1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Basic SEO Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by M0NEY, Jan 3, 2014.

Hi,

I'm thinking of creating a website for various hot and upcoming technology. They all have good monthly searches, and the competition isn't too bad. I'm unsure whether to make separate sites for each piece of technology or make them all part of the one site. Which would be best for SEO?

Thanks

M0NEY, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  2. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    All are good for SEO. Whatever you will create you can do SEO for it. So do not worry about it just think what you want.

alek, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. M0NEY

M0NEY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, so I guess there's no difference in earning potential and SEO in creating 1 site for each product vs the one large site?

M0NEY, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  4. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally I think you should make one large site so people get varieties there and stay in your site for long time. Al thought it is quite difficult to manage large site but it will be good for you.

alek, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  5. david tsilosani

david tsilosani Active Member

Best Answers:
    one authority site is better!
    are exact domains free?
    can you show me one of keywoard?

david tsilosani, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  6. M0NEY

M0NEY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your replies.

I'll be building one large site then around the products. Unfortunately, I can't giveaway any of my keywords right now.

M0NEY, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. georgechristodoulou

georgechristodoulou Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the idea for one site. It is more important to work towards the goal of creating a large authority site. Social media is growing in popularity and google ranking is becoming a bit more unstable so it may be beneficial to focus on spreading your efforts in both SEO and social media to have something to fall back on. In addition, consider collecting email addresses so that you can create a more permanent following. Collecting emails allows you to keep a long list of loyal website visitors. This is not easy because from the beginning you have to produce a high quality newsletter or you will lose contact with all of your subscribers.

My recommendation is as follows:
    1. Create one site for all phrases you want to target.
    2. Create social media belonging to the site including Twitter, Google+, and facebook. Twitter is a better medium for your purpose because it is less personal and visitors are more interested in reading info.
    3. When you have established a decent level of traffic start collecting emails. Even if all you want to do is earn adsense income you can always use the list to bring in extra traffic on a weekly or monthly basis even if your competitors come in and swipe the top spots in search.

georgechristodoulou, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. Long Nguyen

Long Nguyen Banned

Best Answers:
    I hope you will be successful with your website.

Long Nguyen, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  9. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think that you should stick to one website and just concentrate in one. You will get better result.

pia D'Alia, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  10. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    One site is always better plus you wouldn't want to worry about keeping up with multiple sites and its a lot more expensive.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  11. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    A few years ago I started in an adult blogging niche and created several niche blogs on sub-domains. This worked for a while, until writing work increased to the point where I only had the time to focus on a couple of the niche blogs. When I finally combined all the content under the one primary domain I saw a significant increase in traffic and sales.

I would say that as long as everything is related (and it seems to be all under the heading of tech) you should create one singular site, with one brand and logo. There are several reasons for this...
    1. You have a recognized singular brand to develop
    2. You have more of an ability to create a following
    3. With several sites you will be diluting the impact of your content
    4. You will need to work hard on promoting each, rather than promoting one
    5. You'll have more content for regular updates on one site, rather than spreading them out over several
    6. Work smarter, not harder

So, I would say that one site is best.

Conran, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  12. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could not agree more with this here!

Right on! ...

I have also have more results creating one blog site that talks about a General Niche like Sports or Technology for example.

The General Niche is Sports of course and the derivation from this General Niches are any and all of the Sports. You can then separate each sport in different Categories. The same with the General Technology Niche.

The only reason why you might want to build different niche sites would be if you are intending to sell very specific products on the niche site. One example would be; you build a niche blog on the new iPhone 5 and all you talk about is things about the iPhone 5 - then you would most likely have Amazon.com Affiliate Banners and Links to iPhone 5s for Sale.

This is definitely an answer that depends a lot on what are your end intentions with what you want to do and build. And what your end goal is too.

Either way - no matter what you choose to do - you can always benefit from SEO in a huge way, if you know how to do everything right. It all will come down to how smart you work and how bad you want to get the results you want.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Cheers!!

I wish you the best success everr with your site and on your journey online!!

;)

Snoopy240, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    Conran likes this.
  13. rahulamaze

rahulamaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    You make different sites or one for all, doesn't matter - the matter is how you manage and promote your site. As right now the only thing you have to concentrate is the site content. The more quality content you put on your site the more popularity or reputation you can get.

I am running a technology blog and after the recent PR update my site got PR 1 - and it has 23 DA :) well, that's a good deal for me.

And if you focus little more on content your site we'll get really good response.

Thanks,
    Rahul

rahulamaze, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    VukasinI and Snoopy240 like this.
  14. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would consider creating a blog for each technology especially if you have good targeted keywords. Google seems to love niche sites.

lightlysalted, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  15. rahulamaze

rahulamaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    @lightlysalted : I completely agreed with you, but you know having multiple sites will increase the work for promotion and other stuff. You have to do same SEO or On-Page work for all the sites separately it increases too much of work or man hours.

But instead of making multiple sites, if create single site with separate pages for each topic that would be great, it will reduce the time, You can promote any of page and your main site will promote in a good way.

I am not saying that this is the best idea, but, this is my suggestions. So, hope you like it.

Thanks,
    Rahul

rahulamaze, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  16. joescent

joescent Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer of whether or not to have ONE or multiple sites or blogs is quite simple.
    If you have enough time, money and technical capacity to create and maintain "Quality" sites or blogs with exclusive and attention-grabbing content then of course you should do it. Otherwise, best thing is to work on one site with great contents.
    & You need to be very vigilant if you are creating a TECH site.

joescent, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  17. rahulamaze

rahulamaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    rahulamaze, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  18. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea !. Yes there is no need to create separate piece of pages for each technology, create one authority website with proper on-page optimization.

karen9999, Jan 5, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  19. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    I totally agreed with Rahul - instead of making multiple sites, creating one main sites with having pages for all the topics are much better and easy.

Thanks.

OM.SEOExpert, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    rahulamaze likes this.
  20. rahulamaze

rahulamaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    OM.SEOExpert: Thanks for agreeing with me, Like your thoughts. :)

rahulamaze, Jan 6, 2014 IP