1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get traffic on links ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zsuchwani, Jan 2, 2014.

Hello All,

I am using many Social Bookmarking sites to get traffic on my links, but Unfortunately I haven't got any traffic yet. Guide me how to get traffic?

zsuchwani, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a HUGE question. It depends on your target site, your strategy, your budget, what time you have, what kind of traffic you want, SEO, SEM, social media and just about everything else you can name that has anything to do with the Internet.

The first place I always point people to is here: Traffic generation

But it really comes down to figuring out what traffic you want, what time/resources you have available and how best to combine the two to generate a strategy.

Tip: don't buy followers, hits, traffic, page views, etc. Go for the long-term benefits.

TIEro, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  3. Preetu chaudhary

Preetu chaudhary Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is most important topic for any blog or website because every body want to get huge traffic to the website or blog.
    Traffic generation doesn't depend on only one thing, it depends on several thing like
    Proper Search Engine Optimization
    SEM
    Join Social Media
    Submit on Social Bookmarking Websites.
    There are many more things also available like We can generate traffic from Pinterest and with Others Blog Too
    Best Tip: Think about long term benefits, don't consider short term benefits.

Preetu chaudhary, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  4. Rahulkapoor1

Rahulkapoor1 Member

Best Answers:
    Promote link to your own niche and this will happen only when you have an heightened objectives.There are several possible ways that your link gets more visibility,a well planned strategy with the excellent execution helps you in getting the confined results.

Rahulkapoor1, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  5. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    On your links? Well, spam the sh*t out of it. You can easily do that on Facebook :D

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Says the person with whitehat in their username lol.

dcristo, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  7. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, the irony. I didn't really pay much attention to my username when I registered with the forum.

Chad Eztraffic, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  8. zsuchwani

zsuchwani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Tiero,

Thanks for your answer, I understand your tips and point. But I am talking about general traffic, like I am using many sites to promote what I have , so also there are many members on that sites who promote what they have.

As I am on learning stage, I have no idea about budgeting, I just want to learn how to get involved through these sites and become expert.

Thanks.

zsuchwani, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  9. zsuchwani

zsuchwani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Preetu,

Thanks for your answer, Please highlight me more as I am on learning stage.

Thanks.

zsuchwani, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  10. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    To get direct and targeted traffic to your site the best thing you can do is figure out where your target audience is online and how you can get those people from there to your site.

So look for popular blogs, forums, social media hubs, Reddit groups, Youtube channels, websites and so on and get active on them.

• You can comment, guest post and syndicate your content to blogs.
    • Post on forums with active signatures.
    • Post your content out to busy FB groups, pin to major Pinterest groups, share in popular G+ circles or tweet it to influential people in the niche and try and get them to share it.
    • Share to sub-reddits in the niche.
    • Ask influential YT video groups to post your videos.
    • Solo ads (promo emails) to big email lists (From blogs, product launches, forum etc).
    Get networking with people in your niche big and small and give them a reason to promote you by offering them incredible value, playing to their ego (ego-bait posts, i.e. mentioning them in a post), sharing their stuff, linking to them, sending them a guest info-graphic they can use on their site and so on.

Do it properly and traffic will flow!

Stuart Walker, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be a super active user and get to know the users in the community do they click on your links, especially with stumbleupon and pinterest.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  12. Mark Norman

Mark Norman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have good pages on social networks too, but traffic does not come to the site. It looks like the best way is to get traffic from affiliates

Mark Norman, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  13. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Are you engaging with your social media users? Not just plugging links at them constantly but asking them questions, showing them other relevant content aside from your own, giving tem funny and cool things to look at and get involved with etc.

Once you engage them and get them responding you can easily drive traffic to your site.

Stuart Walker, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  14. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Your website traffic can come anywhere. Refer, direct, through Search Engine, through Social Media, through advertisements.

Ideally, if your website has been helpful in anyway, people you were able to help can give you credit by spreading your links to other possible people it can help, thus the term refer.
    This is what Search Engines have in mind in their algorithm - Page Rank.

However, this is not always the case. After all, you have to plant in order to have something to reap. By this, you can do marketing. Include your website link in your email signature, make sure you indicate it in your Personal and Business Social Accounts, and any possible media for that matter. People who are curious can visit your website allowing you to have direct traffic.

Through Search Engine, either through Organic (SEO), or Paid (Pay per click advertising).

Through Social Media, which is ideal but needs your investment in time and effort.

But what you must remember, is to first invest in a good website, and good contents, so that traffic that are attracted won't be wasted by bouncing.

15. BizMarketing1

BizMarketing1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are two steps to removing a bad link. The first step is the painful one. You need to contact the site that links to you and ask them to remove the link. That is the best solution. Many times that does not work, especially if you created a bunch of low quality links using tools.

When you cannot get links removed, then you need to login to your Google Webmaster tools and upload a list of links you want disavowed. The links are not removed, they are just discounted. Actual removal of the links helps give you a cleaner record with Google than using the disavow method, so always start with requesting removal, even when it is tough.

BizMarketing1, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  16. wennykev

wennykev Member

Best Answers:
    you can buy traffic from SEOclerks there are many freelancers there who can provide you with quality backlinks and traffic at cheap rates.

wennykev, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  17. haffsakhan

haffsakhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Share your link on forum signature, Google places, Reddit you will get traffic

haffsakhan, Jul 17, 2014 IP