1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More Content = More Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dionne Taylor, Nov 20, 2013.

I saw something interesting on the HubSpot Website Grader and it says that small businesses that blog 15x per month get 5x more traffic than websites that don't blog. So should I blog everyday? Has anyone seen traffic increases based on increased blogging frequency?

Dionne Taylor, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  2. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    More valuable / unique content is going to increase traffic, posting junk articles will result in loss of traffic and inevitable loss of revenue.

Webcenter, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  3. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    More Content = More Traffic - No.
    You would be right to say that usually more content will bring more traffic but this is not for sure. This might happen.

aditd, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  4. sam770

sam770 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The more content you have increases the chances of more traffic but you should really be focusing on the content of your posts. Google will improve your ranking if they see that your content is fresh, unique and of high quality. Thats why so many people hire writers from sites like contentmaster.net because the quality of the content is so crucial to your SEO.

sam770, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  5. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not so much about how much you post per month. It's more important that you post consistently. And what's even more important than that is that you post quality content. Even if you only update your blog one time per month, as long as the content in the article is highly relevant to your target audience and it is consistently updated every single month you will have consistent revenue.

Of course, for most niches I do recommend more than once per month. How much engaging content can you create in a months time? How much can you afford to generate? You have to test different combinations to see what comes out to be most profitable with your business.

Sharpay, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More Content may not always equal more traffic. However, no content equals no traffic. So it's in your best interest to continuously update your web site with appealing content that will both attract users from the search engines AND also engage them.

If you blog 3 times per week (approx 12 times per month) you will probably have 144 articles in a year. If you force yourself to blog every day you will probably have 7 articles in a year. The key is to be consistent and not burn yourself out or lose interest.

NetStar, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  7. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    More pages indexed in Google increases the chances of someone to find your website.

Dionne Taylor, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  8. BookInsta

BookInsta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    More content More Traffic-I Agree but your content should be theme based of your websites and it should be unique ,if you go for a copy content and spinning of content it will not work at all,because recent Humming Bird Algorithm is for the content mainly ..so Get a unique content and Get a Good Traffic

BookInsta, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  9. Thanoz

Thanoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should blog, i don't know about the statistics and how they depict reality but definitely a corporate blog is a must for most companies e.g. hosting, web design and seo/im ones.
    However, noone would want just another "rewrite", try to be innovative, because this is the image want to pass to readers and visitors about your company. If you just write the same as 1000 other competitors, that's what the potential customer also sees! You are just one of the many that will go mainstream with a project.
    Of course the blog should be smart integrated in your corporate website, be minimal and have some smart links/banners to your services without ending every article with the same ego-centric line(e.g. you're the best out there, trust us etc.)
    Offering free content and ebooks or addings media such us video presentations will also engage people to your blog and the website.

Thanoz, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  10. shartwell

shartwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    • Write as often as you can handle
    • Make the content unique and useful
    • Network, Network, Network
    • Promote, Promote Promote
    That's how I see it at least and quite a few popular blogs on the blogging subject agree.

shartwell, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  11. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was a thumb rule in the past - it does not works that easily anymore.

There are many Google filters, you can keep adding content and you won't see any increase in traffic at all. The long tail idea of - content = traffic does not quite work out anymore.

having said that, it is always better to add more content than not add at all. More content is always better than less content - but it does not quite gaurentees your traffic.

uttoransen, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  12. jeanverti

jeanverti Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure...first of all, writing 15 times about your e-commerce website is going to be very very hard to write good content. Just how many times a month can you write you added new product to your site

jeanverti, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  13. benny taylor

benny taylor Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you write on your blog and the purpose of it. For example, if a person's product is a blender, obviously a blog that someone can follow regarding creative things that can be done with the blender will complement the person's business, versus not having a blog.

benny taylor, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  14. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use speech recognition for unique content creation and I can tell you it does help to boost overall search engine rankings.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  15. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    nice equation!!!
    but i just want to add some thing to this equation .
    More Quality Content = More Traffic
    More High Quality Links =More Traffic

dean1122, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  16. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    this can have a chance if you are writing really great content.

bobestes, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  17. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    are you looking to increase quality back links and search engine traffic?

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  18. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experiments it's been more valuable to constantly add content to existing pages than to post more new pages. Pages that I've slowly grown over time to be 2000+ words are getting way more action than the others.

freelancewebaz, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  19. EngineerofSuccess

Best Answers:
    do you type on the keyboard when creating content or use any kind of special program to make words appear on your computer screen?

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  20. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I type on the keyboard usually but I did buy a nice microphone to give speech recognition a try.

freelancewebaz, Dec 1, 2013 IP