1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get noticed on the net?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by WillmingtonW, Jan 10, 2014.

So.. I am personally very new to working online and I want to build up an online presence. To do that I know I need to work hard and I have no problems with that, as we all know that's what it takes to be successful in all walks of life. I would much prefer to work smarter than harder though and this is where my question comes in. What are peoples’ methods for generating that initial traffic and getting the people within your niches to even know you’re there?

I know about producing quality content, using social media outlets and onsite SEO but these things all take time. There is advertising and marketing avenues that I am completely naive about and I just wondered what advertising techniques people found successful without spending a complete fortune?! I have heard things about people advertising themselves on Craig’s List, is that type of thing successful?

Thanks guys

WillmingtonW, Jan 10, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. Sarah Paris

Sarah Paris Peon

Best Answers:
    Think about it. You want to get noticed on the net. What do you do?

You spend money. You buy advertising and banner ads. You join an affiliate network. You've gotta spend money to make money.

Sarah Paris, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  3. WillmingtonW

WillmingtonW Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true, paid advertising is definitely a viable method. When working on a budget though I feel as though I might be missing other avenues to promote myself that I haven't considered and that other people have found useful, and also what hasn't been useful.

4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi WillmingtonW,
    I have posted some stuff here related to your queries: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/need-some-advice-about-my-issue-please.2701210/#post-18846139 or post no. 6 in the thread https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/need-some-advice-about-my-issue-please.2701210/
    Hope that helps you. :)

Content Maestro, Jan 10, 2014 IP
    WillmingtonW likes this.
  5. WillmingtonW

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Content Maestro, I know about most of the factors but collecting backlinks is something I really need to look in to along with the business directories. I didn't know that helps the bots.

6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are most welcome. :)
    Well, bots are always searching authentic business directories and popular websites for new content. So, if you backlink your website on them, there are greater chances of it being indexed in search engines.
    Google 'how to backlink your website' and you will find a lot of useful stuff. Checkout the list of related searches as well.

Content Maestro, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  7. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to spend money. If you have a gift and time to work hard, you can produce lot of money without investing anything. But this only works if you are really an expert in your niche.

Think on this way. You are in the fitness niche for example. And you know few secrets that others in your niche don't know. Like, for example, ''How you can get abs in only 15 days with special exercises''. If that is your secret for example. You put a tutorial on the YouTube of those exercises and people start seeing it. And then by word of mouth, your video gets viral. Can you even imagine how much traffic you'll get?

You just need to think different. Be unique!

VukasinI, Jan 10, 2014 IP
    WillmingtonW likes this.
  8. WillmingtonW

Best Answers:
    Thanks Vukasinl I hear what you're saying. I'm currently going to try something slightly different as I'm concentrating on a few different niches that define my personality and others like me! If it doesn't work I will take your advice and have a separate site for each niche that I am confident in.

VukasinI likes this.
  9. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is great to hear. I wish you the best with your idea.

If you need any help regarding Marketing, SEO or design, I have huge experience and I'm ready to help always, so just drop a PM! :)

VukasinI, Jan 10, 2014 IP
    WillmingtonW likes this.
  10. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Craigslist gets a boat load of traffic and yeah their ads to get indexed in google. Good for creating some backlinks. With free traffic it takes time to build. Won't happen overnight thats for sure but with consistancy the snowball gets bigger. Your looking at weeks or even months to begin to see some results.

Paid traffic on the other hand your talking a couple of hours you can be getting super targeted visitors. With paid traffic understand there is a testing phase that needs to take place and the idea is to optimize both your traffic and landing page to get you the best numbers and bottom line, sales. Facebook ads, google, bing are working well

With organic and long term look at forum posting, blog commenting, article writing

Article writing works very well because the more quality articles you submit to directories like EzineArticles the more other people will distribute your content and with that comes more about your and a link back to your website. You can outsource all of this. Any part of online marketing if your budget allows can be outsourced. You'll do it!

Ethan

EPol83, Jan 10, 2014 IP
    WillmingtonW likes this.
  11. WillmingtonW

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the really informative post Ethan. I'll be sure to look into the cragslist avenue now and I'll be sure to take your comments on board about the benefits of article writing. If only money wasn't an option...seems like the paid route is kind of cheating anyways lol. Best of luck with your ventures man.

12. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Digital Acoust,

I had a look at your site and I loved the guitar music content. I play a (very) little classical guitar, but my guitar is better than me. haha.
    Your whole site has an energetic, happy vibe. Well done.

I think twitter could work well for you. If you create an account with a name that identifies you, such as, say, guitarmusicfan, or gamerlovesgames or whatever else you can think of that is appropriate, you can build a following who will eat up your site and tweet their friends about it and you.

Just a thought for no cost, targeted traffic.

dailybread2011, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  13. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    You could participate in free Giveaways - You produce a product - Enter it into the giveaway - and when people come to get the gift they must optin into you site. here is a list of the active ones
    http://www.discount-ebook-s.com/giveaways.html

DEBooks, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  14. Aviator Wayer

Aviator Wayer Banned

Best Answers:
    Create Social Media profiles pointing to the Blog(create and write articles first), Setup Twitter followers and tweet regularly, SEO your blog by creating backlinks from high PR websites, Post Pictures of Babes... Give freebies like Free WebHosting etc and you become Viral.

Aviator Wayer, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  15. WillmingtonW

Best Answers:
    Hi dailybread, thanks very much for taking a look. It's a bit unorganized at the moment and there is a bit of all sorts on there I know!

Yep, I have a Twitter account to promote myself online and I need to concentrate on Tweeting regularly. All the best with your guitaring in the future. You've chosen a great instrument ;)

WillmingtonW, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  16. WillmingtonW

Best Answers:
    @DEBooks yeah comps are something I have considered and it's a great Idea, I have taken a look at your link. Thank you

@aviator Waynr Thanks, you've pretty much covered everything there and building those reliable backlinks is what I've realized I now need to concentrate on.

I appreciate everyone's helpful posts and I've learn't were I need to be focusing my time. Thanks to you all for the motivational comments too. :)

WillmingtonW, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  17. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Craigslist itself has brought in a few clients of mine and is a great place to get some local FREE exposure as well.

Besides organic search traffic from Google (SEO), I also find that Facebook is a great place to turn up the traffic as well.

I just ran a campaign the other day in the Fitness niche and finished with 497 clicks on a $5.00 budget. I'm literally getting penny clicks on the dollar. The luck of the draw for me is that I didn't have to test and test and test. I ran that campaign and got those results immediately, now I'm just looking for ways that I can tweak it out and get better results...

Otherwise, Twitter, Pinterest, Myspace (music niche), Social Bookmarking sites, Youtube and the likes thereof.

Holla!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    GuruCreation, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  18. Titus Warwick

Titus Warwick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Join a membership site and educate yourself. Sounds simple but this is really the best advice. There isnt a push-button light switch that will rank and rake.

Good luck!

Titus Warwick, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  19. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    GO VIRAL!

I still think YouTube is the fastest way.

Ethan Alvin, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  20. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook groups are FREE and you find many groups that are related to your niche. Same case for yahoo groups (it's easy marketing that works!)

tbtoyl, Jan 14, 2014 IP