1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does age of account count towards its rank in Search?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Deb397, Nov 27, 2013.

For some reason I'm under the impression that Twitter factors in the age of an account, but I can't remember why I would think that. I'm starting a new Twitter and I have a spare account that I created last March. Does anyone know if the age of the account would help its ranking when people do searches on words that would pull up my account (amongst a ton of others). Or would I be better off starting a new account so that people aren't biased against an old account that - as I'm starting out - will have a low number of followers?

Thank you in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Deb

Deb397, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  2. Daniel Do

Daniel Do Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it wont make a difference as this is not something people compete for on twitter. its more about tweets retweets and interating with eachother than anything.

Daniel Do, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  3. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Age can be one of the factor but there are many more things like number of followers, retweets, favorites, etc

blogdum, Dec 5, 2013 IP