1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Premium Membership Request for Refund. Unauthorized transactions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013.

Hello,

Well i had to search DP and see how admins and Shawn handle these situation and i received mixed reactions from many threads i searched, in some cases he refused but in others he was ok. My situation is not even similar to these members.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/is-premium-membership-charge-refundable.2636337/ vs. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/cancelling-premium-membership.2672725/

I have exchanged messages with Shawn on his profile and explained the situation relative to the unauthorized transactions https://forums.digitalpoint.com/members/digitalpoint.1/ and i wish for this situation to be resolved without any frustration.

There is back and forth argument of some sort, so i am sharing the picture below to proves my stance, and i really want my money refunded. At least the one that was recently charged on December 6 , 2013, i am not a premium member, so that $25 should be completely refunded while the other $25 charged on November 6, 2013 is the same case - Unauthorized transaction.

I have so many bills to pay and these charged bills i have never authorized them, and i have canceled the auto/recruiting subscription when i first bought the premium membership on October 6. 2013, so i suspect it is a bug with DP subscription system, it can't be paypal mistake. Whatever Shawn is using is not working well and charged me without my knowledge. See below:

[​IMG]

Thank you and i hope this situation doesn't become too stressful in term of dispute.

UPDATE 12/9/13 : Filed a dispute for unauthorized transactions and received my complete refund from Paypal for both Nov 6 and Dec 6. A justified decision on behalf of Paypal against what Shawn has done dragging this situation and abusing my privacy which he never respected as a seller. My only regret is what i had to go through dealing with this.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You created a recurring monthly subscription on October 6th, then canceled it on December 7th. Since you created a monthly subscription in your PayPal account, it sent payment on November 6th and again on December 6th (since the subscription was still active at that time). For example if you canceled it on December 5th (before the 6th), then it wouldn't send the subscription payment.

There is no bug in our side or PayPal's side as far as I can see. You set up a recurring monthly subscription that sent a payment each month that it was active. If PayPal sends a payment on January 6th now that the subscription is canceled, then yes... You probably want to call PayPal and ask them about it, but I've never ever heard of PayPal sending a payment after the user canceled their recurring subscription.

digitalpoint, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  3. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is not true, what is more prove than the picture i showed? It shows i canceled it on October 6, 2013. How are you disputing this??? Your script is buggy and probably adds recruiting charges again and again without my permission (probably you should cancel this recruiting feature until this bug is addressed) . And the fact that i am not a premium member after i brought this situation and asked for a complete refund and for never be charged again and again, is awkward.

Are you going to take the $25 that was charged on December 6, 2013 even though I did not receive any merchandise or service for it, you're going to take this money ??

Also there is the other transaction for $25 from November 6, 2013 which is also unauthorized because i did cancel my subscription on October 6, 2013 as the picture proves it.

Can you please resolve this situation Shawn without dragging it and frustrating the situation?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well not giving me a lot to go on to find the transaction... The situation I can find in PayPal that was similar to your situation is one that had a subscription created on October 6th, with the buyer canceling the subscription on December 7th. Specially this one:

paypal.jpg

The reason we can't instantly process a refund is because obviously if there is a problem on PayPal's end, we need to work with them to resolve it so they aren't trying to keep pushing unauthorized payments to us.

The more info you give us, the better... Transaction IDs, and better yet your subscription ID so we can locate the exact subscription and work with PayPal to figure out why they are pushing unauthorized payments to us.

5. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please remove this image or scrape my email from it, this is private information that i do not wish to share online - my email. I will pm you the subscription id of October 6 relative to when it was canceled. After looking into this bug, can you please refund me the charges that were unauthorized, the $50 ?

I have my server payment coming up on the 11th and i am struggling with it already that is why this situation is frustrating for me when it comes to bills, especially for something i did not authorize, i did not receive any service or merchandise from the payments you took without my awareness.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If that is indeed your subscription, first check the date of cancellation (by buyer [you]).

Since you said you canceled it in October, we are going to first need to work with PayPal's support to figure out what's going on in their end and why their system isn't showing it canceled until December 7th. Obviously we have zero interest in PayPal pushing us unauthorized funds and we need to work with them to get to the bottom of it.

7. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, please scrape my email from the picture you shared, i don't need any spam or my email to be exposed publicly. I am an owner of a big website and i don't need my information scattered online along with the name.
    Please scrape the email.

I can't find any transaction id other then the information you shared. I can also share the yellow note that says the subscription was canceled

[​IMG]

I have my server bill on the 11th and this amount the $50 was taken from my bank without my knowledge - the unauthorized transactions for Nov 6 and Dec 6 (you can refund them and work this situation out with paypal, can you?) , do you know when you can issue the refund? Whether it is an issue on your side or paypal's in both cases the money should be refunded.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That shows the subscription was created on October 6th, and it's current status is canceled. What does it show if you click on the Details link for that? What does it show the cancelation date as?

9. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you going to remove my private information per my request, you appear to ignore all the aspect of my reply and post the part you like, i am starting to dislike this very much.

I am requesting for the private information to be scrapped before replying any further to this.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm trying to get to the root of the problem... Why PayPal is sending us unauthorized funds. No spider can scrape your email from an image if that's what you are worried about?

11. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know that part but i want my information to be scrapped from the image, it is my right.

I am asking for it to be removed. Why are you aggravating me and a mod here @Smyrl instead of replying properly she posts my private info arrogantly on my profile like why doing this?

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  12. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please remove my private info per my request, i don't know your private email do i?

If you're ok with this, please send me your private email and i will share it online in a pic as well. I never gave you any permission to share my info. Information like these should be shared in pm or emails.
    And please refund the money that was taken without my awareness, and please don't drag this situation any further unless you are enjoying this?

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Like I said, my main concern is with getting the underlying problem resolved with PayPal. You said what I posted was not true (about a subscription being canceled *after* the last payment). The only way to show what I can see (to show you the info I have) happened to include the email of the PayPal account. No one is going to scrape your email from an image. That email is already out on the public scrapeable web here: http://san1.nihonomaru.net/profile/rina.36/about

So the email itself isn't some secret and it's not even in a searchable/scrapeable here like it is there.

Either way, believe it or not I don't want any unauthorized payments, and if PayPal is pushing payments out after a subscription is canceled and then changing the cancelation date by the buyer to after each payment, it's something we are going to try to help PayPal resolve on their end.

ryan_uk likes this.
  14. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    ENOUGH, YOU'RE AGGRAVATING ME.

There is a difference between abusing your members private information to suit your own amusement and sharing it online and actually linking that information to a person.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ya, I know how you feel.

Agreed... Although a bit irrelevant because I have not done either. I posted the exact reason why I needed to post the PayPal screenshot and I have not linked anything to anyone (I don't know who you are if that's what you are implying).

16. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think you're funny? You're not funny and you're being unprofessional with the way you act.

Considering the fact the subscription was canceled, please simply click the "issue refund" button or take the email address for me you have on file and simply send the money back it is that simple. You and PayPal can work out why the payments are continuing to go through that is something you and them should work on your own time I simply have my bills to handle and want my money, back in the pocket where it belongs respectively.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The more info you can provide, the faster the process can be. For example the detail page of the subscription as requested would be very useful. Without that we need to wait on PayPal for it.

18. Arikahun

Arikahun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please delete my private info per my request first. I did not send you that info to your pm, it is within paypal so you are violating so many laws already, as well as inflicting me emotional damages by making me suffer emotionally. You have shared my email and made a connection with it, and any damage occur because of this matter, you will be responsible.

You are being negligent, and acting with reckless disregard by posting my information without my authority and permission. As well as by acting intentionally with malice due to the fact that you have said this "Ya, I know how you feel."

If you're serious about addressing this issue than you should act promptly.

Arikahun, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If it was cancelled properly with Paypal, there is no way DP would be able to debit your Paypal account.

Merchants can try to charge you all they want, but if that subscription doesn't exist in your Paypal account, it won't go through. So this is not an issue with DP.

Rebecca, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Technicality, but it's not even that we can debit an account if we wanted to (even with a subscription). Rather PayPal pushes the money on the appropriate date and then notifies us that it was sent.

Either way, still trying to get to the bottom of why PayPal is sending payments without authorization from the user they are sending it from.

digitalpoint, Dec 9, 2013 IP