1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need Your Wordpress Theme Recommendations

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Garyjay, Nov 16, 2013.

So, I will probably purchase a theme from Theme Forest for a new website and after spending hours looking at theme after theme with little understanding of what I am looking at or for, I sure can use some guidance from Wordpress gurus regarding which themes may be most easily adapted to what I want to accomplish as well as what features I want to make sure my final choice includes.

The site will be a paid membership site where members can:
    • pay one low monthly fee and have unlimited access to hypnosis mp3's for their own use for things like smoking cessation, pain management, weight loss, stress reduction, etc.
    • purchase a self-help book that is close to completion (probably will publish and sell it through Amazon).
    • view a video I will post on YouTube of a snake phobia intervention I did with a local Fox News reporter (successful thankfully!). I will probably add additional YouTube videos as current and prospective patients give me permission to post our work for others to view.
    • see reviews and endorsements of me by satisfied customers
    • I will eventually add a second membership tier where (for a higher monthly rate) people will have access to webinars that I will lead, and first-come-first-serve small group trainings..
    Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Solved! View solution.
    Garyjay, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  2. Nette

Nette Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may go to this link http://themeforest.net/popular_item/by_category?category=wordpress
    for themes and this link
    http://codecanyon.net/popular_item/by_category?category=wordpress for WP plugins. I believe that you can find nice themes and plugins for your website :) good luck.

Nette, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  3. Garyjay

Garyjay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nette,
    Thanks for the links and I will look through the top choices, but I am still ignorant as to which one(s) would best suit my needs and why.

Garyjay, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  4. N1NJA

N1NJA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really i think you should go for a one Column WordPress theme, have your video bang smack in the middle and from the bottom of the page, have links to your membership side of things. Keep it simple and you will succeed...

N1NJA, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  5. yize

yize Active Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is to look through the support questions before hand. I have bought a number of themes there and some are extremely hard to change for my clients. They usually have some sort of customization built in, but there is always something I need to change in the code.

For what you are looking for, I don't think the theme matters that much, you can look at health related ones. What you do want to find is a plugin to handle the memberships.

yize, Nov 17, 2013 IP
    Pretty much any theme will be able to do what you want, but the membership stuff is going to require some kind of add-on.

As far as themes, I like what StudioPress puts out. Their themes look nice and they're coded well. I've heard that Theme Forest themes are not always coded that great.

As far as the membership add-on, I use aMember on my website but it is probably overkill for what you're doing. (It's complicated to set up.) I'd recommend doing a Google search for "wordpress membership software" and research yourself.

adum, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  7. maverick137

maverick137 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    best of luck!

maverick137, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  8. ravescoder

ravescoder Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend a theme called "Visia" I have purchased it from Theme Forest, and so far, my feedback for my website using the Visia theme has been good, it's nice, clean, responsive & professional.

ravescoder, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  9. Jojtik

Jojtik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi . Check this them , maybe this is what you need - web-dorado.com/wordpress-themes/business-responsive.html .

Jojtik, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  10. gregdbowen`

gregdbowen` Member

Best Answers:
    If you are comfortable with codes - a theme framework might be a good way to go.

gregdbowen`, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  11. Garyjay

Garyjay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know nothing about code, but thanks anyway. Thank you all for your suggestions and support.

Garyjay, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  12. Millionclarke.com

Millionclarke.com Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Congratulations on making the decision for setting up a membership website. The first principle to keep in mind is value is the key to your success. As for my any advice on WordPress themes. Because you developing a membership model you have to develop a brand and become is unique as your imagination allows you.

It's okay to purchase a theme that you like from theme Forest when I would advise is that you also employ the services of a web design team to customize this theme for your liking. Invest in it customize logo, change the color scheme around of the theme branded to yourself and your business.

The disadvantage when purchasing themes is it's not really suited properly to anyone particular business model and you have to make some changes in order for it to really get in your business. This is okay in the startup stages if you just want to get started. What I would also advise is to have this design team or a consultant work along with you to establish value for your members. Value goes beyond the content that you members of paying for a signing up for but you can also have some value-added features in the design of your website.

Purchasing a theme and customizing it is a great way to get started

Millionclarke.com, Nov 26, 2013 IP