1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Premium Quality Regular Native Writers Needed

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by fanni, Dec 9, 2013.

Hi there,

We’re hiring competent writer for some diverse content writing. The task contains informative articles, blog posts, website content writing, guest post writing and press release writing. We would for samples to confirm quality, commitment and consistency. Best writers will be rewarded with work on daily basis and rates will be fixed according to the quality delivered.
    Required skills:
    • Strong communication with no grammatical mistakes
    • Plagiarism free content
    • Long term position
    • Only native writers featuring countries like US, UK, Australia, Kenya, Philippines, etc (Writers from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka do not bid)
    • Experience will be appreciated but even newbie’s can contact
    We are hiring for regular freelance job, hard working and quality work will be appreciated and rates per articles will be increased with time. Time wasters-Please stay away because we need serious writers. If writing is you passion then we have the right job for you.

Please don't PM me. All writers are invited on my email address -

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    fanni, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  2. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey - I am interested in writing for you. I've been freelance writing for 3+ years.

My rate is $.05 per word, and I can write on just about any topic you'd like.

If you're interested, let me know and we can hammer out the details. If not, good luck with your project!

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  3. iAmx

iAmx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi mate

I my usual fee is 2$ per 100 words
    Contact me for more details mate
    Alex

iAmx, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  4. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you guys getting that kind of money? I've been practically giving away my services for $0.006 a word and no one wants to hire me. I've nearly exhausted all my resources. Perhaps homelessness is on the horizon for out of work writers.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    serenity likes this.
  5. samkenwick

samkenwick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sirjorgeculver might be right. However Sirjorgeculver, you might consider digging up old threads and trying to get in touch with people who have requested content recently. You might come up with some promising leads. I've done that before and actually got some work. Good luck.

And, just an FYI for all of you:

With Digital Point consisting of OVER 700,000 members, it seems very peculiar to me that the content creation section is performing the way it is. I mean, doesn't it seem strange to all of you, that more people aren't seeking content for their sites at this forum of 700,000+ people? That's nearly a million members! And yet, the content creation section is just barely dribbling along everyday! It seems grossly unbelievable and I'm at a loss for words. As a writer of 7+ years, I am disheartened...

samkenwick, Dec 10, 2013 IP
    sirjorgeofculver and Vlasic like this.
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There are fantastic clients behind the scenes here at DP. They rarely post ads for content writers because they seek out candidates to contact via PM. I have had the good fortune of meeting some wonderful clients over the years here and still work with many of them today. Just know they are here, even though they don't always let themselves be seen.

Senobia, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    But surely you must have some idea where those 'fixed rates' begin and end right?

You might wanna divulge those numbers to spark the interest of people with the qualifications that you seek.

Senobia, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kindly explain how you arrived at that ridiculous figure. I believe you are grossly misinformed, and frankly don't know what you're talking about.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  9. jb1

jb1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    if you are going compare number of membership with the actual threads opened who are looking to buy customized content then it is really alarming, as if no one wants to buy content from digital point content providers...

the reason behind is, most content buyers do not aggressively open threads they just read your posts, evaluate how you write through your posts and decide if they would contact you or not.

it really pays if you were able to build up your reputation in the forum.

jb1, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    wwstewart and kingofking like this.
  10. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 19
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @jb1 Exactly! I am happy that I have got 2 good clients from DP!

kingofking, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  11. samkenwick

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Spoiltdiva:

If you look closely at the home page, you know http://forums.digitalpoint.com, scroll down a little bit, and on the right hand side, you'll see a small section called statistics. You'll see discussions, messages, members, and latest members. According to the main page of Digital Point, there's been over 2,000,000 messages posted at this forum. Also, yes my initial post was correct. There ARE over 700,000 members on this forum. Look at the main page Spoiltdiva, and if you can't find it, I can post a screen shot with the statistics circled for you. But it's plain as day to see on the main page if you look. Hope that answered your question.

samkenwick, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  12. samkenwick

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So basically, if we all make ourselves known as you do around here, then we'll stand a better chance of scoring some additional clients and work. I get it. It makes sense. Well, I'll make sure that I make it known that I'm around here as well. Thanks for the info Senobia. Best wishes.

Sam

13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Honestly I don't even know where to start in answering your post, so I won't. But let me ask you this, do you think that all 700,000 are active members? The number is probably closer to 48,000 and likely under that. This is still a lot and makes DP one of the largest sites of it's kind.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    samkenwick likes this.
  14. samkenwick

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    THAT is a very good point to make. I have to agree that most of the 700,000 members probably aren't active. Matter of fact I'm sure they're not. I never would have thought of that, though, if you wouldn't have mentioned it.

But still, like you say, 48,000 ballpark figure, "give or take" a few members is still a lot. Why more of them don't request content in posts I don't know. I just think that we should be doing better in that way as a whole at this forum.

Don't get me wrong though, I've made my mark here at DP. In the five years I've been a member here, I've made well over $10,000 dollars and worked for a wide range of clients doing all kinds of different work. It's been a very rewarding experience for me and I'm a much better writer now than I was five years ago. I'm looking forward to many new clients and many new prosperous relationships.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for future endeavors to come and hope the content creation section becomes more active for all of us involved.

Sam

15. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know, I'm basically giving my services away at fiverr.com, and other sites. I have written literally hundreds of articles weekly for less than $0.006 and despite a varied work history, and a popular set of blogs with the "sir jorge" name all over google, I still manage to find myself eating ramen and hoping to not have to get a 9 to 5 at minimum wage. Perhaps my degree in writing is most certainly not worth the student loans.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  16. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There are 40 main forums here at DP. Add in all the sub-forums and you're looking at 139 total forums. It's not like thousands of members only have 5 forums to choose from. The Content Creation forum is a sub-forum of the Services forum under the Buy, Sell or Trade category. It's not blatantly obvious that the forum even exists. It's a good thing there is a link at the top of the Copywriting forum for the Content Creation forum or there would probably be less activity then there is now.

TextServices, Dec 14, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  17. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's the endless cycle that many writers get stuck in. They offer low rates to win bids / get writing jobs, which takes time away from being able to find writing jobs that pay a decent rate. These low paying jobs also take time away from the writer being able to work on his/her own sites as additional income sources. The other problem is that once you get known for accepting job offers at not even $0.01 / word, it's difficult to then raise your rates. Writers who raise their rate from $0.01 or $0.02 a word to even $0.03 or $0.04 lose work to those writers charging $0.01 a word or less. It's a vicious cycle. Bills need to be paid and food put on the table.

One way to break out of that cycle is to have an additional income source or sources, even a minimum wage job, that covers living expenses. Set your rate/word and fee for different types of writing at a rate you are comfortable with. Set a minimum rate you'll accept and never go below it. Yes. You will lose work to those bidding lower than you. Be persistent and you will find the buyers willing to pay your asking price. Your reputation builds over time as well as your regular client base. Don't forget to create and grow multiple income streams. When one source slows down, another fills in the gap. Over time, you'll be able to build a nice little income stream through writing. It's just tough in the beginning, but if you stick with it, you can make a decent living as a freelance writer. So what if you work a minimum wage job while growing as a freelance writer? At least bills are getting paid and you're not eating Ramen noodles every night of the week.

TextServices, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  18. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I hear ya. I did that before, but the grind broke my creativity. We'll see. I have a few ideas that will stave that off, but it's definitely a tough cycle. I'm finishing a master's so I'm grinding it out for now.

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 15, 2013 IP
    wwstewart and Blue Star Ent. like this.
  19. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Accepting low paying jobs is just a bad idea. The clients expect too much from you and they don't expect to pay well. I speculate that a lot of that is because of exchange rates, but either way it sucks for people in places where $1 USD = $1 USD.

wwstewart, Jan 8, 2014 IP
  20. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sir Jorge...Here's a bit of free advice.

If you bid $.006, the people who are willing to pay $.02, $.05, $.10 or more will completely ignore you, assuming you are only worth $.006. I made that mistake when I was just starting out too.

Today I typically write for around $.03-$.06 per word, depending on the topic. There are times I dip below that, and there are times when I write for significantly higher than that. If you're a good writer, demand that you earn what you're worth. There are LOTS of clients out there who will be happy to pay a decent wage for good work.

If you need help with this, please don't hesitate to PM me. I would be happy to assist you if I can. If you're a good writer and not making good money, you're doing it wrong!

Michael Levanduski, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    TextServices and wwstewart like this.