1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is traffic so hard to get?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dionne Taylor, Nov 11, 2013.

I've been blogging for 10 months and dont get much traffic each month. Any advice or tips?

Dionne Taylor, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  2. chrisfc61

chrisfc61 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

I suggest you to make some guest blogging post of your website and activities, using social media like facebook, tweeter, tumblr
    for acquering good backlinks and popularity.

Regards
    Christophe

chrisfc61, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know!!! I have been asking myself the same question.
    Well, maybe you just need to check your keywords and change them once in a while.
    I recommend you to use "Traffic Travis" your can download it for free and in there you can add your URL and the keywords and traffic travis tells you if is an easy keyword or a difficult keyword to Rank.

azulita, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. WebLab

WebLab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats why SEO is necessary. The following article might help you.
    http://www.wordtracker.com/academy/how-to-optimize-a-page-for-search-engines

WebLab, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Dionee, I just visited your site and I notice that you post at the end of every article your newsletter series but to the left column you don´t have it. Well, my advice is to add also your newsletter series to the side and at the top of all the products that you are promoting so when people click to your blog the first thing they will notice is the free ebook.

Well, is just my advice =) still the blog looks very good. Keep going like that =)

azulita, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  6. mcwahl

mcwahl Member

Best Answers:
    My personal impression of blogging for success is that it isn't an easy road. I have put quite a bit of work into blogs and I don't think it has helped my business that much. I really see them as hard work but there are not any easy lunches... ;) My advice would be to do something remarkable that really makes you stand out. Do something that really helps people. Something amazing will be talked about with just a little advertising. Make that quality count. If your blog is about income opportunity, marketing, or online traffic related you might consider traffic exchanges and their community.

mcwahl, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many blogs and bloggers that it is really difficult to stand out from the crowd. The key, I believe, is differentiation. Give interested readers a reason to not miss your blog because of the unique and valuable information that you provide.

jrbiz, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  8. HostusPocus

HostusPocus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is really important when it comes to traffic. Google make a lot of changes to their algorithms and these changes can really dent traffic. It would be worth revising any keywords you are using and just check for any duplicate content.

HostusPocus, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would blogging frequency land more traffic from Google

Dionne Taylor, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. brettb

brettb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's getting harder to get traffic these days. The number of people using the internet isn't growing so much. And they're spending more time using apps like LINE and WhatsApp.

brettb, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Here are three ways to use your creativity to attract the right kind of visitors to your website.

By giving some of your best work away for free.
    You can borrow someone else’s audience.
    Get your content into circulation.
    and the most important Back links with authority sites.

dean1122, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  12. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once you start getting traffic you'll be asking "Why is good traffic so hard to get?" :)

bitronictech, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I suggest you to post your blog post on FB and twitter. Join and invite like minded people (who are really interested in your blog topic),then see results.

I think that more than blog optimization through google, we can get better results as well as traffic through FB.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  14. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eric is right, not only that but if you are posting quality key-worded content with good on page SEO, the social signals will work wonders for your rankings. Social signals are huge in today's SERP algorithms.

bitronictech, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  15. jamescastle

jamescastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is a small secret to it, or well, not a secret but a method I discovered when I first got into blogging for income.

Stop thinking about traffic, income and all of that. Blog about something YOU like and that you KNOW something about. How does this work?

Simple, I used to run an old blog in the gaming niche, I wrote maybe ten posts and after a month, no results. I kinda gave up. Then suddenly one day, I got a traffic report that I had over a thousand daily visitors. I was quite shocked as the only SEO I actually did was using my keywords in the posts.
    What made the blog fairly popular in that specific niche was simply that I was human. I didn't act like someone who wanted to make a quick dime. People liked my content and how I interacted with the readers.

While remembering SEO and all related to it, it's still important to write naturally, when it comes to blogs that is. Look at the biggest blogs out there, they write about something they love and get famous for it because of it.

And yes, writing more posts increases your traffic obviously, however make sure to write good. But remember, blogs are blogs, not ecommerce sites, not company sites but blogs.

Note: My blog also offered free products in the niche so that also helped a great deal to get traffic. Also, the niche wasn't saturated, I only had about thirty competing sites, so beating them wasn't hard when I was the only passionate and active person in the niche.

Second note: I just realized that I made a huge post when I could have summarized it all..

jamescastle, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    cronik, jrbiz and bitronictech like this.
  16. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't wait for google to send me visitors I get visitors through off page marketing like posting youtube vidoes, article marketing, social bookmarking, social media marketing, doc sharing marketing and so on. Try doing some off page marketing too and see.

Mr victor, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  17. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure that you are targeting your audience and share your blog
    to forums/sites where your audience are.

Guest posts are effective too and also share freebies once in a while (like a free report/pdf)

wproute, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  18. johnsonlogic

johnsonlogic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Leave traditional way of representation, search new visitor trends and share news worthy information. Make your content informative so that if visitor visits your page they can get a valuable and related information.

johnsonlogic, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  19. HostusPocus

HostusPocus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Think of it like this “CONTENT IS KING” if you spend time and energy creating something that is truly engaging and interesting you will get traffic and also hopefully some social interaction through Twitter and Facebook. Stop writing for traffic and write about a topic you are passionate about and write it from the heart.

HostusPocus, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    kutchbhi likes this.
  20. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were to apply all these tips, how long would it take me to see traffic increases?

Dionne Taylor, Nov 13, 2013 IP