1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Future Marketing, what will be the difference

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DatingExpert, Jul 6, 2013.

Dear Fellow Digital Point Members,

I would like to know your opinion on today's internet marketing and lets say in 2020.
    What do you think will be the big difference?
    Will social media, mobile marketing, video marketing and others will have the same affects or will change in the upcoming future for internet marketing?

I think it will be in the every one's interest to prepare yourself or at least have an idea on what changes will come to internet marketing in the near future.

DatingExpert, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think it will pretty much stay the same. I hope. If the world's largest economies go down the crapper - so will affiliate marketing. The opposite is true as well.

qwikad.com, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  3. Roy Harmon

Roy Harmon Member

Best Answers:
    The future of marketing is viral and the future of content is paid. Television viewers have been skipping commercials for years thanks to DVR technology and now even radio listeners can skip ads with certain Sirius receivers. And there are plenty of programs that allow web users totally block advertisements. Content providers will be subscription-based and marketers will have to find ways to get consumers to want to see their ads (which will be disguised and embedded in compelling content) and to share them.

Roy Harmon, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  4. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not much difference in my opinion. Because people are still and will still be on the hunt for great value and for products/services/companies/websites to solve their problems. The only difference that i can think of is that, consumers might become more cautious and would not buy something unless they can trust that company/website. So the current key to successful marketing is great value and will always remain as such. Tricks can change, but the basics will always be the same.

Howard Lim, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  5. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    I think that consumers will have an even tighter hold on marketing in the future. Looking back on times before the term 'social media' even existed and meant something, it was a lot easier for the media to enforce their opinions on masses, for companies to use very one-directional approaches to advertising and marketing. When social media came about, an entirely new dimension bridging the gap between brands and consumers came to life. It gleaned to be a lot trickier than most brands thought - with the newly found opportunity for consumers to voice their opinions, rally the troops, take down and flame brands they weren't happy with - all these actions with just a Tweet sent or a Facebook status Liked.

Things became very different, very fast. Consumers hold the power now. And they choose what they want to see, hear and consume. So much has changed in just a few years - i'd think that another 10 years from now would be an entirely different ballgame altogether. And as Roy said, viral will be key. Marketing will be more responsive than it is already morphing into now. Getting the attention of consumers will be even harder when they can block you out of their feed without even giving you a chance. Companies will have to come up with newer, more innovative ways to break through the walls that consumers will build around themselves in order to stay relevant and significant. This is a basic rule and challenge that companies have faced since marketing and advertising first came about - but it can potentially be an even bigger challenge in the future, as more power shifts to the consumer over time.

ReferralCandy, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  6. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Internet marketing might have more and more development and will be different in many ways. It could be the number one platform for advertising, and if that time comes advertisement agencies can have more income and decrease costs. Companies will have more opportunity to make their business be known as technology offers more benefits for them.

7. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Conclusion to me would be. Stop doing so many tricks. just focus on value for money, good customer support and funny and wacky advertising ideas that doesn't involve lying. The rule of the game hasn't changed. It's just that the difficulty has been risen.

Howard Lim, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  8. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    The internet still in its infancy, there is a lot that has not been done online yet in many niches. There are more problems than solutions out there. Trust me on that one.

The value thing always is going to be the main focus of this business, not matter what happens in the future. I think, if we can solve people's issues we will remain in this business for years to come.

Gianni Palazzo, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  9. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that marketers need to be supportive, open
    and transparent. Profit from our online businesses
    will still depend on how much people trust and like us.
    So always strive to make great relationships with customers
    through providing valuable content which purpose is to help people
    to solve their problems!

Branko Zecevic, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  10. mkcookin

mkcookin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it will stay the same pretty much. The only major difference I see is everything going completly mobile. This will sure throw new ways to drive traffic, sell products, and create useful content for people to read.

mkcookin, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  11. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it will stay the same. In fact, websites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter will be replaced by out of the box ideas. Search system will be tremendously improved and based on relationships and trust level. We'll be more busy, smart people will still make the most value.

GAdsense, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  12. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:

Yes, I do believe that Face Book will not very vital in future marketing as face book is over confident and changing lots of stuff such as privacy which many users don't like and if another platform comes up who respect more privacy of members, people will ten more to that site instead of face book.

DatingExpert, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  13. Affiliate Empire

Affiliate Empire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the future of Online Marketing could lie mainly in Social Media. The Social Media search engines could replace gradually the Search Engine we currently know (Google, Bing..).

So the key will lie in the content posted by the Social Media users. We can imagine, thanks to the hashtags, searches in Social Media related to the keyword posted by the users.

Affiliate Empire, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  14. lazywebprofits

lazywebprofits Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there WILL and HAVE ALREADY COME difference. It is true, to me, that the way we advertise has already emerged. It's more of the programs that's emerging than the actually strategies, but nonetheless the strategies are indeed advancing also.

Most marketing strategies are simple and that is by just having a link back to your website/blog if possible. Sounds simple, but once again the "program" (Instagram, Sweeva) plays a role in helping the site get exposure/clicks thru it's methods with still the same "add your link" strategies.

There are indeed new marketing methods coming along as I speak that will change the way we advertise online forever.

Well throw us a great newcomer?

Not to promote or anything, but this is by far the latest in MARKETING 3.0, to me, to help deliver massive free targeted website traffic. It's ViralKeys.com

What makes ViralKeys a newcomer to internet marketing?

Simple, it provides a bundle of the most effective online marketing methods used to promote a website and these are search engine advertising and traffic exchange/ PTC advertising. Respectively BOTH being great advertising resources for quality traffic.

This website is less than week old and once again not to promote anything even though I am behind this too but this site is defiantly one to look at for the FUTURE OF MARKETING!

lazywebprofits, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  15. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree to some point that Social Media will play very vital role in the future internet marketing becuase more and more people are tending towards internet social sites every day and number of users of social sites as well as number of social sites are increasing day by day.

DatingExpert, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  16. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of social media, lots of mobile, and people that are TOTALLY and UTTERLY broke. (lol).

Also, healthcare & "make money" niches will expand fervently, in my opinion.

Other than that?

The cornerstone marketing principles that have worked for over a century will still work.

Find a demographic, find out what they want, and offer to them precisely that.

:]

CandleKeep, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  17. Victoria Stone

Victoria Stone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a fun question!

Let's answer it by going BACK 20 years. The majority of internet marketing was conducted by simple, one man (or woman!) bands. I.E: Folks in their bedrooms and basements. Corporations had not really jumped on the bandwagon and, even when they did, they were so poor at it that failure often occurred.

Now let's look at the current climate. Turn on the TV and if you can watch an ad without being inundated with hash tags, social media accounts, and website addresses, then I not only doubt your veracity, but I want to know where you live so I can up sticks and move! Ha. Corporations, laggards that they are, have now securely jumped on the bangwagon, taken the reins, and yell yee-haw as they speed onwards and crack their whips.

So my prediction? The little guy (or girl) will be progressively pushed out from certain markets where barriers to entry rely on vast funding, brand recognition, and tons of other - usually unattainable - factors. Meaning that the need to niche-market for us will only grow.

As far as media platforms go: social networks will continue to dominate and you'll find our web experiences increasingly integrated into our lives: sofas will be connected, kitchens, toilets, public wash rooms, cuff links! No one in the civilized world will be more than a click or a swipe away from the internet.

Victoria Stone, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  18. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    This is very true.
    The basic principles of marketing will never change even though the techniques keep changing; the principles of marketing will still remain the same.

DatingExpert, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  19. DatingExpert

Best Answers:
    You have mentioned some very interesting facts.
    Thats true, the way internet has changed recently, it is a great progress and I am sure it will be more greater in the coming near future.

DatingExpert, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  20. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Facebook will become the next Friendster

Ethan Alvin, Mar 9, 2014 IP