1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is YOAST the best wordpress SEO plugin?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Technary, Jan 6, 2014.

1. dodlly

dodlly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here you are

dodlly, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    stormfr and Technary like this.
  2. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the video! :)

Technary, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  3. Saddam Hossain

Saddam Hossain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can not say yet whether it is effective or not. But gives me a nice idea about the post in terms of on-page SEO.

Saddam Hossain, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  4. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    ok. cool!

Technary, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  5. Istenais

Istenais Active Member

Best Answers:
    All in one SEO + Keyword Winner = Traffic = $$$

Istenais, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  6. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    By far and large the go-to plugin for wp seo. Not to mention the first plugin I upload when starting a new site. The only major issue I've had with this plugin, it shows a 404 on your g webmasters from time to time. Which isn't too great if you don't detect it right away and your another 5 posts deep. On a side note, if you ever run into this issue, update your permalinks for a "quick fix". Otherwise google the issue for the more permanent patch. If it hasn't already been made.

sweetpea69, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  7. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Ok! it seems that it worked for you! :) Can you tell me more about keyword winner?

Technary, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  8. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    I heard this plugin for the first time! How was your experience using it??

Technary, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  9. Istenais

Istenais Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just google keyword winner wordpress plugin

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Istenais, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  10. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used Yoast and All in One SEO, I still prefer All In One, but both are great plugins. Use whichever you are more comfortable with and works best for you, just make sure you optimize your settings...defaults are not always the best

MikeLugar, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  11. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just recently came across a bad problem with my Hosting Service (Hostgator.com) because my CPU Usage shot through the roof! so all of my websites were down until I figured out what was causing the problems.

After a major headache and 24 hours in trying to fix everything.....

Found the problem to be the Plugins I was using. One of them was my SEO Plugins.

I was highly recommended to only use 4 to 5 plugins for my sites and I also found what plugins can give you a lot of problems with your Hosting - in this case would be with Hostgator.com Hosting Services.

With a lot of traffic and with a lot of plugins installed - all of my sites crushed down. But it was not the traffic that was causing this but it was the too many plugins I was using.

At the beginning of blogging online I was using about 60+ plugins. My sites got very slow and crashed a lot as the traffic went up.

Learned from a lot of mistakes and learned a lot of WordPress Sites Speed and stuff. I finally got the right knowledge to speed up and build a site that can take a lot of traffic without crashing. The number of Plugins I was using went down to about 32 plugins installed.

Yesterday my sites crashed and finally were restricted by Hostgator for using too much CPU Data!

I guess I'm still learning about WordPress and how it needs to be setup for specific types of Hosting Services. So I did my research and talked to the Hostgator.com Customer Service for hours and learned many new things.

If you did not know....

Hostgator.com highly recommends WordPress Sites to only have an average of 4 to 5 plugins MAX installed. And they also have a small list of recommended plugins that help with these types of problems. Some plugins can really hurt your site and your Hosting so it is really important to learn this.

If you are not getting a lot of traffic to your blog right now - you might not come across a problem like this YET. But as your traffic grows - you will need to make sure your site is very well-optimized for the massive amount of people that is going to be loading data on your site.

Now, I know most WP guys use more than 4 to 5 plugins for their blog - and that is because they probably want to focus a lot more on how the site looks and the features of it but to be real honest here..... having the best looking site online is NOT the key to its success.

I have seen real ugly sites online, getting more traffic than my own blogs and making more money than me.

I wondered why but now I know the real answer!

I am sharing this here (in this thread) because I also just learned that most SEO Plugins really hurt your site more than you think.

Here is whats not recommended if you are using Hostgator.com for hosting...

The following plugins are not recommended as they are known to be severely resource intensive and could cause downtime, longer page load times or larger process counts.
    • Google Sitemap
    • StatPress and other WordPress statistics software plugins
    • Unique_articles
    • WP Post Views
    • WPRobot3 and other auto-poster plugins
    • Most SEO plugins
    • Some image galleries and media players are intensive, but this largely depends on how you use them.
    • All related posts plugins such as WordPress Related Posts or YARPP
    • All Backup plugins
    I'm not sure if this could also be relevant for other Hosting Services but if you are having these types of problems and you are using more than 30+ plugins then you might want to look into advice from your hosting service.

The only SEO Plugin the highly recommend and claim to be the simplest and not too heavy is....

Greg's High Performance SEO

I have set up all of my sites the right way now and all of them use this SEO Plugin now.

Now I'm down to about 15 plugins and no more. I still got to do my best to lower the number of plugins even more but that will be with time.

My sites are working even better than before this happened. So I guess everything happens for a reason. My sites are faster and do not use too much CPU Data from my Hosting Service. Now I can get back at focusing on the traffic to my sites.

I haven't seen anyone here sharing something like this here but maybe is because not too many people are getting a HUGE amount of traffic to their sites yet - where things get complicated if things are not set up the right way.

I just wanted to share this with you guys to help out!

:cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  12. mikeid22

mikeid22 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    YOAST gets my vote! I used to use allinone SEO - then I switched to YOAST. It's been a while since i've used Allinoneseo though, so it may be better now.

I love YOAST though, some great features from Twitter cards and OG custom data to G+ author/publisher link control and LOTS more.

mikeid22, Jan 14, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  13. cyqnusnite

cyqnusnite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's not too much of a difference between Yoast and all in one, does choosing between the two make much of a difference?

cyqnusnite, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  14. sharperme33

sharperme33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "ALL IN ONE SEO" IS THE BEST PLUGIN FOR WP SITE

sharperme33, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  15. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    I will! :) thanks for the name!

ok thanks! :)

Hi @Snoopy240 it is so kind of you to reply with such dedication and explaining the solution of the problem occurred to you. Thanks for the insights. May I know more about the Greg`s high performance SEO?
    Can you list out all the 15 plugins which you use right now??

What is twitter cards? How do you use it effectively?

it might be the case! thats why I am asking the experts! :)

thanks for the opinion! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Technary, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have not drilled down a few particulars here but in a similar thread I pointed out that I stand corrected. I went back to Yoast and resolved a range of issues. I straight up said I was wrong here.

I don't do that often lol..

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  17. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey @Technary !

The is one of the simplest SEO Plugins out there. It is very simple to set up and it does not have too many options so you dont need to worry too much about search engine optimization for your blog. You can install this plugin, set it up, and then just start creating content to rank in the search engines.

Here is the list of Plugins I use now:
    1. Ad Codes Widget
    2. Akismet
    3. Dagon Design Sitemap Generator
    4. Greg's High Performance SEO
    5. Easy Tynt
    6. Hide Trackbacks
    7. Jetpack by WordPress.com
    8. OnePress Social Locker
    9. Pretty Link Lite
    10. Q2W3 Fixed Widget
    11. SEO Smart Links
    12. Sticky Header
    13. W3 Total Cache
    14. WP-Optimize
    15. WP Widget Cache
    Hope this helps!

:cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  18. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter cards are a way to increase the visibility of your blog posts when you Tweet. Essentially the tweet will include a picture and summary when the link to your blog post is tweeted. Here's a link to the Twitter Cards website. https://dev.twitter.com/cards While WordPress SEO by Yoast is the most used SEO plugin (and I personally think the best), there all in one SEO is an option, but there are a number of other plugins that can complement the Yoast plugin and your WordPress SEO efforts. Check out this list of WordPress SEO plugins. http://www.northcutt.com/blog/2013/01/the-top-seo-wordpress-plugins-you-cant-live-without/ Hope this gives you some ideas.

SlimCharles47, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  19. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone wanna explain to me what YOAST is? I am moving to wordpress soon and wanna know what it is and how it helps my SEO.

ash1ey82, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  20. irfanmau

irfanmau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I prefer all in one because simple, clean and easy to use.. yoast is complicated for me :)

irfanmau, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  21. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can say it better like me as I have been using it for 2 years.

But sometimes, especially when caching plugin is activated SITEMAP of YOAST plugin shows only blank page. Still this is a great issue and headache for me.

atsad, Jan 21, 2014 IP