1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to make money online with no money down?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ashleyc81288, Nov 26, 2013.

I'm a 25 year old, I live in a household of 4, which include my 65 year old Grandmother, My mentally ill mother, and My 9 year old brother, we have an income of $710 a month before bills are paid. As you would guess, I feel its up to me to provide some kind of income for the better of my family. I have been trying for a few years now to make money online, it seems like everything is a scam or you need money to get started which i don't have. I do a bit of graphic design, and digital art, but I don't feel i have enough knowledge nor skill to make good money out of it, I have an account on Fiver for my digital art (here a pic I did http://i.imgur.com/ai7eCFf.jpg ) but haven't got any hits. I have been into computers since I was 11 and built my own, I often find myself helping people fix their pc issues. Although I'm not very educated - book wise, I feel I am still capable of learning new things which could help me earn money online. If anyone has any advice or could help me I would be very grateful.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Ashleyc81288, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  2. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started off in this business offering writing services to clients on various forums. It worked very well in the beginning and writing is still my first source of online income. It is definitely not a scam and you can start making money right away on this very site.

You can start offering your services for 99 cents per 100 words at first then work your way up once you start building a reputation. Once you've got a solid client base, you won't even need to advertise your services. You'll have recurring business and you'll be surprised at how much you'll get sollicitated if you write good content.

Content is the backbone of the internet, and great content is immensely valuable. Even though the market may seem a bit crowded, there is still space for a good writer who knows how to fullfill his clients needs.

Mr Right, Nov 26, 2013 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  3. Ashleyc81288

Ashleyc81288 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for the advice, I have been looking into some writing jobs, it a bit scary for me, since I've never done it. If I did get a job writing, I wouldn't even know how to start. You wouldn't happen to have any links for people starting out? maybe something that gives an in depth explanation of the profession, and gives tips on how to get started? if not I'm sure i could find something on google :) Thanks again for the help!!

4. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here you go, this is a great ressource for people who are just starting:

http://www.writersincharge.com/blog/

The blog was written by a fellow freelance writer and you'll find everything you need to get started.

Mr Right, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  5. gnareshkumar

gnareshkumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I have gone through the site mentioned by Mr.Right. It is quite interesting

gnareshkumar, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  6. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting, reselling wordpress themes, music, graphics, domains, webhosting... anything that allows you to resell? Hosting is cheap and plenty of templates you could use for your own site..
    Look in the logo/graphic design contest, could be worth a try and see if you can generate any interest that way?

dayvo, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  7. Ashleyc81288

Ashleyc81288 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks every for the help I'll be checking all this stuff out

8. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that you may find more things useful not only here. I may have something for you - working as affiliate - if you're interested in. Send me a PM and we may talk about your possible development in Internet Marketing Business.

RosuC, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  9. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely try bidding sites like eLance and oDesk

BradySEO, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  10. ardge25

ardge25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi i believe freelancing sites are very hard to get awarded projects especially if your new to the website with no reviews etc have you ever herd of dropshipping? it costs nothing to get started and you dont have to have your own products simply find a product post for sale on google or amazon you sell get paid and place order you keep the profit the wholesaler sends direct to your customer you can get more information on dropshipping on my website http://www.fanofmoney.com/how-to-make-money-with-no-money-online-dropshipping/

ardge25, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why not start a blog or web site about your experience with "Agoraphobia". You can review your medications and things that have helped you deal with your illness. Keep a log, post Q&s and monetize with Google Adsense. People will find you and you may even help a lot of people along the way. Plus I have to imagine the payout per click for an Agoraphobia keyword has to be around a dollar or so.

NetStar, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  12. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked your image, and it is a pretty good mascot. I will suggest you to try the design section of this forum, you will get a lot of offers for logo and mascot making.

Do not under estimate your design talents, it is pretty good.

uttoransen, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  13. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, find main talent in you and offer services based on your talent, you can offer writing services as well, as your writing is GOOD... and writers are in demand today.

alex06295, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  14. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ashley, I've been working on an idea which can teach people how to set up a high quality membership site using only free tools and services... I've been looking for some people who don't have much resources but have the desire to try to build something cool or useful for other people. If you're interested in learning how to use Wordpress and you have a reliable internet connection (and a PC) I have an awesome list of totally free tools to build a teaching/instructional kind of business and you can paid monthly if you can keep the members interested in what you have. If you know some people who are like you, you can sell this very idea to them and teach them how to build an online business for free... see how an idea can be the driving force to get money? Everything else is basically made up limitations.

kingde, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You should promote your stuff/site on craigslist. To me it's the only feasible solution for getting leads or visitors. It's not really easy to get anything for nothing, but not entirely impossible.

qwikad.com, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  16. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good point and backpage.com has some really cheap options to advertise automatically in many cities to deliver business services like graphic artist etc
    I don't really get Craigslist because it seems to only want to let me post one ad per category every two weeks.

kingde, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  17. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    The most common method for earning money online is PPC.This is the most used widely to earn money online, if you have a blog or website just sign up for any of the below Pay Per Click sites and after they accept your application you will be able to earn money online easily.
    google.com/adsense
    clicksor.com etc.
    you can also earn through affiliates program . clickbank and amazon are the best ones.
    you can also earn a lot through free lancing.

dean1122, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you have the skills the only investment you need is time and hard work.

Don't listen to the above poster. PPC is a sure fire way to burn money if you're a newbie to IM.

dcristo, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  19. Ashleyc81288

Ashleyc81288 Member

Best Answers:
    WOW Thanks everyone, all these tips are great!! You guys have helped me out more than you know. I had no idea where to start, it was a bit overwhelming trying to think of ideas on my own, knowing there are so many scams, still kind of is but I'm sure I'll figure it out now, thanks to you guys. I'll be checking them all out come Monday. Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!!

Ashleyc81288, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  20. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the poster who mentioned you blogging about your agoraphobia had a great idea and it could be a great niche. Other people with your condition will love finding someone who understands what they're going through.

You can get a free, easy-to-use blog (Blogger), put AdSense ads on it, maybe related Amazon products and the like. If/when you do decide to go into freelance writing, you'll have clips (samples) of your work for your writing portfolio.

Sounds like maybe you could write about something computer repair/building related, however you will have some steep competition with that one, I think.

There are places online where you can write and earn via revenue share, too. HubPages is one example. I've written on there for the past five years, get rev sharing from ads and eBay, as well as Amazon commissions.

Just so you know, these techniques are NOT fast (or huge) money. It builds up over time. I don't want you to think that you'll be rolling in dough a month from now, strictly by starting a blog. You won't. But once you get some good content up, you'll have something to work with and earn you some passive income.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Annea, Nov 30, 2013 IP