1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link at footer of client website after google penguin 2.1

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sbglobal79, Nov 7, 2013.

I've built websites for various clients, and I like to place a link to my company website at the bottom of each project those we developed, designed as well promote.. In the post-penguin era, would it be best to rel="nofollow" these links or remove altogether? Or does somebody have a convincing conclusion that these links do no harm?
    Should we remove such links from client website?
    should we update links as rel="nofollow" ?

we are very confused after google penguin 2.1 update what is Good or what is bad ?
    Please Guide us .

sbglobal79, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  2. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has specifically said that they consider footer links on client sites to be unnatural. It's fine to have them for branding purposes, but they should not convey Pagerank and should thus be nofollowed. As to how dangerous it is, it really depends on how many client sites you're talking about and how many links it is in your overall profile (5%?, 10%?, 50%?).

To be safe, I'd recommend nofollowing them.

lesterj, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  3. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks lesterj !
    so we have to use rel="nofollow" in all clients websites on all my Branding links.

sbglobal79, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  4. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    My company makes 500+ websites since 2009 with company name in the footer. How is it possible to do nofollow one by one it is not possible for my company. What the alternate way ?

great_friend, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. phattrance

phattrance Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are nofollow plugins if you running blogs on wordpress

phattrance, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  6. great_friend

Best Answers:
    I have no credentials of developed sites this is hosted in clients hosting how we can do it ? And it is not only in wordpress but includes in html, custom php, web portals etc..

great_friend, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  7. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    we are still waiting for good answers . So I request to all webmaster , please share yours best View if you know about this.

sbglobal79, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  8. great_friend

Best Answers:
    We are asking for footer links of our developed sites ..

great_friend, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. mysites

mysites Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes i understand that.
    I would suggest removing the links, i understand many web design companies place these links on their clients but they do more harm then good and leave an ugly footprint. I would never allow my developer to place such a link on my site.

mysites, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    we are still waiting !

sbglobal79, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

Best Answers:
    if those sites are not spam
    i wouldnt make them as nofollow

at least for the home page of them

MonsterMMORPG, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  12. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is a bit eval now, pls add nofollow on it ..

enous, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would find the first customer, and send them an email asking how they are going.
    I would also ask them if would be happy if you removed the footer link. As well, find out if they need any quick minor adjustments (no charge for up to 1/2 hour work) as they might need things like trading hours changed.
    Also, how old is the site of your first customer? Surely they might need a few things spruced up, so find out how things are going, offer to remove the link for free, and while your there, you offer to do some other services for them, (or even a total site redesign if need be), or offer them the chance to make it more mobile friendly. Like I would do it, and then when finished, drop them a line offering to make it mobile friendly for $xxx or something.

No doubt you will:
    - be able to reconnect with someone that is still using your product
    - make them happy by offering to remove the link for free (and providing any other quick services they need)
    - likely make sales as the older sites will usually benefit from some changes.

It might take you a while to do it, (1-2 years at a guess) but this is how I would approach the problem.

matt_62, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  14. cristal1290

cristal1290 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it as long it is just one link to your website. Google animals wont attack you. This is a normal practice all around the world and Google wont penalize you for this.

My research shows that Google doesn't penalize even if you have till 8 external links at the footer.

Its very simple, Maybe I'm placing my Sponsors at the footer. Only because I did so, Google will penalize me? That's BS. Yes maybe in this case you should consider the rel= but with one link to your website. No, you are fine don't worry.

cristal1290, Nov 14, 2013 IP