1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a dedicated server , need to utilize it . .

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ronyraskhit, Nov 18, 2013.

Hello everyone ,

I need an idea from you . . . I have purchased a dedicated server 3 months back , its a windows server with 4 gb ram and 500 gb hdd , i purchased it for 1 year , but now i dont need this server anymore as my purpose of buying this server is no more exists , every month i am paying 100 of bucks , can you guys please suggest me how can i utilize this server and earn some extra money ?

Regards

Rony

ronyraskhit, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  2. yize

yize Active Member

Best Answers:
    rent it out, offer hosting services, backup services for a local business.

yize, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  3. fun99

fun99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You think its easy? to rent it someone, I would like to advise contact provider and ask them, maybe be they can help if want money back. I think its not easy to earn just from a servers, If you are not sure how you can use.

fun99, Nov 18, 2013 IP
    Crook-sam likes this.
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Rony,

Its not easy to make money from the server instantly unless you find a needy person who would be interested in purchasing the service from you. I would personally suggest you to contact the hosting service provider and ask them to cancel the server and provide refund for the remaining months.

MilesWeb, Nov 19, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. Greg Ramos

Greg Ramos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unless you know or find someone that is in need of a window server like this then your going to have little bits of problems.

You'd be best off contacting your provider and see if they can give you your remaining credit back.

Try starting a business like offering back up space to sites or business. Do you have any skills with web programming or development? You can create sites for people and businesses and charge them a fair amount if money.

Greg Ramos, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  6. BITNETHOST

BITNETHOST Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cancel your account with server provider and get back your money.
    Monthly billing is advised for Dedicated Server Plans.

BITNETHOST, Nov 21, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  7. 7Host

7Host Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Subscription cancellation and money back is the best option for you I think, or you can try to sell vps

7Host, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  8. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Windows server is slightly more difficult, if it's running on Linux, you could easily purchase a cPanel license and offer web hosting service to a small community.

I think, I have to agree with 7Host, if might be better to cancel the subscription and see if you could get back as much money as possible.

nks, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  9. 121beale121

121beale121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think a web hosting company would give you back 9 months on a dedicated service you signed up, over 75% don't even give you what they state on there slogans and websites unlimited everything rubbish.

121beale121, Dec 12, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  10. drakzor

drakzor Active Member

Best Answers:
    ask for a refound or start renting some VPS, which will give you monthly income (not saying it's the easiest way)

drakzor, Dec 14, 2013 IP