1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to determine which social media fits your business?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ethnetia, Dec 30, 2013.

There are numerous internet social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin etc. are available over the internet. But it would be quite tough to determine which fits your business.

Ethnetia, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  2. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    It depends upon your business or services about the target audience i.e., your are targetting the local people or from other countries.

Prasseo, Dec 30, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. Ethnetia

Ethnetia Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your kind reply, it is quite sensible.

Ethnetia, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social Media covers so many different topics and reaches so many different people. You can probably find an audience for pretty much any product or service.

danasurvey, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  5. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your social media marketing will depend upon the place or country where you do your business. People from Europe mostly use Twitter so if your target market is in Europe you should concentrate promoting your business through twitter. I live in India and Facebook is very much famous here. So if your business is here you can promote through Facebook.

spyindiaankur, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  6. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    You need to have a presence on the big three of F, G+, and T. However, you also need to branch out into niche-specific social networking sites to get the most exposure in front of your ideal visitors.

For example, if your site is in the gaming niche, you need a presence on Twitch. If you're in the investing niche, you need a presence on StockTwits.

baldonius, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Use them all.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  8. Ethnetia

Ethnetia Member

Best Answers:
    danasurvey, spyindiaankur, baldonius and joe thank you very much for your kind contribution, I am really delighted to get prompt response. Have a great day.

Ethnetia, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  9. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    What @spyindiaankur said makes sense. The platform (Social Media Website) where you should be active on should depend on your target audience. Consider this scenario when building a physical business. Where do you build your business? In a place where many people can access it and can be turned into possible customers.

It is the same with building your business' social media presence, the places and platforms where you should hang out is suited to YOU (how familiar you are with it and the possible strategies you can use) and YOUR AUDIENCE (where do you think your ideal audience are?).

But the most important thing of all, is to not be overwhelmed with many social media websites, and only choose the sites you can handle to manage, slowly and surely.

10. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    No matter what social network you choose, you have to give your audience valuable content to interest them.

prawyyy, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  11. Ade Vitan

Ade Vitan Member

Best Answers:
    As a business owner myself, I have to agree with @Web Outsourcing Gateway 's answer. An adequate social presence requires you to focus on your clients/followers preferences. If your target audience is focused on Facebook but totally ignores Google+ (I found many of my followers to find it too techy for their taste!), then, at least at the beginning, don't waste your time and resourcing focusing on all. Start with the one that's more familiar with your clients, then after you've built a solid base here, move on and try to get multiple social platforms up-to-date.

It all comes down to analyzing your client base and their habits, and don't get caught in a whirlwind of social media platforms available out there. Quality versus quantity here, start small, get great content to your current clients, turn them into regulars, and then move on to more platforms.

Ade Vitan, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  12. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can join groups and pages that pertain to your business. Use keywords to find small niches on all the ones you join.

gambler53, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  13. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best for businesses would be Twitter as it is good for announcements and such. Facebook is good to get to know your customers and support them.

ash1ey82, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  14. Victoria Montoya

Victoria Montoya Member

Best Answers:
    Yup.....its all depends on the popularity of the particular social media that how it is going to satisfy the needs of the users in a very different way,it is covering the mass or not,also what kind of business the particular person is going to target,what kind of business one should want to build with the particular social media,and the kind of brand promotion he/she wants

Victoria Montoya, Jan 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  15. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. They're al slightly different. You can use each one for different reasons.

BoostSoftware, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  16. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just made a Twitter for my business, and I would say it is a lot better than using facebook. Facebook marketting is a lot more time consuming, however it can be a better option due to the more users. Also facebook is decreasing and Twitter is on the rise so its a tough choice.

ash1ey82, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  17. rymwriter

rymwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I conveniently use Fb and G+, they provide such nice place and support to promote my product. Twitter does not work well since there are a lot of spammer posting hundred tweets per day.

rymwriter, Jan 18, 2014 IP