1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Live score PHP scraper?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by dreamsite, Jan 11, 2014.

Hi there,

How would one go about scraping live scores from websites such as http://www.livescore.in/ - http://www.livescore.com/ and post them to their own site? Also, how much would it cost me if I were to ask someone to develop this for me?

Thanks,
    Dreamsite.

dreamsite, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    One would ask the owners of said sites for access, or at least permission first. If that's not obtained, one would refrain from stealing content. That being said, one would look into file_get_content or cURL

PoPSiCLe, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is quite literally the only thing in 10 years of doing stuff that I have not been able to flesh out without someone paying for the service.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  4. dreamsite

dreamsite Member

Best Answers:
    All right, I have already tried contacting them a while ago, but they don't respond to my e-mails. How much would it cost me for someone to develop me this script with file_get_content or cURL?
    Thanks for your reply by the way :)

dreamsite, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There's quite a bit of ajaxy goodness on that site, so exactly how much work it would involve to get the content you want is hard to say - a little bit of digging, at least, will be necessary. I've no idea what it would cost to get this done - it all depends on who you hire, where they're from etc. As I can only speak for my own country, getting this done, say it takes 5 hours to do - it would cost the equivalent of about 400-500 USD to get done locally. Albeit it will probably be a lot cheaper to hire some Indian developer through Freelancer or something similar. :)

PoPSiCLe, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  6. website1337

website1337 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can try to fix this for you for free. Send me a PM with more details and I will try to help you.

//David

website1337, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should take that as a hint that they don't allow it and then move on? There are commercial option (and free) options such as ESPN, XML Soccer, Live Score Board, etc. Would you want someone to scrape your site? And if you do scrape you then need to deal with being blocked or changes to the site you are scraping or getting a conscience. The simpler option would be to use a free service or pay for one.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    ryan_uk, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  8. website1337

website1337 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk know what he's talking about. It's a much better idea to use the already available options to do what your'e trying to do. Also, if your website grows it would be highly traffic costly to rip a lot of content as a part from other sites.

website1337, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  9. LivioLVO

LivioLVO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, Take a look on our item, it might be what you searching for : https://zumset.com/product/product/world_cup_livescore_script.html . The script is auto update and does not require a database !

[​IMG]

LivioLVO, Jun 15, 2014 IP