1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free or Paid hosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Rehan23, Dec 16, 2013.

Do you recommend free hosting or paid hosting? I saw many people complaining regarding free hosting is there seriously any issue with it?

I'm currently using reliefhosting.com as a free hosting provider.

It seems to be working fine, but is there any threat to my files and etc?

Rehan23, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Free hosting are just interact the user. Free hosting have a lot of issue. Paid hosting also have a lot of issue. In my 5years experience, i have find dedicated server is best. Lot of limitations in paid hosting. People are searching for cheap hosting but cheap hosting running on poor server.

humtuma, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  3. Shagoon

Shagoon Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you need the hosting for. Depending on the project you plan on running, the scale of the project, etc, then you'll know your answer.

For instance, if you're needing the host for just your own personal blog then free should do just fine, but if you plan on running a production environment website/forum, that is still not big enough to require a VPS/Dedicated Server then you should consider paid hosting, as the support is better and the performance/security is usually better.

Shagoon, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  4. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to build business for long term, then paid hosting is way to go

Hosting your site is pretty cheap. It only costs around $10 to $25 / year for hosting small/mid size websites

nihangshah, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Is there any issue with it? Yes! Is there any threat to your files and etc.? Yes!

What's to stop the host from just closing down anytime they like (happens regularly), because they aren't making any revenue? Somebody has to pay for the server. They aren't free. Not to say paid hosts don't shut down, but if you go with a reputable provider, that shouldn't happen.

WSWD, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  6. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Member

Best Answers:
    Depends how seriously you want to be taken, and how much help you'll need when things go wrong.

Andrew_Culture, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unless I am mistaken, your host is using youhosting.com; which means it is free for them as well.....
    There are some obvious issues. One is there are no real backups being done by the resellers. Also as the resellers are free(ie the company you are with), there is no obligation for the hardware owners to keep running the business, and can at any time terminate the business, or in the very least, terminate the reseller and all those under them. The entire thing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reality is, you should not run any real site under free hosting. However, it is ok to use for learning, and or setting up your site. But once you are ready to start a site, that is the time to move it to better hosting.
    I know alot of people simply dont have the money to spend on hosting, some people do quite well to start with free until their website earns and then move to quality hosting.

In hosting there is more sharks then dolphins, simply going to paid doesnt automatically mean everything is fantastic. but if you were to shop around, look at reviews and dont just go for the cheapest, then you are likely to end up having a better hosting experience in the long run.

matt_62, Dec 19, 2013 IP
    WSWD and ryan_uk like this.
  8. FAT238

FAT238 Active Member

Best Answers:
    New webmaster or blogger tried to use free hosting providers, it works for small blogs with 10 or 20 visitors per day, but if you have more than that number of visitors, they will save their resources and give the bandwidth to paid members, this is how free hosting works, it's free and you get the exact value of free, I mean nothing at the end, only database errors.

FAT238, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  9. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paid hosting only with a reputable company. I've heard many stories of free hosting helping themselves to your data, cloning your site or injecting their ads on to your pages - after all you get what you pay for.

dayvo, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    WSWD likes this.
  10. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have to do all those things. Servers aren't free, after all. ;)

WSWD, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  11. esther.paul

esther.paul Active Member

Best Answers:
    It totally depends on your usage... If you are a newbie and just starting with a basic website without much stuffs in it then you can try it with Free Hosting; but if you are looking for a website for business purpose then I would advice you to go with Paid Hosting.

There are lot of reliable hosting service providers who can offer you excellent web hosting service for different price. If you are looking for more reliable service then I would suggest Bluehost or Hostgator.

Cheers

esther.paul, Jan 4, 2014 IP
  12. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Paid hosting is very affordable and offers the benefits of 24/7 support, 99.99% uptime, advertising free and long term benefits that relate to SEO and traffic. You can get paid web hosting that is affordable and and reliable for less than a couple of cups of coffee. Paid hosting is one of the best investments that you can make for your business, blog or personal website. Paid hosting eliminates the hassles associated with free hosting which gives you more time to work on and promote your own interests.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  13. XiNiX

XiNiX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If You have some free and non serious projects, then Free Hosting is a good way to start. However for more genuine especially commercial projects or large forums/blogs paid Hosting is Highly Recommended.
    Free Hosting generally has limited support and liability, whereas You get better Uptime, support Free Transfers etc with a paid Hosting.

XiNiX, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  14. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The disadvantage of free hosting is, your website can go down 4-36 hours every month, bringing down SERP, traffic and
    reliability.

it career, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  15. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you probably get the picture by now with all of these replies. It's simple, if you care about your website(s) get yourself a reliable paid hosting solution.

micksss, Jan 9, 2014 IP
  16. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    If you are serious webmaster, go to paid one. Free hosting can caused a lot of free problem.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  17. Qala - Kelvin

Qala - Kelvin Member

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for a web space for your school project, or personal site. I personally think it's okay to use free hosting.

If you're hosting a commercial site, I would recommend you getting your own server and host your sites yourself.

Qala - Kelvin, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  18. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only use free hosting to test features on a website out. Never plan to set up long term on them, that is a disaster waiting to happen. You will experience large amounts of downtime and slow load speeds on free hosts. You can get paid hosting pretty cheap these days anyway.

Sarah Davis, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  19. tks

tks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a newbie or not having enough fund to invest on web hosting, go for FREE web hosting service. There are a number of FREE web hosting providers there around. How ever if you are a serous webmaster, you should go with paid hosting providers.

tks, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  20. Onimusha

Onimusha Member

Best Answers:
    paid hosting is reliable and good if you want to start some serious business ..... if you are just experimenting and learning how it works then you should go with free hosting

Onimusha, Feb 16, 2014 IP