1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not use Adversal - Be Careful

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by piper999, Jan 4, 2014.

Honestly know what you're getting into with Adversal.
    I only have a few banner & rectangle ads on my website and I made sure to disable every option that would interfere with the user experience. As you can see,

School Days Episode 15.jpg
    Note that I'm only using banners and rectangle display ads. No popunders or anything.
    I thought all was good, despite the low CPM rates.

But I was completely unaware of one thing.
    Just found out from my visitors that it redirects every SINGLE page on a mobile phone via linkbucks. EVERY LINK, EVERY POST. This is outrageous and highly unprofessional. Not to mention the eCPM I was getting was $0.06 at best.

School Days Episode 16.jpg

So basically, this is fraud. Don't use them unless you wanna bombard your visitors with stupid redirects on mobile phones for chump change. I even had a couple instances when I saw a popup upon page load on my desktop - when I have completely disabled all that! It was only twice but still! It shouldn't even happen once!

I'm sorry. I'm done here.

If anyone knows any CLEAN advertising agencies that don't use shady tactics, please let me know.

piper999, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  2. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this information.
    I was reading something about it like you wrote, that's not first time I saw something like it.

BusinessSpy, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  3. LWS

LWS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agreed... and want to add that most of this kind of advertising companies will give nothing for earnings because they all show ads that basicaly nobody wants to see...

LWS, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have used it for 3 days and thanks God am out. Very very low payments!!! Take care.

Zoti Media Group, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  5. neeraj1997

neeraj1997 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I haven't used them personally but i read quite a lot good reviews about them here on DP.

The revenue is really very low for 40k impressions. Worst thing they could do is redirection.

neeraj1997, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  6. Adversal.com

Adversal.com Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Adversal does not permit ads like this on its network, period. The proper way to handle a situation like this is to report it to support first, which you did not do, so that we can resolve it. Contact us at the email address listed in your account so that we can gather the relevant information, locate the malicious creative, and remove it.

-Kyle

Adversal.com, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  7. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have contacted you before some months and your answer was "let the system better know your traffic" that's mean let the system f... you lol. Stop to rip webmasters.

Zoti Media Group, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  8. Adversal.com

Best Answers:
    Not sure what that means in this context, but nobody from this company would ever give you advice like that when dealing with an unwanted ad. OP, contact support.

-Kyle

9. piper999

piper999 Member

Best Answers:
    I sent you guys an email before creating this thread. But you havent replied yet, which is fine considering it's the weekend.
    And if this was a genuine mistake off you guys, then my bad. I might be jumping to conclusions here. We'll see how it goes.

I'll keep you guys posted.

piper999, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  10. TStarnes

TStarnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be fair, I have the same situation and have reported it dozens of times. Every time I am told it is being looked into, but it never changes. It isn't an advertiser issue, because he is right on mobile these things happen 100% of the time.

TStarnes, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  11. Adversal.com

Best Answers:
    Actually, advertisers are the only thing it could be. Some unscrupulous advertisers will maliciously hide remote redirect code in their banners. But if this is the case, we just need a few relevant details so that we can find the responsible party and remove them. We have several safeguards in place to prevent this type of behavior, and in many cases, offenders are removed before they can get started.

-Kyle

12. TStarnes

TStarnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    But seriously, 100% of the time. No matter the ad?

TStarnes, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  13. Adversal.com

Best Answers:
    Then the issue is likely elsewhere, which is the case in many of the reports we receive of this nature. To locate the source, take all of the remote code that you have on your website and paste each piece on it's own blank page. Then load up each page separately to see which one replicates the issue. The top culprits are usually: an infected website template, hit counters, ad networks, and other dynamic content that is remotely generated.

-Kyle

Adversal.com, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  14. TStarnes

TStarnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its fine really. I just don't serve adversal ads to my mobile users.

But I have done all that testing, I am positive the problem is your banner. I remove your banner, the issue goes away and happens not at all, I add your banner back the issue returns immediately. Test it on it's own blank page, same thing. Your banner it happens, different content no problem.

Now I just wish your rates would stabilize. They have been all over the place for the last week.

TStarnes, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  15. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing is going to be stable around and after new years. Usually after the holidays rates across the industry drop and by late january they begin to pick up as companies start posting their first quarter budgets and start going live on new campaigns.

wrekoniz3, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  16. TStarnes

TStarnes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, I know. Just lamenting...

TStarnes, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  17. Adversal.com

Best Answers:
    If you've pasted our ad code on a blank page by itself and have witnessed this behavior, then email us the details so that we can take care of it. As previously noted, we don't allow for these types of ads on our network.

-Kyle

Adversal.com, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  18. user299

user299 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mine too very bad experience with adversal

user299, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  19. hyutars

hyutars Member

Best Answers:
    I removed their 728x90, too low ecpm rate and too much redirects (on mobile).

hyutars, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  20. debapriya deb

debapriya deb Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the contrary to most of the opinions posted here, I have had very good experience with Adversal in general, and Kyle in specific. I had a couple of issues with them initially, - contacted their support (via e-mail) and got prompt and satisfactory response.

I am with Adversal for well over a year now and frankly, never even thought of removing their ad tags. I have no issues with redirects (desktop/mobile/tab users), receive beter eCPM rates compared to any other CPM network and most importantly, I get paid dot on time - like a clock. That's the reason, I always recommend fellow webmasters to try them out - whenever someone asks me for an opinion. Two CPM networks I highly respect are Adversal and Fidelity Media. Period.

Just my 2 cents.

debapriya deb, Jan 7, 2014 IP