1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Did You Get Your First Like on Digital Point

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by john231, Nov 16, 2013.

Hi everyone,

I joined DP a few months ago, but still couldn't manage to get any like. So, can anyone share your experience about how you got your first like on DP?

john231, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just go around the site and read some of the the comments that have received likes. That ought to give you some idea of how to proceed.
    One more thing, I believe you ought to have made more than 3 posts before you started complaining about not getting any likes.;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  3. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ideally if we contribute and make thread live we can get like from other, but that was not easy, depend their mood, in any case they will easily give a like in any comment from established, because that will not give an effect, but if they a new person they will careful to give a like. That was what i felt here. Forgive if i have wrong, and sorry for bad english

Jaman3, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Speaking only for myself I will agree with what you wrote. Yes, I am quite careful when handing out likes to non established members. I don't want to aid spammers here. But having said that I do derive a particular satisfaction from helping a newbie become established if they are a helpful, contributing member.

5. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to aid spammers here.

Nice one, yes we know that we need to be established or pay to be premium if we want to trade, like my case, i need to be established, but i just domain seller that no need any conversation, and honestly i dont have english basic, that make hard to get a like in any conversation with other member here

Jaman3, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You are missing the payoff. Every time you are forced to write (or speak) in English, you are slowly but surely improving your English skills. English is the language of the internet, therefore it's the language of commerce and profit. I too am not a native speaker of English, but had to learn it if I was going to succeed in life.

7. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice hear that, thank again, that make me to always improve my english and make better

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Jaman3, Nov 16, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You can do it and you are, good luck to you with all.;)

9. little_ernesto

little_ernesto Member

Best Answers:
    at the first time you came to this forum, don't be "get-like minded" to hard. that will make you too lazy to make any contribution here, because everything you do in this forum will driven by your aim to get like, like, and like. and when the time you make a post and don't get any single like, you'll feel dissapointed and leave this forum. just try to come here to make a contribution, if you are a good forumer, you'll get more like / reputation more than what you imagine.

that's the keyword, motivate yourself to be a usefull forum member by contributing to help each other, not to earn like with minimum post. as a newbie, like me, at the first, yes i really want to became established member instantly, but am i worth to get that???

just ask that question to my self. and i think, may be i don't get reputation because i contribute less in this forum.

so that's the start. :D

little_ernesto, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  10. Steve202

Steve202 Member

Best Answers:
    You're not going to get a like with just three posts unless you've really helped someone out.

I can't remember how I got my first like, but I always just try and help people out. Best way imo.

Steve202, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  11. Jeremy Francis

Jeremy Francis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hey... I was wanting to know where I can get started on web development. I'm into content writing but want to shift into something more technical & exciting as well... I'm unable to start a thread in the appropriate place, so i'm hoping you could send me some links to threads if this topic has been covered before. In short, I want to learn from the basics of how a site is created, programmed etc since I'm gonna get books & visit codeacademy to learn how to code. I strongly believe that coding is a must have skill in these times...

Here's a link to a very inspirational/awesome video about the importance of coding... hope you like it...

Jeremy Francis, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  12. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might feel that content writing is not exciting, but I think it would be easier to make money writing content. It's easy to learn to code and do other technical stuff, but tough to make money at it. If you can generate good content, your reputation will spread and sales and money will follow.

RobinInTexas, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  13. Jeremy Francis

Jeremy Francis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's true Robin... Content writing has made me quite a lot of $$$ in the past years. I even paid for college with the money I made from writing. My native language is English, so I have no problem in writing good content. However, I have a passion for anything computer related. I may be wanting to learn how to code, but it's not just for getting clients & getting paid for my services. I have a passion for this, and like many other people out here, the internet is an amazing place to learn & to gain experience & develop oneself. I want to channelize my efforts to learning more about web development so that I can probably put it to some good use. We live in the digital era these days...

Jeremy Francis, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  14. ocim

ocim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could see if I joined a long time, but because it is rarely active on the forums just get one likes, therefore please active and contributing member

ocim, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  15. Lisa William

Lisa William Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, ocim you are right

Lisa William, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  16. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Questions Guys ,,, Where is the like BUTTON ? if I like someones comments

manish_khanna, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  17. Lisa William

Lisa William Member

Best Answers:
    i am checking but not found, if you found the "BUTTON", Please tell me :(

18. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Just came to know that
    "You can see the "Like" button under every post once you get established"
    Rest of all the Established Member Details are here https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/established

19. Lisa William

Lisa William Member

Best Answers:
    hmm thanks :)

20. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    event though I have found a answer for you, but cause you are not established... you cannot like my answer... i will talk to you when you get established... :D