1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a gaming website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Technary, Jan 4, 2014.

Hi I have a gaming website. Which are the best gaming forums or blogs? So that I will get backlinks and traffic to my website. Thanks in advance for reading! :)

Technary, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  2. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have one good way to advert gaming websites..just play that games, and on public chat post your links.
    When people start coming, you need to give them what they need, you need to make them interested about your site.

I hope I helped you, that's just one of my ways you can try!

Best regards,

- Dennis

BusinessSpy, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  3. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dennis. I have already tried public chats. But posting links on public chats is considered as spam. So I am thinking about a unique an interesting way. Do you know any good gaming forums where we get signature links?? and where people engagement is very high.

Technary, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Send me PM with more information, tell me which country you prefer and things like that.
    I'll be glad to help you ;)

BusinessSpy, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  5. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    I need global audience on my gaming website. I know that once a gamer comes to my website he/she will be engaged for a long tim undoubtedly. But the fact is that getting gamers on the website is a challenge. 5000 visitors/ day is very less.

Technary, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just type in Google stuff like: ''Best forums for gaming'' or ''Best gaming forums'', do a research, make a list of best forums that support links and signatures and enjoy discussions.

If you are a gamer, I don't doubt that this will be really fun for you. You can start discussions and then support your claims with a link to your website. It is a pretty good way to get some backlinks and solid traffic if forum is popular. Just be aware that putting lot of links may lead to a ban hammer from admins.

Another way I know it is really popular would be Facebook fan pages and Facebook groups. People can ask questions, you can help them, there is no limitations when comes to linking to yourself, you can do giveaways to attract more people. If your statement is true: ''I know that once a gamer comes to my website he/she will be engaged for a long time undoubtedly'', then Facebook ads will definitely be right solution for you (if you have money of course).

As you have tons of articles here on DP and on the Internet, I don't need to talk you about SEO. I believe that researching about SEO would bring you much more than my post here.

You can use Yahoo answers to gain more traffic also. I guess that there are lot of people who are asking questions over there. Even if the Yahoo answers aren't so popular anymore.

Gaming world is huge. Just do a research on Google. I bet you can find dozens way to market your website.

While I typed this, I remembered the best way. Youtube! Just make some tutorials, guides or something that gamers like, use Camtasia studio or Sony Vegas, record the video and put it on the youtube. If you market it good, you can get ton of traffic.

VukasinI, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  7. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Hi VukaSini,
    I appreciate your suggestions and time given to me. I know it is going to be a challenge for me to find the best gaming forum which gives signature links. Don`t worry I will not put a lot of links. I will be particular.
    I already have taken an initiative on facebook, more than 1000 members are there on the group and more than 2000 people have liked the page. I will increase the engagement of the fans on that page too.
    Sure! I will get to know a lot of things from DP`s SEO forum. I tried yahoo answers, but now they are very strict if we put the same website`s link in many answers. they immediately ban the account.
    Yup. I have to yet leverage traffic from youtube. I will do the best in giving people some good tutorials and game`s tricks on youtube. Thanks a lot for the value additions! :)
    - Technary

Technary, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad I helped. :)

Wish you the best with the gaming site!

VukasinI, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  9. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot @VukasinI :)

Technary, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  10. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you let us know in public it will help others too.

karthimx, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  11. nicoo

nicoo Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can make a gameplay video and post it online. If the game isn't popular yet you can try making the video about gameplay from a popular game and then either link to your site or do a gameplay demo on the second half of the video.

nicoo, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Technary and VukasinI like this.
  12. Johnnygood

Johnnygood Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can as well try paid traffic. Like payperview to promote your website. It's really great alternative to show up your site and people mostly get those ads served by other software that is about games so you have perfect audience ;)

Thanks,
    Johnny

Johnnygood, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Technary and VukasinI like this.
  13. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    I agree @karthimx I am ready to talk and reveal all the things to help the cause. The cause is to market a gaming website. I am looking for a cost-effective way. We are startups and we are out of cash or use cash effectively or rather avoid using cash. My audience is Global mainly from USA.

This is a very nice suggestion. I am glad you helped me and gave me a new way of marketing through showing some gameplays. This may be a bit off topic question. But @nicoo can you suggest me any gameplay video capturing software? That will help me to start working on it right away. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Hi @Johnny ,
    This is a good idea. And I know it will be effective too. But I want to study about the targeted advertising before investing into it. If you have any articles that will help me to do so is most welcome! Also if you know any particular websites which provide PPC and are very cheap and effective to the advertisers.
    Thanks,
    @Technary

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Technary, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  14. Craig Gibson

Craig Gibson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that to market a gaming website, one has to do many things at the same time, social networking, blogging, article writing, and basic SEO work. I also think it is crucial to keep a record of your activities and your analytics so that you know what is working for you.

Craig Gibson, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  15. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice! I am doing all these things! :)

Technary, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  16. Dani__

Dani__ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, I ve got one Gaming blog that gets a lot of traffic from the forum over at Gamespot. You could try that.

Dani__, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  17. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sorry I am late to getting to this since Gaming is what I do... if you are releasing blog content, take advantage of N4G.com Post your articles there and you will pick up some extremely targeted referral traffic to your site.

ufshane, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  18. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Member

Best Answers:
    • I like the suggestions about posting on related forums, do that. I feel this may be your best way right now for organic leads. Go to (http://www.thebiggestboards.com/) to research about boards and you will find some of the biggest website in the world are related to gaming.
    • If you have a small budget to work with for advertising, go into Fiverr, sometimes people that owns FB pages with large fanbase are willing to post about you for a small fee. Do make sure their fans are real though. Check out this search query I did for you (http://fiverr.com/gigs/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_in=everywhere&query=gaming+facebook&x=0&y=0&jls_se99912_1_auto=1&jls_se99912_2_auto=1)
    • FB ads are a great way if you have budget, because alot of FB users are into games. Make sure the targeting is properly set.
    • Continue with article writing (especially on game reviews), and build your own social media pages.
    Hope that helps.

Lightsaber, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.
  19. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dami! You are the one who actually named a gaming forum. Thanks.
    May I know what all you did in that forum to get good traffic to your gaming blog?

No problem @ufshane you gave a valuable contribution. I will surely try it out. Any tricks and tips for getting successful traffic from N4G.

Hi @Lightsaber I was not aware about the first option. I tried all the remaining three. looking for any free marketing method.

A quick addition to my query.
    I need some methods which when used will get a lot of traffic on my gaming website for Free

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Technary, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  20. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So the trick to N4G is to write compelling articles, do honest reviews and if possible break some news. The better your content, the more traffic you get, and of course all of the traffic from N4G is FREE

ufshane, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Technary likes this.