1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the End of Page Rank ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by danielsmitth, Nov 17, 2013.

Hello friends, i am working on some website to get good Page Rank. But recently i saw lot of articles that there will be no page rank updation this year and may be does not update in future also.

Is this the End of Page Rank ?

So what should i do ? Please share your experience with me. i really need your help ?

danielsmitth, Nov 17, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    onlypmme, Nov 18, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contest is always the easiest and best place to start. Keep adding quality and original posts to your blogs and sites. Provide something of value to your visitors. :)

danasurvey, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank "ended" for me quite a while ago. I simply stopped chasing Google's algorithm and began using the time I saved on that to keep enlarging my website. It's lots more fun and less stressful.

Jim4767, Nov 18, 2013 IP
    RosuC likes this.
  5. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank ended before it was even started...LOL

:)

GuruCreation, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  6. adamsmeeth

adamsmeeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why you think about page rank, just think about best content for your website, which are according to visitor who are searching it. your fresh content increase your webiste and popularity.

adamsmeeth, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  7. johnclarketwo

johnclarketwo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes page rank has not been updated from last 9 months and also it will not update in future. Matt cutts is also saying that he is not sure about Google page rank update in future. So now we can assume that page rank will no longer in future.

johnclarketwo, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  8. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, yes, yes for the 5 billionth time. PageRank is dead.

bitronictech, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  9. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Page Rank is not capable to follow up the speed of how the Internet is Growing. I can't say that is dead is just not capable to measure the Ranking of a webpage during the rapid changes. I'm sure that even Alexa Ranking is having the same problems because they're doing the rate based on the 3 months bouncing, I'm sure that they'll change it soon enough at 1 month.

RosuC, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    vola likes this.
  10. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We don't know exactly what is going to happen in future.. but if you see last 3 to 6 page rank updates, there were irregularity... so I can't say that it won't be updated, Google may update when it wants, it may also be a secret algorithm of Google search engine to make difficult to guess.

alex06295, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  11. Aditya Khanna

Aditya Khanna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it will either be a major change in PR attributes or will be completely removed. As of now it looks like it has no effect on Rankings

Aditya Khanna, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  12. Thanoz

Thanoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The infrequent Pagerank updates was for a lot of people a sign that it wouldn't last long. Actually, the whole philosophy of page rank and the hunt for quality back links and link sales is against their own TOS! The more strict they get with paid links and serps manipulation techniques, the more they bury Pagerank.It will be like google wave, one day you'll read through an emotional announcement that soon it'll be over... :)

Thanoz, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  13. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't care about Page Rank. Instead of optimizing your site for search engines, optimize it for the real users and automatically your site will rank good in SERPs. Try to retain the users and make the users browse many pages of your site. Basically, keep your visitors interested.

kingofking, Nov 23, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is. Toolbar PageRank started to lose importance over the years and it has finally come to the end of its days. But the real PageRank (the algorithm) isn't dead; it has been updated and upgraded by Google over time. The "hidden PageRank" is in the hands of Google and it's the core of their web search, so don't bother with it. They're never going to release it to the public. Only the original algorithm is available in academic papers and patents.

More inclusive metrics like Domain Authority and Page Authority (by MOZ) make more sense in my book. And subscribers and analytics traffic, of course. :)

luanatf, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ohhh noes the sky is falling!

dcristo, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  16. Andy Ramirez

Andy Ramirez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, there are still a lot of ways to increase your page rank, it focuses on quality and quality of incoming links.

Andy Ramirez, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  17. DenisaFrisk

DenisaFrisk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am concentrating on Alexa Rank, and maybe the backlinks. What worries me though is the fact that after 9 months I still have PR0 and Google does not index any of my sites, other search engines do. Is it possible that I have some problem in Robots or my sitemap? After nine months my Alexa Rank fell from 10 millions to 490.000 and visitors increased from 10 people per day to 900-1200 people per day, but PR is still 0 :p

DenisaFrisk, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  18. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Denisa,

Google PageRank might no longer updated, so you might not see your PR value increase (or decrease) over time. Don't worry about it, as it's just a number with no real influence on your website performance.

On the contrary, if your Alexa traffic fell down to 490.000, that means your website is trafficked and web users are interested in it. :) This is a much more important factor than PageRank; it means your website works!

If you're still looking for metrics to keep track of your website health in addition to Alexa, you can use OpenSiteExplorer.org to measure your Domain and Page Authority, mozRank and mozTrust.

luanatf, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  19. Internetmarketingmantra

Internetmarketingmantra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am also wondering that why Google not doing any page rank updates from last 8 months

Internetmarketingmantra, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  20. geese10

geese10 Peon

Best Answers:
    if this is the end of pagerank why google doesn't delete it for all the web ?

geese10, Nov 26, 2013 IP