1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much socks-proxy.com would be worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by BVaCker, Dec 30, 2013.

How much socks-proxy.com would be worth? .net and .org are taken. This domain could be used by proxy providers.

BVaCker, Dec 30, 2013 IP
  2. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Couple of hundred bucks, would be worth more without the hyphen.

baldonius, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you not try selling it to the owner of the .net site? (Or .org, although I did not check if it's a live site as it comes up blocked by our Proxy. :D) I wouldn't value it too much due to having a hyphen as it would lose out to the one without. Anything over $70 would be good.

ryan_uk, Jan 2, 2014 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Use this forumula:

$10 times the number of months until it next expires divided by 12.

So for example if it were to run out in six months, it's worth five bucks... or at least, that's all ANYONE WITH BRAIN CELLS would pay for it. Anything else is preying on the ignorance of others and just more of the asshat scam BULLSHIT that's taken over the entire industry! As a whole the squatting on domains and reselling them to others garbage is one of the biggest predatory practices there is, exploiting the ignorance of Joe Sixpack and Susy Sunshine!

... and I say this for one simple reason - if you have CONTENT OF VALUE people actually want, you can make up ANY gibberish name you like, and have it be a success. Google ring a bell? How about Zoosk? Twitter? Bing? What exactly does the word Amazon have to do with anything involving the website? People who specialize in branding have known that for ages, the name isn't important, it's how you USE it, market it and what it represents!

... which is why the whole domain name reselling industry is as big a hive of scumbag bullshit as the SEO-tards, template whorehouses, PSD jockeys with the giant brass monkey balls to call themselves "designers", and all the other sleazy nube predators out there!

deathshadow, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. xtmx

xtmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    @deathshadow, most domains are worth LESS than the formula you posted. However, the value of a good domain is that anyone who wants to create valuable content will have a far easier time with webgames.com than funfreeonlinegamesflash.com.

I develop niche online games, including one that became so popular I had to shut down my server. So please, don't compare me with the average scammer.

xtmx, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's based on how much a unused/available domain should cost through most providers... though depending on the provider and TLD it could run anywhere from $7 to $12 -- I chose a number in the middle.

I'd say that's more length than the name itself. If you called it "xpatria" or "wacowaco" you could probably be just as successful IF there's unique content of value.
    Do you go around selling your domains to ignorant halfwits? If you aren't preying on the ignorance of others my statements don't apply to you.

deathshadow, Jan 8, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. greatme

greatme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is a good domain. You have to approach .net & .org owners. It can get low xxx to right buyer.

greatme, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  8. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no value undeveloped.
    Just develop it and see how it will go.

dlatua, Jan 20, 2014 IP