1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

earning by article writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by tusharxp, Nov 10, 2013.

I think article writing is a good way to earn money online.I helped my friend to write article but i never earned money online.plz help me with some site where i can get processes in earning money via article writing.

tusharxp, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. qboi84x

qboi84x Member

Best Answers:
    try Odesk.com. There are lots of website owners that are going there to hire writers for their sites. I go there myself.

Or sell it here. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/content.76/

qboi84x, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  3. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should mention what are your knowledge - this is very important, in that moment you'll know to what field you'll be able to suggest your writing qualities. For sure are many dev's that are searching for good and unique writers.

RosuC, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you should concentrate on your local market and write for sites that publish in your native language. Build up a portfolio of published work (even if you weren't paid).

sarahk, Nov 10, 2013 IP
    Vlasic and ryan_uk like this.
  5. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    elance.com and freelancer.com, although the latter is awfully low in prices. You need to work on your Portfolio and online presence to be able to up your price. Spend some time reading this forum, this thread may help prevent scam. Try to stay away from middlemen.

Do not expect to earn some easy money. Gone are the days when a more or less literate student could earn a living scribbling general content articles in English. This niche is overpopulated. India, Pakistan, Philippines and Sri Lanka joined the game and dumped the prices.

If you only think writing articles seems like a good way earning money online, you have plenty of research to do before you dive head over heels and sink slaving for some middleman.

Vlasic, Nov 10, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes it is so easy making money from writing; everyone should give it a try, even if they do so in a different language.

INEEDCONTENT, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may be good to find a content manager as a middleman to connect you to clients. It can help ease the inconsistencies that are bound to pop up with copywriting, granted your earning potential will be lower.

MarTh-, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  8. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it may be convenient for a newcomer not having to look for clients, but working with one decent content manager. On the other hand, if a writer wants to grow and evolve, an intermediary will only block his way.

Vlasic, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think you can do some research (Internet, forums, groups...) for what people need in writing then write some examples and portfolio before starting with freelance websites .
    Good luck

actnews, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  10. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write for yourself first. Start by creating a blog about something that interests you. Add AdSense or something similar. Naturally grow the blog. Once that blog is established and maturing nicely, create another blog about something else that interests you...
    • You will be able to practice writing
    • You are creating examples of your writing to show potential clients
    • You are creating an additional income source
    • You are working towards building your credibility

Make sure to register a domain name and use paid hosting for your blog(s).
    You could offer writing services at Fiverr.

TextServices, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  11. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    People can make a good living from this business, but as English is the most widely used language you absolutely have to be fluent. It's not good enough to be able to string a sentence together in broken English. If you can write in your native language, do that, but in order to provide a good service further afield you need to have a better-than-average understanding of English.

Conran, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  12. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A long term successful copywriter will write for him or herself while paid projects are slow. Earning ad rev from your own content has a lot of potential long term. Often you have to balance writing for yourself and writing for others as a copywriter, unless you are fortunate enough to have found a way/committed to build a high traffic website and can earn exclusively from the ad revenue.

MarTh-, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  13. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many platforms where, you can earn a lot by writing articles. Sites such as freelancer, odesk etc. But there are many other sites also such as iwriter, where you have the facility to take order and earn a lot.

emn, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  14. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having worked with someone who used sites such as Freelancer, my belief is that you cannot earn a proper living through that. Unless you are willing to take on small, very low-paying jobs, and can get enough of them with regularity to build up an income, there's just not enough work there to support someone. This is primarily due to the saturation of such sites by Indian writers stealing content from elsewhere and spinning it, then charging $1 for something that the buyer doesn't know is pretty worthless.

Most low-cost writers can charge so little because all they do is search, copy, paste, spin and sell. It's trash, it takes them ten minutes to do it, and the customer is left with absolute rubbish on their site.

I believe it's far more effective to build relationships with companies and individuals likely to need your services. If you can find a community where they discuss (such as on a forum or business network) then you have an opportunity to fulfill the needs of those within it, and gain a client base able to keep you earning consistently every month.

Conran, Dec 11, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  15. EGworkman

EGworkman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I donnt think writing articles is a good way to earn money.
    because the Customer demand is diverse,sometimes you cannt complete one article if you are not familiar with the industry in one day

EGworkman, Dec 13, 2013 IP
    Conran likes this.
  16. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    While this is very true, a good writer can research and create a decent piece for any field. Obviously, it depends on the research needed and whether this then becomes cost prohibitive. For example, I could write an article about a product simply by reading other material, and I could have that done in a couple of hours, but if I were writing an article on the breeding habits of a breed of Amazonian tree frog it would take a little more time and would therefore cost more. It would be better for that client to seek out someone who already has that knowledge.

Writers can pick out a subject field with a good audience in business and focus solely on that as a professional. This is one of the best ways to gain an income and client base. If you're into tech, look for those selling such. If you're into science, look for some of the publications and sites and offer services. If you're into art, write instructional content for beginners... there is always an audience out there, they just need to be found.

Conran, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  17. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    You could always try iWriter.com. Not the best pay, however. You have to climb the ladder to reach elite status and earn more money, but if you want to practice article writing, it's a great place to start :)

BradySEO, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  18. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm teaching SEO & Article Writing for last ten years and I know from the students and myself that you can earn good amount of income, more than the salaried job which you can earn on your profile provided you have good flair of English and you should able to dig and market yourself for Article Writing.

As said by MrTh-, it is possible to generate revenue from ads, if you know digital marketing and somewhat SEO principles.

You can win within few months, if you study those thing over the net and find the knowledge required to earn from the articles.

zeesales, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  19. Sami Flip

Sami Flip Member

Best Answers:
    well you can write for listverse.com, they pay 100$ per article. also you can try cracked.com. if you are good in wordpress than you can write article for wpmu. it all depends which niche you are capable of, select right niche in which you are capable and then start writing.

Sami Flip, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  20. theLittledreamer

theLittledreamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, writing online is very similar to writing offline in that it's hard to make decent money with! Your hard work wont earn you very much, and earnings will rely heavily upon quantity as well as quality and your ability to use basic SEO and link building techniques. However, if you're up for a challenge I highly recommend Hubpages. I started writing on hubpages many years ago and I have earned money on it. Probably a total of $200 in the space of 5 years! There are others who have made more and who knows hopefully you might be one of them :)

theLittledreamer, Dec 17, 2013 IP