1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS for News website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by worldblackstar, Feb 7, 2012.

1. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What CMS platforms do you recommend then? :)

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  2. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I emphasized on the expertness of the person who handle the technical issues for the news-portal (rather than recommending any specific CMS). Personally I love WP more.

atsad, Nov 27, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  3. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    WordPress is by far the best blogging CMS platform. :)

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  4. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla, Wordpress & drupal are the three content management system & from my experience i found wordpress to be the best.

swasa, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  5. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is not that great unless you hire a graphic designer who can do a lot of customization. We know of a better CMS if you are seeking one of new sites.

agora, Dec 1, 2013 IP
  6. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a great alternative to WordPress.

agora, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  7. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    And what alternative do you suggest?

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  8. pepetas

pepetas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WP is for newbies. Joomla is the best CMS with a lot of profesional extensions.

pepetas, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  9. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    WordPress is an awesome CMS platform for newbie bloggers and affiliate marketers as well as those who are seasonably experienced online with content marketing. Among WordPress are many other fine CMS platforms such as Joomla!, the one you previously mentioned. What kind of professional extensions delay have available to enhance functionality of the Joomla! website without having to fork out any money?

10. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same one that LeCanadian uses that is designed specifically for online newspapers. We have used WordPress. It has a lot of great templates. However, it requires a lot of customization by a qualified designer. Arguably, WordPress is also not that great if you are organizing a newspaper website which will have many writers contributing to it.

agora, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  11. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    with WordPress, I personally discovered it has a lot more like stability and functionality than I originally tended or thought of. Within the control panel of your WordPress admin dashboard, you can configure it whereas you can have multiple writers contributing to the blog. TechCrunch, GigaOM, and many more multimillion dollar business blogs use WordPress as their premier CMS blogging solution and they have multiple writers within the dashboard. Do you find yourself possibly a little confused as to how to configure multiple users to contribute to one word press blog at the same time? :)

12. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress offers stability, but functionality is relatively poor for multiple users as far as writers contributing to online newspapers. The bigger the site, the more the functionality problems of WordPress becomes evident.

agora, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  13. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is also susceptible to malware because it's a common standardized script. We used WordPress and had to spend time getting rid of malware.

agora, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  14. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say Wordpress. Have been using it for years and also created some news-like themes. It's a great CMS to use.

dojodesign, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  15. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We just spent additional time removing malware from WordPress. I would not suggest WordPress as the best CMS for everyone.

agora, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  16. Martin Ziegert

Martin Ziegert Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say Wordpress is the way to go for most stuff, news included. However, agora is right, Wordpress is not very secure, nor are most of the open source solutions for that matter. But in my years of experience only one out of a bunch of Wordpress sites had issues with the security, I mean it's not like it will have security issues automatically since it's in Wordpress.

Martin Ziegert, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  17. iexo

iexo Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Wordpress.
    Definitely not some CMS no-ones heard of, in my experience these are really insecure, but Wordpress is tried and tested - and you get a huge community of other users for support. :)

iexo, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  18. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, we tested WordPress and it has many problems. It's a "mass produced script" that lacks customer service support. If you want to spend lots of money to deal with WordPress problems go right ahead. WordPress is poorly suited to the growing requirements of online newspapers, and may require tens of thousands of dollars in a budget to pay to a graphic designer to customize.

We now use a much better script for online newspapers. PM us for details.

agora, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  19. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agora, I have been 'cleaning' tens of platforms in the past 12 years, since I started web design and being a web site admin. It doesn't mean the platforms are bad. I had sites being hit together with the server, I had platforms that cost over 200 bucks 'fall' etc. If you place something online, expect it to be attacked. This doesn't mean you won't be using a platform, just because you had an attack. If it was the case, I wouldn't be using anything and so would my clients :D

dojodesign, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  20. agora

agora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that these attacks have occurred much more with WordPress than other ones including the current online newspaper platform that we have used. That is probably because hackers have been able to "perfect" their malware attacks on WordPress relative to other platforms. WordPress also does not provide the kinds of customer service support needed to redress such attacks. Designers of WordPress-based CMS designs may end up having to pay someone to fix the problem,

agora, Dec 14, 2013 IP