WordPress development server. It will even run from a USB key.

http://www.instantwp.com/

Alto Pluma, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  6. website1337

website1337 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use wamp. http://www.wampserver.com/en/ Then download wordpress from their official site and install it on wamp. As others said, I wouldn't recommend dreamweaver either. I started of with it, then I started learning all web languages from the ground and directly wanted to switch away from the slow dreamweaver. I recommend you to study the basic of all the web languages (Html, Css, Javascript and Php) and then exploring on your own. That's the best way I know of learning the web.

website1337, Jan 12, 2014 IP