1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking DP Forum Threads on the front page of Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Snoopy240, Jan 6, 2014.

Hey DP Community!

I just saw something very cool when searching for various types of information online.

I've noticed many of the DP Forum Threads on the number one spot of Google Search Results for a lot of exact long tail keywords.

I find this very valuable as you can you really get a lot of traffic to your Forum Thread by simply providing value using a long tail keyword in the title and the body. Most of the time, that will be enough to jump up to the number one spot for a low competition long tail keyword. And that is because of the Aged Domain, PageRank and Authority of this Website (forums.digitalpoint.com)

One example would be this keyword; "how to start a successful money making blog"

If you search for this long tail keyword - with the "quotes" on Google.com - you might see a DP Forum Thread in the number one spot. That exact keyword might not get too much traffic but believe it, there are people that actually search for this every month.

So a good strategy would be to add the traffic up. Ranking up for keywords like this can pay off after a while.

Anyways...

Has anyone tried to rank Forum Threads in the Search Engines before? ...or is anyone currently doing it? ..

I just wanted to share this with you guys and ask you for your feedback on the topic and just leave any comments you have......

:cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They don't hang around forever but that has been happening for years. It typically only takes a few minutes as well FYI(literally).

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the information...

I guess if someone took the time to do some off page optimization to that Forum Thread URL - it could stick for a while....

... thanks! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really informative... I was not aware of it... it can be a good technique to drive traffic to a site.
    Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

spyindiaankur, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  5. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I experienced the same so many times. Even general chat threads are also have good ranking.

unna, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  6. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    It's because when nobody is specifically targeting a search, like the long tail you described, Google will just pick sites with existing authority that have something to do with that search keyword. It's partly why Wikipedia and YouTube rank so easily for almost anything. Black Hats exploit this fact and it's often called 'authority abuse'.

baldonius, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well I dont think its really authority "abuse".... doing this for a website (rank a page to the top of Google) is actually helping that website gain more exposure online, more authority in the search engines, more organic free traffic and I mean the "authority" site will just benefit all over from this by an user or users.

So I would actually call this more like Authority USE. Where you use the authority of a site to get more traffic to certain valuable content. It will be black hat SEO the moment you implement black hat methods to rank that "authority website" page to the number one spot in a Google Search.

There is nothing "black hat" to leveraging the power/authority of other sites. The key is, in making sure you are ranking up very valuable content in the search engines and that the content solves a specific problem, the authority site owners can only be happy for this help for their site's authority, right! - in this case, you will both benefit from the free traffic. You might also want to boost up the rankings a little bit by sharing your thread in Social Networks and constantly promoting it too. You can also link back from your sites - as long as you do not implement black hat seo techniques, you should be good to go.

Just my 2cents today... :cool:

Thanks for your feedback guys!! :)

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Webcenter likes this.