1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site does not comply with Google policies

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Filip Muller, Nov 6, 2013.

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my adsense account from hosted. I just can't figure it out why my website isn't getting aproved it just got rejected (for the third time).

I've asked for help in the Adsense Google group but no success, so i thought i might try here.

The link is http://reggaelizeit.com. It's an online Reggae magazine. We post Reggae music news and reviews. We don't have scrap content, illegal content, copyrighted content or stuff like that, and all of our articles are unique except for some press releases from time to time.

The images in the articles are mostly from itunes, press releases, image from soundcloud song or set, and printscreen from videos. the only free music that we are offering is the one that we are allowed to offer it via specification in the press releases we receive from producers and artists. except that, we are using itunes, amazon, juno etc download links

(the association between reggae music in general and marijuana might seem to vague, or not?)

If anyone could tell me what's wrong, or give me an advice on how to comply with Google policies i would very much appreciate it. I would really love to get rid of other banners and stick with adsense (if it's possible)

Thank you in advance for any info or advice i can get,

Filip Muller

Filip Muller, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  2. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may well be the banner in the sidebar that's part of the problem as it looks just like an adsense ad and they don't like you running any ads that could be confused with theirs. I'd remove that when re-applying. Any free links to copyrighted content e.g. offering something someone should be paying for - illegal downloads etc would be an issue, not sure if this applies to anything on the site though. You will need an adsense compliant privacy policy on the site as well. I've a gig on fiverr for creating this in wordpress if you need one PM me.
    ANY reference to marijuana needs to be removed! Any reference to drugs at all is a big red flag to google, as are any provocative images (Women shaken' their booty etc.) will result in a rejection.
    Hope that helps - good looking site by the way. Hope you get approved as you come across as pretty genuine
    Cheers
    Dickie

adsenseplr, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  3. Filip Muller

Filip Muller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very very much Dickie for taking your time to answer my post, i really appreciate it,

Yes, you are so right, i mean, it's kind of logic! (i did took off the banner related to gambling though) but I will try again with no banners at all and come back here to post my result.

yes, not applying here, we only feature the free music that the press release tells us to (or let's say if it's about a free song on soundcloud). we started using itunes/amazon etc affiliation links a while ago.

yes, i keep hearing about this privacy policy page lately, i will try make one, and if i encounter any troubles, i know how to reach you, thank you for that!

yes, i understand, i will look into it, maybe make some modification until it's aproved? i know it's not a thing that i can count on (ant might not be right) but i remember reading somewhere that google doesn't return to re-check a website after the aproval (but maybe im wrong)

thank you very much for the appreciation, and again for taking your time to clear the things out for me, you've been a great help!

i will come back with the results, if i get rejected one more time, i will give up, it's kind of frustrating :)

Big up!

Filip

Filip Muller, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from what has been mentioned here and the Google AdSense Product Forums, AdSense isn't exactly appropriate for your site. It's an entertainment site, so monetise it in a way that's more relevant to your audience (iTunes, Amazon, gig tickets and similar). It's probably going to annoy your audience too (assuming you want to build up a dedicated following).

Also, remember, AdSense is a con-text-ual advertising system! (I saw some posts with videos and very little text.)

ryan_uk, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  6. GregWR

GregWR Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Ryan, I believe you would earn more using affiliate ads for iTunes and the like, music sites are perfect for this kind of monetization.

GregWR, Nov 8, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. Muhammad Umar Pakistan

Muhammad Umar Pakistan Member

Best Answers:
    just increase the traffic of your site and submit it again for approval.

Muhammad Umar Pakistan, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  8. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What has traffic got to do with Adsense approval?

Agent000, Dec 8, 2013 IP