1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ Referral Program

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Cwayne, Dec 7, 2006.

I've been a member of CJ for about a year. When I was promoting their merchants I made a handfull of sales.

The problem I have with CJ is that they do not offer a 2nd teir opportunity for referrals.

My site, www.ThrillaMilla.com is set up to inform and guide prospective affiliate marketers to other networks and since CJ doesn't offer 2nd tier opps, there is no sense in promoting them.

According to CJ, you must have sold over $10,000 dollars before they will let you refer other affiliates. I find this policy too rigid and would like CJ to review this policy.

CJ competitors are more than happy to offer 2nd Teir and due to this, their competitors are building large bases of affiliates, thus increasing the opportunity for merchants, and giving affiliates additional reasons to promote their network.

What are your thoughts on CJ reviewing this policy and making the necessary changes to allow us to be compensated for referrals?

Wouldn't it be nice if you received 5% of what ever one of your referrals sold?

Respectfully,

Cwayne, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  2. globalplanet

globalplanet Guest

Best Answers:
    I got e few Ecommerce ebooks for sale.

globalplanet, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  3. jczorch

jczorch Member

Best Answers:
    Is this accurate? What does it mean by let you refer other affiliates? :confused:

jczorch, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  4. ademmeda

ademmeda Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's quite a lot for the beginners like me. Then I will look for other networks' referral programs. Does anydoby know any good affiliate network referral programs?

ademmeda, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  5. ArtfulAffiliate

ArtfulAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    cj deals with some big name companies, so numbers like that are the norm to them. some of their top earners make that in a month.

it may seem like an unrealistic amount, but it really is possible. even if it takes you a year. cj doesnt want affiliates that cant perform, so they figure you should at least know what you're doing before you try to promote "what you're doing"...

make sense?

ArtfulAffiliate, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  6. rooter1204

rooter1204 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeap, as a matter of fact, tiny publishers or even advertisers in affiliate market doesn't compensate the effort. CJ is targeted on the biggest marketers and try to benefits them rather. If cj recruits tons of small merchant advertisers, it will just flood up their inventory and diversified their traffic.

I have been working in affiliate networks too and I knew that to stands out in affiliate marketing, you gota have Private Offers and the best deal from the merchants where allowing you the profitable margin to go further. CJ 's working style is fine!

rooter1204, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  7. ed2009

ed2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont like CJ, they pay very little.

ed2009, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  8. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are not that many. CJ killed theirs awhile ago. Most pay so little its not worth doing. And of those that do many restrict it to a short period of time. Usually so short that by the time a new affiliate starts making money your period of referrals has ended.

So you need to focus on smaller programs.

good luck.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  9. wefine

wefine Peon

Best Answers:
    Cj is good aff.

wefine, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  10. Asif2BD

Asif2BD Peon

Best Answers:
    Cj good, But mush have Referral system.

Asif2BD, Mar 24, 2010 IP