1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting an Online College

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jreuter5665, Dec 29, 2013.

I'm starting a affordable online college but i need creative people that want to partner up with me. Like all ideas it takes time. Please comment or message me if your interested in being apart of this.

jreuter5665, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  2. MrOnlineMoney

MrOnlineMoney Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just curious as to how you are going to make an online college profitable. The majority of the successful ones are from established universities or colleges. How are you going to provide certified degrees that people will actually be able to get use out of. I have a feeling to do this successful you would need a lot of financial backing.

MrOnlineMoney, Dec 29, 2013 IP
  3. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Online college. How does it work exactly? Students sign up and take courses online then take exams like the traditional colleges?

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some dreams are just dumb.... You aren't going to start an online college and if you do it won't be credited or be able to compete with legitimate educational institutes.

NetStar, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  5. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    So, you are just naysaying? Amazon was not going to be big competing with the existing book store chains?

I am not saying that this will work but I respect everybody's vision.

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon didn't have to become an accredited college..............

I'm a realist not a dreamer. I would never lead someone to believe that their vision is worthless unless it is.

He is 22 years old. At highest he holds a Bachelors Degree (I'm assuming he went to College). He is in no position to be offering degrees to anyone. But let's assume he is a genius like everyone else is on DP... In order for him to offer a legitimate degree he must be an accredited school. Accreditation is an extremely tedious process that even schools with a HUGE financial backbone can't even achieve. So becoming an accredited school IS out! He can however offer certification that HE makes up. But how is a future employer going to trust a Certificate (which is a successful evaluation of an individual) if the own school can't be evaluated and accredited????? It would just become a scam and a liability for a nice lawsuit.

What the original poster is ACTUALLY looking to do is to offer Online Tutorials and Courses for an enrollment fee. Which makes more sense but the market is saturated with such courses.

NetStar, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and averyz like this.
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, this sounds like a failure already.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A large percentage of money that online colleges make is from pell grants and government loans that only get provided to people going to accredited schools.

When you sell a degree that you just make up how much is that worth ? People buy degrees to put on resumes and any decent job will ask "What is this degree ?" ahhhh... It's like this guy on the internet..? and...?
    Your only hope would be if you were the top of your game and had a name people could use. if that were the case you probably would not be on here asking for tips.

averyz, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would be better off lying about a real college and crossing your fingers.

NetStar, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  10. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    Instead of setting up your own college why don't you check to see if the local collages have a referral system "affiliate" that will pay you to send people their way

DEBooks, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A couple of months ago the company my wife works for was hiring they got about 150 resumes, interviewed about 10 people. One girl had a great resume, aced the interview, everyone loved her and she was basically hired.
    The boss just wanted to check her references, so her called her college and they had no one by that name in that graduating class. So she didn't get hired. but so close, lol

averyz, Jan 4, 2014 IP
    NetStar likes this.