1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not Google, Yahoo instead?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by yengo, Oct 3, 2013.

We all know that pathetic common expression we usually say when we can't figure out the meaning of a word: google it! It always sounds like googling a word has become the last change of getting what we want. We never say "Yahoo it", but why not, because "If google does know it, nobody else will". Google has the answer to everything, we thing. However, when we look at the statistics, it is astonishing to see that Yahoo has now more visitors/traffic than Google, what attract people on Yahoo instead of Goggle?

This is what an independent web analytics company said, quote: " -- everything from Flickr to Yahoo Finance -- actually got more web traffic than Google. In aggregate, 197 million people visited Yahoo's sites in the month of July. Gmail, Google's search engine and rest of Google's sites received 192 million unique visitors during that same period."

That's 5 million difference. Why are more people visiting Yahoo, well the answer is clear both company are good at doing what they do. Let's grant to Yahoo to be a little advanced due to the fact that he has more features (yahoo finance, search...).

So next time you do a search, if you don't google, please yahoo it.
    yahoo vs Google.jpg

yengo, Oct 3, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. Zayan

Zayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well explained Mr. Yengo! :)

Zayan, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Yahoo regularly for searches and find the results are as good to somewhat better than Google searches.

danasurvey, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  4. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    But you're really binging it if you are searching on Yahoo... Yahoo should run its own search engine IMO.

sambling, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  5. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is nice piece of words, for some one who have satisfaction with search on Google, Yahoo or some other engine, then why some one would change the search engine. Google and Yahoo have some characteristics in their services. So for an professional SEO i think he have to use all the major search engines, all are good for users.

Afrasiab, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  6. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:

I agree with @sambling , you're really binging it since the search result for yahoo is now powered by Bing. :)

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  7. Dominium

Dominium Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Gota admit I do use the Yahoo/Bing search engine quite a lot lately. Google annoys me with their constant 'updates' to... pretty much all of their sites/apps. I get used to one design and bam there's a new one with everything changed. Really annoying!

Thanks for the post Yengo,

Cheers

Dominium, Dec 18, 2013 IP
  8. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried using Bing for search after the whole G+/YouTube fiasco but the results were pitiful, in comparison, so went back to Google. I hate G's invasive approach to its users, so I will try Yahoo and Bing again.

Re SEO for our sites, I think that is universal and works for all the major search engines. You can't go wrong with good SEO. Trouble is, Google changes the definition of good SEO every chance they get. So, I say, forget about them and do your best. Then promote. If what you're doing makes your readers happy, you'll get visitors. It would be faster and easier if you could get page 1 in the SERPS but a lot of people are struggling to keep up with the zoo animal algo updates.

Annea, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  9. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo gets more traffic primarily due to their marketing in countries other than first world countries. I would always google it and the second thing would come to mind is bing rather than yahoo.

ash1ey82, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  10. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Google most definitely. i know i don't have much to back me up but i like it better because it has a lot more responses than yahoo.most of Google's are better. though i must give yahoo credit because if your searching something it'll try and guess your word and then it'll bring you to the appropriate website

jasmeencress, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  11. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's because of the people's mentality and stubbornness to change... Yahoo is information portal and google is mainly a search engine. So people mainly use google to do the searches as they got used to it and even it starts throwing shyte at them they will still google it as it's their habit.

praetserge, Nov 27, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exclusive news! Google does that too since...a pretty long time now. Its called autocomplete ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  13. Super Achiever

Super Achiever Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Many people are visiting Yahoo because of their interactive news homepage which connects people to Weather, Mail and other Yahoo services. The traffic is staggered when it comes to Google's services because they devote separate pages or sites for each service. Although Yahoo does this as well, their main domain is considered by most users as a one-stop portal for all their other services. Thus, many people use Yahoo as homepages, and traffic gets in Yahoo for all of this. Also, most users of Google's tools are connected to an API, so they never have to actually visit the pages in the browser to access these services.

Yahoo is an interesting site, I've heard of it first than Yahoo. However, in the marketer's perspective, Google has an easier and succinct interface that targets people who really want to search something. The page load is faster, thus finding the info that I want is faster.

I prefer Google over Yahoo in terms of search. My next option is Bing. I love Yahoo for News. I personally think of Google's search capabilities as highly related to my search terms. So far I didn't get a problem on being thrown with shitty results. I do get thrown with shitty ads on top and sides, though.

Super Achiever, Nov 27, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I have noticed between these two search engines:

Google is specific and relevant on what the users wants.
    Yahoo provide general information and latest news around the globe.

Both are useful and each of them has specialties when it comes to hub of information.

KylieSweet, Dec 2, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  15. stormer320

stormer320 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using google my whole life so I'll probably just stick with them. :p

stormer320, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  16. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Yahoo for news updates.
    I use Google for searching and browsing.
    Both are great search engines, they are just unique on their own ways. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 4, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.