1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharing ways on writing articles for my freeware

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by lianshengjie, Nov 12, 2013.

To tighter budgets, I decided to write article myself instead of looking for help from professional writers. At the very beginning to find an appropriate topic for my software SoundDownloader was not easy. http://www.sounddownloader.com

The content of articles that I have written before is mainly “Press Release”, “Top 10” type, “Tutorial” and some other that related to my software. I post them both on my website and some other public article directories, and they indeed bring me steady traffic.

1. Title is the most important elements which must be accurate and relevant to the content. Keep number of words in a reasonable range.
    Before typing headlines, I have a habit to search the keyword on Google by using Google KeyWord Tool or Google trend to confirm the best key word, for example, the keyword of SoundDownloader can be variety including soundcloud, download soundcloud, rip soundcloud, download music, soundcloud to mp3 and so on.

2. Content
    I always try to write articles containing helpful information that people can actually searching for. The article should discourse upon the theme with some parts clearly. And do not make grammar mistakes otherwise some major search engines would take your article as a poor-quality one.
    The keywords found in the first stage are still useful in content. And you can make use of the words’ variations. For instance, root download can change to downloading, downloads, downloaded, downloader…Ensure them frequent appearing in your coherent, fluent and extended piece of writing. What calls for special attention is that the first one hundred words are crucial in winning search engine rankings. If it is possible, add some anchor text to content is great.

3. Some article directories might ask you to write a description. It is the second impression to the readers, so try to make it eye-catching.

That’s what I have ever tried in writing article for my website, but I think there still much room for progress. A big problem is I cannot find more article directories to submit my article because some with high PR do not allow me to publish due to too promotion while other article websites are not exist any longer.

Do you have any more suggestion, no matter on article directories or on my way of writing?

As for blog, I haven’t start writing. But many thanks to tech blog writers who write free review for my software and post on their tech blogs (http://www.bradtechonline.com/tech/sound-downloader-review/2659/). By the way, if any one would like to write and post on tech blog, we can consider link exchange.

lianshengjie, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  2. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You may write a description of your article first to explain what is about and you should make it attractive for the reader and also for the search engines.
    Good luck

actnews, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  3. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    What? I'm not understanding your post. Are you asking us about the format of an article? Reviewing with us to see that you have it correct, are on the right track, before you write the article? Are you then asking us for places to submit your article to?

TextServices, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  4. lianshengjie

lianshengjie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tks!
    Yes, the article brings some traffic to my website http://www.sounddownloader.com, so I shared some tips, and at the same time I hope to get some more professional advice about article writing.
    I am appreciate if you can tell some place to submit article.

lianshengjie, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  5. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can find similar blogs where you can submit your article for guest post. You can adopt different criteria to select the blogs.

zeesales, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  6. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    Hi from Eddie P --

When I write an article, I spend a good bit of time on the title. My key word(s) are usually placed toward the beginning. I try to use a word picture of some type if possible.

The main directory I submit to at present is Ezine Articles, mainly because of its reputation.

I have noticed that some people use the first part of their article as the introduction. I don't think this is a good idea. My introduction usually contains a summary of the content I plan to present.

The body content should have good grammar, short paragraphs, with varying sentence lengths. Content must address the topic chosen and not have too many keywords. I have been taught that we should "write like we speak" to some degree. When I read various content on the web, I wonder if the writer ever thought about reading their material aloud.

Just wanted to post a few thoughts about "How I Write."

Cheers!

Eddie Phillips, Mar 7, 2014 IP