1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is fiverr in trouble?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by adsenseplr, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's very true. A lot of those services are outsourced to cheaper vendors.

Ethan Alvin, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  2. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    There ain't much you can't get done there. The mind boggles!

MarketerRon, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  3. MarketerRon

MarketerRon Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know that.

MarketerRon, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  4. amb1235

amb1235 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if any one want to share your post on pinterest above 5000 followers then contact me here fiver.com/amb1235

amb1235, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  5. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had multiple accounts at one time and running all my gigs to one paypal account and all of a sudden they would not allow that. I had to set up individual paypal account to get paid. Not sure.... Fiverr has a boat load of traffic and is very easy to get seen if your consistant.

EPol83, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was surprised myself. I only know that it works for those Social Media sites. There are other vendors that are willing to provide similar services for less than $5.

It's all about Arbitrage!

Ethan Alvin, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  7. website1337

website1337 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried fiverr for a month once. Well, after that month I had spent hundreds of hours working for buyers. I ended up making 20$. That's nearly as much as the children who work in clothing fabrics. :)

website1337, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think if you're looking to make money off Fiverr, it's best to outsource your work. It's not worth your time for $5. Unless you're just using Fiverr as a marketing channel to draw people to purchase your services outside of Fiverr by adding your personal contact in the delivered product.

Ethan Alvin, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  9. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clear things up I am earning on average around $1,200 per month from those 4 dollar gigs. I spent the time early and created products just the one time. Then I resell and resell. How long does it take you to upload a file? Key is you want to overdeliver to your customer. I look at it as a screening process to find clients I'm willing to invest my time with. Those who purchase a five dollar gig are 80% more likely to buy into your main product later on down the road. Its working time and time again for me. Like I said, one of the easiest ways to make money online. Great place to get your feet wet a little.

EPol83, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  10. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think such website can't have troubles right now and even if there is something goes wrong they will make everything possible to recover it .

actnews, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  11. website1337

Best Answers:
    Yeah actnews is right, they have nearly the whole market and make a lot of profit without doing so much work. Is this a rumor thread?

website1337, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  12. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't care about Fiverr problems.
    The best thing to do in order to protect your business (and your profits too) is diversification. Use a mix of solutions to get more security, you will be safe

tbtoyl, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  13. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fiver is like those cheap trinket stores, people buy a few things then figure out they are pretty worthless and move on.

averyz, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  14. Titus Warwick

Titus Warwick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If fiverr is having problems what do I call mine?

:)

Titus Warwick, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  15. Labutado

Labutado Peon

Best Answers:
    actually they are hiring people so I think its just the opposite.. i still use them but I avoid some sellers for some specific countries (sorry!)

Labutado, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  16. website1337

Best Answers:
    Hahah from which countries? PM me

website1337, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  17. ServicesForIM

ServicesForIM Peon

Best Answers:
    Fiverr is still very popular. I agree with the above post that Seoclerks is coming on very strong. I much prefer Seoclerks.

ServicesForIM, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  18. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the responses, of note when I looked at the sellers forum on fiverr, I notice a few people (Sellers) are leaving fiverr and posting about it - not me creating a myth! (GORF take note :) Just look around on the sellers forum on fiverr. I will now look at seoclerks as it sounds like they maybe on the up

adsenseplr, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  19. tacitinc

tacitinc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed man - just as I was saying to Ethan... the evidence is speaking for itself louder than ever - simply stroll over to their forums & check out their alexa.com reviews (random I know, but if people are upset enough to take the time it takes to post an alexa review, you know its gotta be getting bad :p

Se La Vi Fiverr - RIP 2013 - Viva La Clerks!!! :cool:

Exactly! It was one of the most original business models i have ever seen at first, but honestly - it is not a coincidence that you would have been hard pressed to hear ANYONE
    talking poorly about fiverr - because EVERYONE still had the opportunity to make $$ based on a logical search/gig ranking system, where as the more authority you get - the more you get noticed... The week they accept the corporate buyout, the payment system was hacked & tons of user info was lost (cannot confirm this due to the silence on behalf of fiverr, however the source I heard that from, works inside of Fiverr, so not spreading rumors) - After that whole fiasco was resolved and the 2 weeks of payments which had backed up were all sent out, you see the mass exodus start... So looking at it rationally, it makes sense that when you accept the corporate handout (which Fiverr DID NOT HAVE TO DO) they then adopted the corporate restructure on one hell of an epic scale. Literally overnight, the same customer service rep you had gotten to know over the past 2 years & who would respond to your support tickets in no less than 24 hours - suddenly cannot even be bothered to actually type you a response to your question, rather simply copying and pasting some standardized message & creating even more frustration. From my experience with Brand Development, this move is what sealed their fate & why I am more than comfortable expressing my views about them, because regardless of how much argument my posts might stir up (for better or worse), the information contained within is relevant and check-able & comes from many years of honest experience selling gigs since Fiverr first opened their doors. When it comes to Gig sites & sales, most of us our dino's by now, and this new wave of sellers (or should i just say scrapers & resellers) that you see sprawled all over the front page of fiverr on their 4 hour old account which is outranking you after getting 100 sales a week, now your down to 2, lol) Anyone who takes this relatively serious in the sense of a strong way to earn extra $$, only has to spend a week or so on the fiverr 2.0 and they come running to SEOClerks

tacitinc, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  20. mariarao

mariarao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEOClerks.com has the potential to beat fiverr one day, they have high quality of gigs, great support, multiple withdrawal methods (with very less or 0% charges), social bumps, and dozens of unique features. They also came up with their new marketplace i.e. ListingDock.com, excellent place to showcase your crafted items.

mariarao, Mar 7, 2014 IP