1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I copy news from other to my website

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by john.morison, Dec 14, 2013.

Hello Friends,

I don't know I am in a right place, So I am posting my content here Plz help me out. I want to start new news website and I wanna your suggestions. Can I copy content from any other news website to my own website. I will show the resource website detail at bottom of news.

Can I copy full content or just few lines. I am little confused about this what I do.

Thanks

john.morison, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would avoid copying content. You don't want to get penalized by search engines for having duplicate content.

danasurvey, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  3. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    do lil bit modifications in some other users content to avoid penalize :)

indiasbull, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  4. jannus

jannus Active Member

Best Answers:
    re write in the same thoughts.

jannus, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  5. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    You can copy all the content you want, you just have to make sure you also post a link to the source and name it as the source, which then means your content will be ranked much lower (if at all, as Google hides the duplicates).

Reformulating the news as your own news is work, but is also acceptable and might rank a bit higher with search engines. However, you still have to name and point to the source.

The best thing is to create your own real content. ;)

Scott

s.molinari, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    Kamona and EngineerofSuccess like this.
  6. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You said it right 100%. I've learned this the hard way too.

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  7. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to add to all the said above that you MUST be aware of the 2 things:
    - if you want to copy/paste the content from a website you should have the accept of the owner of the content;
    - for your website is preferable to not use 100% of the content because then you'll be penalized by the double content rule;
    The best way is to use the content, add some remarks of your own, and of course submit the link to the original article, like this you'll be safe. But if you want that your news website to grow you'll need original content made by you or by other writers that are able to make this for you.

RosuC, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  8. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    It is not a good thing. If you want to copy the content so you need to insert the reference link also in your content.

alek, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  9. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is a WordPress one, you can install the Repost plugin (free), which makes articles appear to be on your site but they aren't really, they're still on the original site, so no issue there. You cannot alter the copy, nor can you remove any links or images but you planned on attribution anyway, so again shouldn't be a prob. You will want to write your own unique content too, so others will use your content (with your links) on their site.

Here is the plugin developer's page: http://wordpress.org/plugins/repostus/

I just searched for it from my dashboard, it was super fast and easy to install and start posting.

Annea, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you concerned about the legal ramifications (which will differ from site to site)
    or the SEO ramifications?

sarahk, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is really no problem only if you correctly link back (a live link, not just the url either) to where you got the news at.
    Now myself, it really depends on the length of the article on whether I use just the title (or make up my own) and link back, a few lines or paragraphs and link back, or the entire article and link back.
    And have no fear from google.
    I never worry about google, it stopping to send it's legion of bots to my blogs, if they will stop me in the serps, etc etc etc.
    For google for years been nothing but kind to my blogs.

iowadawg, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  12. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    Agrees with everything you said.

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  13. john.morison

john.morison Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Guys for your suggestion and nice feedbacks regarding my topic. Now I concluded with you suggestions. I will add rss through which I can add small content with the source link. Then I hope Nobody will penalize me neither news owner nor google. Am I right or wrong.

Yes I decided that I will start new website with wordpress bcoz it is very userfriendly. So is this plugin useful with wordpress and give good quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    john.morison, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  14. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good quality posts and it's right in your WP dashboard after you install the plugin. You get thousands upon thousands of articles to choose from. You can browse categories or find articles by keyword. There are a ton of press releases in some categories.

Follow those links I left in the other post, or Google Repost.us so you can read more about it. I'm sure the pros will explain it better than I have.

It's a cool idea that other people might put your content on their blog, too. :)

Annea, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  15. john.morison

john.morison Member

Best Answers:
    I have checked this plugin with my demo website and really it is amazing. But I have some query regarding the ads appear in Post. Can i Change the ads with my own google adsense ads.

john.morison, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  16. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you can't change anything within their posts. I always check to see what's on the page before making my selection. Remember too, that page is actually still on their site, not yours. It's a dynamic setup that just makes it appear to be on your website.

On the bright side, when they use your posts (if you write some and allow them to be shared), your ads show. :) Could be an opportunity for CB or CPA exposure.

Annea, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  17. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    Hey honey,
    Don't copy anything. Avoid copying content whether it is news or anything.

pia D'Alia, Dec 20, 2013 IP
  18. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice. Using the Repost.us plugin is not copying. It's perfectly "legal" in Google's eyes (see other posts on the subject).

Annea, Dec 20, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  19. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    Never heard of that site before. Does it save WP blogs from dupe content by chance?

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  20. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check it out. I linked to the WP plugin site in one of my posts above. It's not technically dupe content because it's a dynamic system. The post is not really on your site, it just looks that way to your readers. In reality, the content still sits on the original site. It is not duplicated content, only one copy exists.

When I use it, I always add some of my own text (at top of page) to introduce the post but you don't have to, I guess. Also, I use it sparingly, at least for now. I want to get more of my own stuff on my site first. Then, hopefully, others will use my content (complete with my ads and links) on their sites. :) Win-win.

Annea, Dec 22, 2013 IP