1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best place to buy?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mone, Nov 11, 2013.

Does anyone know the best place to buy domains from? I looked around and read that Godaddy can be a bad place to buy from.

Mone, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. xms

xms Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of domains are you looking for?

xms, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. Mone

Mone Member

Best Answers:
    A TLD for my forum.

Mone, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    namecheap is recommended plus you get free privacy for ur domain name too ..

wproute, Nov 11, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try champname.com its very cheap.

Zoti Media Group, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  6. bcsman

bcsman Member

Best Answers:
    I have actually used GoDaddy for the last 7 years and while they may not really be the cheapest, they do make it very easy to purchase, setup and transfer domains!

bcsman, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  7. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Safe and secure Registrar is ResellerClub.com
    You will get full domains right and no problems at all.

All the best.
    Toniya

toniya, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  8. chrisfc61

chrisfc61 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello
    I'am using
    http://www.wsmdomains.com/
    for buying and managing some of my domains since many years and working perfectly.
    Regards
    Christophe

chrisfc61, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. Jayceee

Jayceee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend hostgator.com
    Definitely give it a try

Jayceee, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mrgadget, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is supposed to be very good for domains, (not so much on hosting) however, I choose not to use them for my own reasons.
    I will say that namecheap.com is fantastic for domains. I would recommend you go with them.

Can I give you 1 piece of advice? you should always keep your domains and hosting separate.

what, do they pay you for everytime you mention the word bluehost? do you walk around the streets muttering the word bluehost all the time? 10 mins to put up a site? how is that impressive? nearly every host, you can login, (what 30seconds to enter the password? 10 seconds to click on the wordpress icon in softaculous, another 10-20 seconds to confirm to install, maybe another 30seconds for installation to be complete), so whats that, 1-2 mins to have wordpress installed for pretty much any host. But dude, thats not amazing, thats NORMAL.
    If you think bluehost is amazing for that, then I suggest you live more.

Besides, doesnt matter how fast you can install wordpress, it can still take time for DNS to resolve, so who gives a crap if its 2 mins, or 10mins, when it can be hours (sometimes days) for DNS to resolve.

as for the "99%" of all hosts with bluehost. No. Not even close. I think they were sold for around $2million? Compare that to hostgator that was sold for over $200 million, and you will see that bluehost is just chump change in the grand scheme of things. (btw both brought out by the same owner)

matt_62, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    HomeBlogger likes this.
  12. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    99%?? from where you take this ridiculous number ???? Haha, this post (from a new and suspicious member) should be reported for self-advertising.^^

mrgadget, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  13. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Is that not just for the first year?
    I use Internetbs.net most of the time (free privacy), or if the gTLD/ccTLD I want isn't available then I use DynaDot.com ($2 for privacy, although your name is still visible). I've recently started using DomainMonster.com for my .co.uk domains.

It depends what the OP means though - fresh registration or to buy a domain from an auction? GoDaddy, DigitalPoint and NamePros (to name a few) are worth checking out for domain auctions.

ryan_uk, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, the free whois from namecheap is only for the first year.

matt_62, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  15. SpeedyUnit

SpeedyUnit Active Member

Best Answers:
    dynadot is offering free private whois at the moment I guess, have a look.

SpeedyUnit, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  16. Mone

Mone Member

Best Answers:
    My hosting is separate from my domain, also im somewhat in a pickle .com and .net are taken sadly, would .co be a good domain to use? But it seems to have a problem its a ccTLD also .org wouldn't seem right for a forum.

As of now im using a .tk free domain using DNS to point it to my server and it really isn't working so well with google page rank ect..

Mone, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  17. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Really, you are better off coming up with a unique name that isn't used elsewhere. You want to establish a brand, so why lose out to the .com (especially if you domain is .co, people might just automatically type .com). .Org isn't too bad at all, but it's not worth it if the .com is taken. Google treats a .co as a gTLD, but buying a name that is already taken is only useful for affiliate/MFA type sites (or similar). .com rules for a brand (or the local ccTLD, if it's a site for a local market) as it's what people are used to.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    ryan_uk, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  18. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I too hate how all the good .com names are taken, but still, see if you can get a .com but if you really cant, then go for a different tld. It all depends on what your site, and market you are aiming for as to which tld will be the best for you.
    Ranking in the search engines, will take time with any domain, so simply having a paid .com (or other domain) wont give you instant results, (that said it should be easier to rank compared to a .tk)

I would like to mention that domain age does play a small role in your sites ranking, so expect it to take some time to get some results.
    Ranking really well in the search engines requires alot of work, and is reliant on a large range of factors (not just the domain tld). I admit, that I am no expert on this, but if I can give you some advice, it would be to visit matt cutts youtube vids, push yourself to watch one a day (or one a week) and you will learn alot about seo, and hopefully help you to avoid some of the common mistakes that nearly everyone makes.

Good luck.

matt_62, Nov 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  19. Mone

Mone Member

Best Answers:
    I'll gives those a go, the forum is based of general discussion so basically a bunch of different topics like sports,cooking ect.. the name is/cyber monkeys but might have to change it.

Mone, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  20. waqascheema

waqascheema Member

Best Answers:
    NameCheap.com is the best Place to buy domains ...highly recommend ..

waqascheema, Nov 15, 2013 IP